Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Having huge feet in korea!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jinkiesfurry

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:35 am    Post subject: Having huge feet in korea!! Reply with quote

So I'm a female with size uk8 feet in Daejeon! I'm desperately in need of snow boots! Can someone please tell me some websites where I can buy boots that can be posted here for a reasonable price! Or what should i set my eBay account to? Any info would be greatly appreciated!!
duke of new york

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GMarket. I don't what they have in terms of women's boots, but I bought my size 13 men's dress shoes on there. With shipping, they were about $40. Find out what your size is in mm and the Korean word for boots, and search those two terms in the shoes category.
dongjak

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, Gmarket has big sized women's shoes. Also there are a couple of shops in dongdaemun that carry UK size 8 (it is also my size). The first shoe shop in one of the entrances of the US building carry fake uggs for 20,000 won, the size label was smaller than a UK size 8 but they fit my feet.
There are a couple of shops in Itaewon that also have big sized women's shoes, it is called something like AY New York Outlet, it is kind of buy Seoul Pub.
Also Asos has free delivery to Korea you just have to make sure that your purchase is less than 150$ else your package will be stopped at customs and you will have to pay
jinkiesfurry

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much ^^ I'm so grateful for your reply!!
nate1983

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry, but UK size 8 does not qualify as huge. I was expecting some dude to be writing about like a size 16, bit of a letdown...
dongjak

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For a woman in Korea it is about two sizes too big
teachal

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:25 pm    Post subject: LLBean Reply with quote

LL Bean from the US ships to Korea as well. Great quality and great return policy but shipping is around $30. One time I returned a pair of shoes from here because they didn't fit right, of course I had to pay to ship them back, but I got a new pair and they paid the shipping back to Korea.
CaliUSA

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a problem I have, except I'm a male with size 12 feet. I went to Itaewon and was only successful at the Nike store, which carried good tennis shoes in my size. ABC had some deals, but random smaller sizes. I liked several styles at the Sketchers store, but the biggest they went was 10 1/2! No luck at the Reebok store either. And when you ask, well, can I order this in size 12 then?, they'll say no!!

Now I need black "business casual"-type shoes, and I'm expecting that to be a big ordeal as well.

It's frustrating, because I do NOT think of size 12 as being huge. Surely Itaewon, as a foreigner-friendly place, has size-12 guys going through all the time. And on the subway, I'm surrounded by Korean males who are 6 feet tall or above--don't tell me they're all wearing size 9 or 10 shoes.
NYC_Gal 2.0

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

endless.com is linked to your Amazon account. Shipping is 10 bucks, and as long as your purchase is under about $130 (including shipping) you can avoid customs fees. I order my husband's shoes there. We get them within a few days.
young_clinton

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To buy them in Korea the best bet is to walk along Itaewon road and look around the shoe shops.
NYC_Gal 2.0

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Itaewon has a very small variety, and it's all overpriced. I recommend the website that I posted earlier. If you know your size, it's easy, fast, and a heck of a lot cheaper, with a ton of choices.
sportsfan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

duke of new york wrote:
With shipping, they were about $40.

Must have been Gucci or Armani eh?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: