Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sadang station area - Worth living in?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spike

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:20 pm    Post subject: Sadang station area - Worth living in? Reply with quote

Title pretty much says it all. I'm considering moving into the area to be closer to work. Does anyone have and experience living here? Are there certain areas near Sadang, maybe a few stations away, that are preferable?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Im a long term resident of HBC who is looking for a bit of a change, but doesnt necessarily want to give up too many comforts that HBC provides.

Thanks in advance.
Lazio

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I�ve been living in the Sadang area for 3 years and overall I�m quite happy here.
What exactly you want to know?
Where is your work?
What kind of housing you want to have? Villa, officetel, apartment? What�s your budget for rent?

Rental prices are surely higher here than in HBC.

Commuting is great, Gwanaksan is at your doorstep, tons of bars and a fair number of foreigners living in the area.
Spike

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the response.

My work is a few stops away from Geumjeong, and I don't think I'm really keen on living in Suwon. think I'd rather live closer to Seoul still, which is why I threw out such a vague questions.

I know nothing about the area to be honest.

I'd prefer not to be stuck in a studio. a 2bedroom villa would be fine and the like.. Can't really find any prices to go by on any of my usual sites, so again, ANY info is appreciated. Would you mind giving me an idea of what a typical villa would cost?
dairyairy

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From Sadang station you can easily reach many nice parts of Seoul, Anyang, and many tourist attractions. It all depends on what you like to do and what you want to see.
Lazio

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recommend Sadang 1-dong or Namhyeon-dong. Both are mainly villa neighborhoods with very few apartments. Namhyeon-dong is probably a tad bit cheaper but just like anywhere else; the further you go from the subway the cheaper it gets.
A 2 bedroom villa in an older building (20 years or so) will cost you around 700-800/month with a usual 10 million deposit. A newer building (less than 10 years) will be in the ballpark of 1 million.
There is an E-mart in Sadang 1-dong at Isu Station so you can conveniently walk there and get your �western� groceries.
Yagremohbhg

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I were going to live in a station, I'd probably go for a bigger and morew modern one one like Noksapyeon, or maybe Seolleung.

I don't know, try and get an apt though if you can. Just saying, kinda weird to go to Korea to live in a station iyam.
detonate

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's nice it is on the edge of the city, the air almost seems cleaner if you walk up that mini mountain on the southwest side from Sadang Station. Most of my wayguk sightings are on that SW hilly part. Rents are higher there in my experience than the NE and NW areas. I have more fun around Isu Station but it is not a far walk.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: