Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Windows Phone 8

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Technology Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
singerdude

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:22 am    Post subject: Windows Phone 8 Reply with quote

A couple of days ago, Nokia announced their new phones running Windows Phone 8. I'm really interested in getting one once they're released, which will probably be in late Oct, or early Nov. The thing is, I don't see any Windows Phone 7 phones anywhere. Does anyone know if they will even sell the new Windows phones here? I'm hoping they will, because I'm getting tired of waiting 6 months for updates with Android, and also because of the lag. I really like the fresh look of the Windows phones. Anyone else planning on getting one?
kpfogey

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

count me in for wanting the 920. rumors are saying that i'll be released nov. 2 on ATT in the US and mid-november in eastern europe.

samsung is also releasing a wp8 phone internationally that looks like a galaxy s2

they used to sell the lumia 710 for kt...but stopped because of lack of interest i suppose.
i had to import my lumia 800 from hong kong...works fine here minus the lack of quality apps specific for korea
the best maps for wp is google maps, but even that is not as good as daum or naver
kakaotalk, although available, is still extremely buggy, slow, and has less features compared to ios and android versions

specs for the phone are listing it as pentaband LTE (800, 900, 1800, 2100, 2600) so hopefully it'll work with korean networks here.

personally, i think windows 8 and phone 8 will take off sooner or later as samsung seems to be wanting to be less dependent on android and their developed os bada isn't going anywhere
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Technology Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: