Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My background check now 6 months old - no chance of a job??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mineybhoy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:32 pm    Post subject: My background check now 6 months old - no chance of a job?? Reply with quote

I am in the U.K. and have applied and got 2 jobs since applying last year but I am just about to get another job only to be told my background check is about 6 months old this week. The first 2 jobs lost the funding to fund my full wage for the year. I feel like giving up as it will take too much time, money, patience and desire to get it all done again. Any way round this? Anyone got through with expired background checks before? Thanks in advance for the help. I would take any job going in Korea at this stage! Pleasee help! Cheers guys.
ttompatz

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your post is confusing.

IF you are in Korea on an E2 then you don't need a new background check to move to a new employer or to job search.
A simple transfer of your visa or change to a D10 saves you the paperwork (provided your employer is willing to release you from the contract - LOR).

IF you are abroad then yup....
6 months from date of issue when it lands on the desk at immigration and you are OK.

6 months + 1 day and you get to do it again.

There is no wiggle room. The rule is set in stone.

mineybhoy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I am in the UK. so I dont know whether to get a new one and go through all the hassle again. Takes about a full month to get one apostiled and sent to Korea again and I will have missed the big March intake of new teachers
Jaffazoid

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's job postings throughout the year, not just at the start of every new semester. If I was in your situation I'd order my CRC today and get that thing apostilled asap. If you don't find a job mid-semester, at least when it comes up to the August intake you could secure a job early on in June/July and you'd have time left on that CRC for your application for next semester. Just get it done mate!
isitts

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mineybhoy wrote:
Yeah I am in the UK. so I dont know whether to get a new one and go through all the hassle again. Takes about a full month to get one apostiled and sent to Korea again and I will have missed the big March intake of new teachers

Just do it again. I had to. It was a hassle at the time, but a distant memory now. Do it.
mineybhoy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaffazoid wrote:
There's job postings throughout the year, not just at the start of every new semester. If I was in your situation I'd order my CRC today and get that thing apostilled asap. If you don't find a job mid-semester, at least when it comes up to the August intake you could secure a job early on in June/July and you'd have time left on that CRC for your application for next semester. Just get it done mate!

Cheers guys. I will do just that.
I-am-me

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, schools hire all throughout the year. Some quit, some leave for whatever reasons. Chances are you will find a position anywhere if you are not too choosy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: