Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Electronic Cigarettes
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
neilio

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

opengirl wrote:
Actually, the one I bought off of gmarket cost me about 38 000, so it wasn't that much.

what did u search for on gmarket? i cant find.
Jongno2bucheon

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weigookin74 wrote:
Died By Bear wrote:
Weigookin74 wrote:

Anyhow, I don't know much about these things. Does it feel weird when you smoke them?

Only the ones with the hash oil make you feel weird. A bit high.

Here in Colorado, they cost like 8 bucks for the starter kit.

Been a long time since I've had any kind of oil. Ha ha. Long before ever setting foot in the ROK.

So, what about Korea? Is there a national chain or brand or just some independant stores you go to here?

There are some chains opening up in Korea.

Just look for signs that say 전자 담배

The ecig and liquid is more expensive than in the states because of the taxes.

Try to use vg juice. Its made from vegetables so its the cleanest possible stuff.
neilio

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jongno2bucheon wrote:
Weigookin74 wrote:
Died By Bear wrote:
Weigookin74 wrote:

Anyhow, I don't know much about these things. Does it feel weird when you smoke them?

Been a long time since I've had any kind of oil. Ha ha. Long before ever setting foot in the ROK.

So, what about Korea? Is there a national chain or brand or just some independant stores you go to here?

Try to use vg juice. Its made from vegetables so its the cleanest possible stuff.

I can't walk around just looking for that. It's like trying to find an attractive white girl in korea. Hook up some specifics! When u say chains u mean chain stores or chain brands?
Died By Bear

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

neilio wrote:
Jongno2bucheon wrote:
Weigookin74 wrote:
Died By Bear wrote:
Weigookin74 wrote:

I can't walk around just looking for that. It's like trying to find an attractive white girl in korea. Hook up some specifics! When u say chains u mean chain stores or chain brands?

Razz Razz
Jongno2bucheon

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

neilio wrote:
Jongno2bucheon wrote:
Weigookin74 wrote:
Died By Bear wrote:
Weigookin74 wrote:

Some overseas chains are setting up distributor stores in Korea.

http://map.daum.net/?from=total&nil_suggest=btn&q=%EC%A0%84%EC%9E%90%EB%8B%B4%EB%B0%B0%20%ED%8C%90%EB%A7%A4%EC%A0%90&tab=place

Here is a map with some locations. I just got my first one a month ago. Its a EGO-C brand. Its kind of your standard, doesn't break, good battery life brand. I got like a 3mg nicotine bottle, which is really really weak. Most will want to start with something stronger. If you can try to get organic VG juice. I think in Korea most juice is VG/PG mix, which is fine, but pure VG is more healthier IMO because it is made from vegetables.
duhweecher

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After I read this, I've since stopped recommending e-Cigarettes as a safe alternative to smoking.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/03/24/business/selling-a-poison-by-the-barrel-liquid-nicotine-for-e-cigarettes.html?_r=0
neilio

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

duhweecher wrote:
After I read this, I've since stopped recommending e-Cigarettes as a safe alternative to smoking.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/03/24/business/selling-a-poison-by-the-barrel-liquid-nicotine-for-e-cigarettes.html?_r=0

ah, i heard about that article.

apparently put out by the tobacco lobbyists.

egigs are big threats to billion dollar tobacco industry.

i'd take egics over cigs any day. even though the final word isn't in yet
Jongno2bucheon

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

neilio wrote:
duhweecher wrote:

ah, i heard about that article.

apparently put out by the tobacco lobbyists.

egigs are big threats to billion dollar tobacco industry.

i'd take egics over cigs any day. even though the final word isn't in yet

Tobacco lobby in korea is doing the same thing. Huge threat fo sho
Weigookin74

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, I finally made the plunge. Paid 140 ish for my starter kit. Got two e cigs with two batteries in it though. I was told to buy Halo or other American liquids and to avoid the Korean ones. But, the Korean distributors only have medium nicotine level and two or three flavors at most. One seems to be called Torque which feels like smoking a cigar.

I decided to order 3 bottles from Halo directly. I chose light nicotine regular cigarette tobocco type of flavor with a less strong 'throat hit'.

Each bottle was 20 bucks but will last a long time. Total was 60 bucks and then some tobacco tax and education tax was charged here of 54,000 won which I paid at the post office and then had the stamped paid form faxed to the number they gave me for customs. Paid another 12,000 won to the delivery man for some reason even though I paid regular postage from HALO for the shipping. That was 35 bucks?

Total bill was almost 160 bucks? Halo liquid in Korea was 45,000 won a bottle with very limited selection and higher nicotine content. So, maybe I paid an extra 7,000 won a bottle this way?

Anyways, if that clears it up looking for folks to purchase the liquid. My friend orders the Halo because a Korean co teacher at his school orders this himself and he goes through him but has very limited selection via this Korean website just like the stores.

http://www.halocigs.com/

Anyways, there are others out there I've learned. So, if there are other good sites, please post here for all to see.
FriendlyDaegu

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got an order of juice in today, ten of them and some kanthal. I must've been lucky… customs let it right through and I didn't have to pay any taxes. All was clearly labeled as e-liquid with nicotine content from Frontier Vapor. Couldn't be happier now.
Weigookin74

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FriendlyDaegu wrote:
Just got an order of juice in today, ten of them and some kanthal. I must've been lucky… customs let it right through and I didn't have to pay any taxes. All was clearly labeled as e-liquid with nicotine content from Frontier Vapor. Couldn't be happier now.

How's it taste or seem?
FriendlyDaegu

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the one I thought I'd like most I don't like much.. vanilla bourbon. This one had high reviews. Of the ones I tried I like cherry limeade the best. They were only $5 a bottle, or so. I haven't tried enough of them to know what PG/VG ratio is best for me.

People say that when you get liquids you don't like, hang on to them because they'll taste different after steeping or with a different setup. So I've set aside three of them so far.

I'm pretty new to the whole thing, but looks like vaping is taking off here. Shops are popping up everywhere. I'm using a Korean kit, but I have no problems with it. I also have a Kayfun on the way from FastTech.

I like the liquids from the US because they come with child-proof caps and the contents are clearly labeled (PG/VG/nicotine/flavoring). I haven't touched a cigarette since getting my kit, and I was a heavy smoker. The wife is super happy, and my car now stays clean.
Weigookin74

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FriendlyDaegu wrote:
Well, the one I thought I'd like most I don't like much.. vanilla bourbon. This one had high reviews. Of the ones I tried I like cherry limeade the best. They were only $5 a bottle, or so. I haven't tried enough of them to know what PG/VG ratio is best for me.

People say that when you get liquids you don't like, hang on to them because they'll taste different after steeping or with a different setup. So I've set aside three of them so far.

I'm pretty new to the whole thing, but looks like vaping is taking off here. Shops are popping up everywhere. I'm using a Korean kit, but I have no problems with it. I also have a Kayfun on the way from FastTech.

I like the liquids from the US because they come with child-proof caps and the contents are clearly labeled (PG/VG/nicotine/flavoring). I haven't touched a cigarette since getting my kit, and I was a heavy smoker. The wife is super happy, and my car now stays clean.

Congrats on that. I've still been using the regular smokes some. But, am way down. Only use vape in the day; no smell. Got to go that extra step, I guess.

Your brand seems much cheaper? Five dollars a bottle? How many ML if you don't mind me asking? I think my Halo website might be more expensive. I do know the duties, taxes, and shipping upped the price. More than doubled the price actually.

But, I'd like to try some other flavors, preferably in light nicotine. Can you post the websites of other companies that you like? (Right now, I have no flavored ones. But, would like to try those.)
FriendlyDaegu

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

5.49USD for single 16mL flavor liquids from frontiervapor.com, 9.49 for 32mL. You choose the PG/VG ratio and nicotine content. Their own blends are a bit more.
Discount code "reddit" may still get you 10% off. Shipping for my 10 bottles was $42.30, but came pretty fast. Still beats the Korean prices. The benefit to buying locally is you can try them before you buy.

I didn't think flavorings could match the taste of a cigarette and have resigned myself to syrupy or menthol flavors (no flavor is like breathing sauna gas), but I brought my friend to a shop today and we tasted one that was extremely close to a natural taste. I didn't get the name of it but I can ask him for a picture if you like.
Chalmers

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FriendlyDaegu wrote:

Thanks for rec on Frontier Vapor. I just put in my first order with them. I've been using Tasty Vapor out of Oakland which has a similar business model (good customer service, tons of flavors, and cheap shipping). Frontier has slightly cheaper prices which is why I decided to give them a shot. Thanks again! Can't wait to try my liquid from this place.

I always love getting my packages of US-made liquid delivered here. 4 bottles of 32mL liquid (including shipping) is the same price as 2 bottles of 16mL liquid sold here. Most of the liquid and nicotine sold here is made in China as well, FYI.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: