Site Search:
 
TEFL International Supports Dave's ESL Cafe
TEFL Courses, TESOL Course, English Teaching Jobs - TEFL International
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"We don't need you to do that." -Trayvon Martin Ca
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 53, 54, 55 ... 86, 87, 88  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current Events Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
The Cosmic Hum



Joined: 09 May 2003
Location: Sonic Space

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

geldedgoat wrote:
The Cosmic Hum wrote:
geldedgoat wrote:
The Cosmic Hum wrote:


Yes...those...as well as the ones that geldedgoat believes as well.


Don't be a coward; be specific. What fantasies are you referring to?


Those fantasies - specific demonstrative determiner
referring to specific fantasies previously mentioned


Stop being a coward and specifically state these fantasies. I gave you the four components of my post that you chose to respond to. Pick the one you feel is fantastical and defend your position.

Here they are again, numbered for ease of reference:

1. Zimmerman had injuries consistent with his claims of being assaulted and having his head bashed into the ground by Martin.
2. Nothing of that sort was reported in the article of the other event.
3. This is a significant difference between the two events, making them ineligible for comparison.
4. The author of that article had a clear agenda in his attempt to make a comparison.

Or I suppose you could continue to play the coward. Whatever floats your boat.

blah blah...you don't even make it interesting.
Coward....blah blah....coward....blah blah.

I suspect you have some physical inadequacy that causes you to project your cowardice onto others.
Such is your life.
Enjoy it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheUrbanMyth



Joined: 28 Jan 2003
Location: It's not a superiority complex when you really are superior

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Cosmic Hum wrote:
TheUrbanMyth wrote:
Exactly what fantasies are you referring to? Zimmerman's documented and treated injuries (which BTW are consistent with his story)?


Yes...those...as well as the ones that geldedgoat believes as well.



Ah...so the newspapers that reported and photographed Zimmerman's injuries actually lied and photoshopped their pictures in order to make it LOOK like Zimmerman was injured. And the police went along with this media deception and submitted false police reports. And despite the intense and on-going media coverage in the following weeks you were the only one able to discover this.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Zackback



Joined: 05 Nov 2010
Location: Kyungbuk

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://news.yahoo.com/bloody-photo-trayvon-martins-killer-released-200804168.html

Bloody new photo of Trayvon Martin's killer released

ORLANDO, Florida (Reuters) - A color photograph of George Zimmerman with a bloody, swollen nose taken on the night he shot and killed unarmed black teenager Trayvon Martin last February was posted on the Internet on Monday by Zimmerman's legal defense team.

As the photo began to be circulated widely by the news media, lawyers on both sides disagreed about its significance to the second-degree murder case against Zimmerman.

"It's not a game changer," Zimmerman lawyer Mark O'Mara told Reuters. But O'Mara said the photo was significant in that it shows vividly the injuries Zimmerman incurred during his confrontation with Martin at a condominium in the central Florida town on Sanford.

On February 26, Zimmerman, who was a neighborhood watch volunteer, shot and killed 17-year-old Martin who was walking to the home in Sanford where he was staying with his father.

Zimmerman's murder trial is set for June 2013.

Zimmerman claims he shot Martin in self defense during a struggle.

"Does it really show what happened that night to George? Yes," O'Mara said.

Attorney Ben Crump, who represents Martin's family, however said the photo adds nothing new to the case. Previously released evidence has indicated Zimmerman was hit in the nose during the fight with Martin.

"Trayvon Martin was defending himself. He had every right to stand his ground to defend himself," Crump said.

O'Mara told Reuters that prosecutors in May had given him a grainy black-and-white photocopy of the image which was taken in the back seat of a Sanford police cruiser. O'Mara said he received the digital image from prosecutors after repeated demands by his office and he posted it Monday on Zimmerman's defense website.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Swampfox10mm



Joined: 24 Mar 2011

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seeing the submitted photo and the actual photo side-by-side pretty much shows how shady the release of true facts in this case has been:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/12/03/newly-released-photo-shows-bloodied-george-zimmerman-from-night-trayvon-martin/


Quote:
Zimmermanís legal team released the photo, which they believe bolsters their case that Zimmerman, 29, was being beaten when he fatally shot the 17-year-old Martin in the chest. The photo was taken by police and only released to Zimmermanís team recently, said Zimmermanís lawyer. Previously, the team only had a black-and-white photocopy of the picture.
ďThat's really one of my frustrations. They originally submitted a black and white photo so we asked for a color copy. They then submitted a color photo copy that was drab," said Zimmerman's attorney Mark O'Mara to Foxnews.com.
"We kept asking for a digital copy and then we had to file a motion [in court] to have it submitted."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Titus



Joined: 19 May 2012

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like his nose is broken. The wounds to the back of his head + broken nose support GZ's claim that TM was on top of him and punching him.

TM is dead because he brought fists to a gun fight.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Steelrails



Joined: 12 Mar 2009
Location: Earth, Solar System

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Titus wrote:
Looks like his nose is broken. The wounds to the back of his head + broken nose support GZ's claim that TM was on top of him and punching him.

TM is dead because he brought fists to a gun fight.


Uhm, if Martin started it, as you claim, then GZ is alive because he brought a gun to a fistfight.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Titus



Joined: 19 May 2012

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Of course, it could be proven a hate crime, too.


How? That would be very Banana Republican.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
The Cosmic Hum



Joined: 09 May 2003
Location: Sonic Space

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Titus wrote:
TM is dead because he brought fists to a gun fight.

Not sure of the point you are making -The Untouchables' line doesn't seem to fit this particular case.
TM is dead because GZ shot him.


Steelrails wrote:
Uhm, if Martin started it, as you claim, then GZ is alive because he brought a gun to a fistfight.

Not sure of the point your making, but perhaps your logic is a bit skewed...yes?

GZ would most likely be alive whether he had a gun or not.
If no gun...then both of them would most likely still be alive.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
everything-is-everything



Joined: 06 Jun 2011

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That Zimmerman douchebag deserves a broken bone and much worse.


If I was walking to a store to buy some candy and some middle-aged man came up to me aggressively I'd probably sock him in the nose too.


Zimmerman should spend at least 15 years behind bars.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ghostrider



Joined: 27 Jun 2011

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suppose a Korean vigilante ended up with a broken nose because he was following and harassing a foreigner he thought was behaving suspiciously. I don't think there would be many tears shed on Dave's.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheUrbanMyth



Joined: 28 Jan 2003
Location: It's not a superiority complex when you really are superior

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

everything-is-everything wrote:
That Zimmerman douchebag deserves a broken bone and much worse.


If I was walking to a store to buy some candy and some middle-aged man came up to me aggressively I'd probably sock him in the nose too.



.


We don't know that happened at all. According to Zimmerman he never met Martin when he was initially following him and was going back to his truck when he was accosted by Martin.

Where are you getting this?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
everything-is-everything



Joined: 06 Jun 2011

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheUrbanMyth wrote:
everything-is-everything wrote:
That Zimmerman douchebag deserves a broken bone and much worse.


If I was walking to a store to buy some candy and some middle-aged man came up to me aggressively I'd probably sock him in the nose too.



.


We don't know that happened at all. According to Zimmerman he never met Martin when he was initially following him and was going back to his truck when he was accosted by Martin.

Where are you getting this?



Zimmerman obviously came at the guy in some form of an aggressive manner. He called the police and told them that there was an unusual person (i.e. young black male) and even when the police told him to stand back a confrontation ensued.

Zimmerman also has a past history of wanting and failing to become a cop. I mean com on man! Zimmerman was obviously a wanna be cop, prejudice and overly aggressive male who over stepped his bounds resulting in the death of a kid.



Again, how would you feel if you were walking to the store to get some food and some middle aged man was obviously following you and very likely confronted you in some form.

I would of told him to go F%$k himself.



I'm white by the way.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
detonate



Joined: 16 Dec 2011

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

everything-is-everything wrote:


I would of told him to go F%$k himself.

And then hopefully just walked away. If you said that then broke his nose, then you take your chances that he defends himself.

Quote:

I'm white by the way.

Which is only an issue if it is made one. Very Happy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Zackback



Joined: 05 Nov 2010
Location: Kyungbuk

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Figured this was going to happen......


http://news.yahoo.com/george-zimmerman-sues-nbc-reporters-221734555.html

George Zimmerman sues NBC and reporters

ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) ó George Zimmerman sued NBC on Thursday, claiming he was defamed when the network edited his 911 call to police after the shooting of Trayvon Martin to make it sound like he was racist.

The former neighborhood watch volunteer filed the lawsuit seeking an undisclosed amount of money in Seminole County, outside Orlando. Also named in the complaint were three reporters covering the story for NBC or an NBC-owned television station.

The complaint said the airing of the edited call has inflicted emotional distress on Zimmerman, making him fear for his life and causing him to suffer nausea, insomnia and anxiety.

The lawsuit claims NBC edited his phone call to a dispatcher last February. In the call, Zimmerman describes following Martin in the gated community where he lived, just moments before he fatally shot the 17-year-old teen during a confrontation.

"NBC saw the death of Trayvon Martin not as a tragedy but as an opportunity to increase ratings, and so set about to create a myth that George Zimmerman was a racist and predatory villain," the lawsuit claims.

NBC spokeswoman Kathy Kelly-Brown said the network strongly disagreed with the accusations made in the complaint.

"There was no intent to portray Mr. Zimmerman unfairly," she said. "We intend to vigorously defend our position in court."

Three employees of the network or its Miami affiliate lost their jobs because of the changes.

Zimmerman is charged with second-degree murder but haos pleaded not guilty, claiming self-defense under Florida's "stand your ground law."

The call viewers heard was trimmed to suggest that Zimmerman volunteered to police, with no prompting, that Martin was black: "This guy looks like he's up to no good. He looks black."

But the portion of the tape that was deleted had the 911 dispatcher asking Zimmerman if the person who had raised his suspicion was "black, white or Hispanic," to which Zimmerman responded, "He looks black."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
geldedgoat



Joined: 05 Mar 2009

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Cosmic Hum wrote:
Steelrails wrote:
Uhm, if Martin started it, as you claim, then GZ is alive because he brought a gun to a fistfight.

Not sure of the point your making, but perhaps your logic is a bit skewed...yes?

GZ would most likely be alive whether he had a gun or not.
If no gun...then both of them would most likely still be alive.


The physical evidence and Zimmerman's uncontradicted story disagree with you. His head was being bashed into concrete, which, had it continued, would have resulted in either severe brain trauma or death. Zimmerman having a gun not only saved his own life, but also the reputation of Martin. Now, instead of Martin being in jail for killing or crippling a neighborhood watchman, his family gets to parade the memory of him around as an innocent victim.

Until new evidence or eyewitness testimony contradicts the current evidence and Zimmerman's claims, there's no better conclusion to come to. That is, unless you want to stick your fingers in your ears and run back to your middle school insults.

everything-is-everything wrote:
Zimmerman obviously came at the guy in some form of an aggressive manner.


Obvious from what? Certainly not from any evidence or eyewitness testimony.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current Events Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 53, 54, 55 ... 86, 87, 88  Next
Page 54 of 88

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


This page is maintained by the one and only Dave Sperling.
Contact Dave's ESL Cafe
Copyright © 2013 Dave Sperling. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group

TEFL International Supports Dave's ESL Cafe
TEFL Courses, TESOL Course, English Teaching Jobs - TEFL International