Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"We don't need you to do that." -Trayvon Martin Ca
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 86, 87, 88, 89  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current Events Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
northway

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TUM lol http://america.aljazeera.com/articles/2013/11/18/george-zimmermanarrestedafterdomesticdistrubance.html.
Rteacher

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even his smooth-talking PR savvy brother will have trouble 'splaining away GZ's recent pattern of misbehavior. What to speak of these types of posters:

“This arrest [Monday] should be a lesson to those who went willingly to the side that Zimmerman was not an aggressive actor, given that it’s uncommon to have revealed repeatedly that someone is a sort of serially aggressive person with anger management issues after they’ve been acquitted of a murder charge,” says George Ciccariello-Maher, a political science professor at Drexel University in Philadelphia.
http://www.csmonitor.com/layout/set/r14/USA/Justice/2013/1119/George-Zimmerman-latest-arrest-and-a-troubling-post-verdict-saga
sirius black

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

detonate wrote:
He wasn't out looking for trouble, he just wanted to get high and eat some skittles. Who doesn't want to do that? Then some white guy jumped him. Sad story. Sad

Exactly.

He was at his FATHER'S house. A disciplinarian. He is NOT looking for trouble at his FATHER'S house. End of story.

So many people make FB, Twitter, Instagram statements, espcially a lot NON BLACK kids talk a lot of MMA stuff and even hip hop stuff, 80% of whom are bought by non Blacks. Attributing a statement to Martin that in of itself is routine for millions of wanna be bad teens in the 'burbs is reaching.

The bottom line was he was NOT looking for trouble. Trouble came him in whatever manner we accept either in profiling or being followed.
The FACT is Zimmerman made the first effort to seek him out. Martin did NOT arbitrarily engage Zimmeran. That's a FACT. We can debate his intent and that's fear but the FACT is he was NOT out looking for trouble. Zimmerman in some manner or form that and we can debate the extent but the FACT is Zimmerman did something for Martin to notice him and it was NOT a friendly, how are you neighborly way.

Had Zimmeran ignored Martin NOTHING would have happened. A real thug would have arbitrarily went after Zimmerman.

If you believe Zimmerman was innocent based on the facts, fine. I can see the point but to make it seem like Martin was some thug who deserved to die because you pieced together some things out of his past is blatantly intellectually misleading and false.

You believe Zimmerman is innocent base it on the facts of that day but don't buffer your view with stretches in logic and reason. It actually hurts someone's defense of Ziimmerman when I read that. It tells me that it doesn't matter what the facts are, they wanted Zimmerman innocent and Martin guilty and if new evidence came out to support Martin they'd ignore it.

Some of you guys actually seem happy he died. Its tragic. He did NOT deserve to die, even if you believe Zimmerman was innocent. It was avoidable and tragic.

I'll call it what it is. Your'e defending the white guy no matter what and probably as a result of seeing the Sharptons and Jacksons over the years do the same (and they did) and instead of bieng above that, you do the same.

Sad.
Captain Corea

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why is it so hard to believe that each of these men brought baggage with them that day?
Steelrails

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Captain Corea wrote:
Why is it so hard to believe that each of these men brought baggage with them that day?

As I said before and I think you agreed (before the whole thug thing)- A good chance this was a case of Ghetto Fabulous running into "Respect my Authoritay". Results predictable, tragic. A couple of wannabes who bumped into each other and tried to prove their manhood.

It reminds me a bit of the movie Roshomon, where the two combatants describe their duel as a skilled and epic clash, when a 3rd party sees it as inept flailing, which is probably what it was by both parties. George Z fearing for his life as Trayvon rains weak-wristed rabbit punches on his head.
TheUrbanMyth

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sirius black wrote:
[

The bottom line was he was NOT looking for trouble. Trouble came him in whatever manner we accept either in profiling or being followed.
The FACT is Zimmerman made the first effort to seek him out. Martin did NOT arbitrarily engage Zimmeran. That's a FACT.

No it's not. Zimmerman stopped following him after the dispatcher asked him to and went back to his truck. That's where the encounter ended or should have. Martin went back of his own free will and attacked Zimmerman by the truck. Once again all the evidence backs up Zimmerman's story. As the neighborhood watch captain he had a right to approach Martin and ask him what he was doing there. Had Martin stood his ground and told Zimmerman "I'm going to my dad's house, it's right over there." it's likely that's where it would have ended. Instead he increased Zimmerman's suspicions that he was up to no good by evading Zimmerman. Remember Zimmerman lived in a high crime neighborhood and had apprehended at least one thief before.

Quote:
A real thug would have arbitrarily went after Zimmerman.

And he did. Zimmerman was back by his truck. As far as he was concerned the encounter was over. Martin went back after him. Had he kept on going nothing would have happened.
]
Steelrails

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
As the neighborhood watch captain he had a right to approach Martin and ask him what he was doing there.

Was Zimmerman in any kind of uniform, carrying something like a flashlight or wearing a vest? Did he identify himself as such?

Quote:
Instead he increased Zimmerman's suspicions that he was up to no good by evading Zimmerman.

Unidentified person starts following you, and you try to ditch them. That's "raising suspicions"?

Isn't it possible that both parties were behaving in a reasonable manner at that point? Zimmerman may have had cause to be suspicious of Martin, and Martin may have had cause to be suspicious of Zimmerman.

Quote:
Remember Zimmerman lived in a high crime neighborhood and had apprehended at least one thief before.

Remember, Trayvon lived in a high crime neighborhood, and so would have reason to be cautious of random dude following him.

Anyways, the more I think about it, the more I like my Roshomon explanation. If you looked at things from both parties it would come across completely sympathetic to one or the other. If you looked at it from a neutral angle, you'd probably see two doufuses trying to be manly, getting in some sort of flailing "fight", and one dude panicking and shooting the other.
Kuros

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Captain Corea wrote:

Its totally irrelevant to the damned case. You should be able to see why.

Rapidly losing respect for you all of you guys right now.
northway

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kuros wrote:
Captain Corea wrote:

Its totally irrelevant to the damned case. You should be able to see why.

Rapidly losing respect for you all of you guys right now.

I think we're well past the point of talking about the outcome of the case. I don't think that the verdict was necessarily wrong, but I do think it's wrong that individuals simply refuse to believe that George Zimmerman might be a hotheaded asshole despite all the evidence to the contrary.
Rteacher

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beyond legalistic arguments based on the alleged fact scenario of this case, consider the national political context - right-wing extremists have widely embraced Zimmerman's "cause".

At this stage, it's practically axiomatic that right-wingers are much bigger liars than moderates or liberal progressives.

It's becoming apparent that Zimmerman is a chronic liar; and so, he naturally sought media cover/politicized support from another big liar, Sean Hannity...

http://www.salon.com/2013/07/23/hannitys_zimmerman_obsession_whats_really_behind_it/
http://mediamatters.org/research/2013/02/28/10-examples-of-sean-hannity-saying-things-that/192828

Admittedly, my gut instinct is to go against most anything supported by right-wingers ...
TheUrbanMyth

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rteacher wrote:
Beyond legalistic arguments based on the alleged fact scenario of this case, consider the national political context - right-wing extremists have widely embraced Zimmerman's "cause".

At this stage, it's practically axiomatic that right-wingers are much bigger liars than moderates or liberal progressives.

It's becoming apparent that Zimmerman is a chronic liar; and so, he naturally sought media cover/politicized support from another big liar, Sean Hannity...

http://www.salon.com/2013/07/23/hannitys_zimmerman_obsession_whats_really_behind_it/
http://mediamatters.org/research/2013/02/28/10-examples-of-sean-hannity-saying-things-that/192828

Admittedly, my gut instinct is to go against most anything supported by right-wingers ...

That article is pretty weak. And the speculation here is pretty weak as well.

Quote:
So, what’s the real reason behind Hannity’s impassioned defense of Zimmerman? I’d suggest he would have never covered the story as hard if not for one man, for one cause: taking down Barack Obama. Hannity’s short-term mission is to rile up the base against Obama for the 2014 midterms, and with the last few months’ scandal-palooza dying down, using a tragedy as his new tool in the arsenal to paint Obama as the most divisive president in history is just what the showman ordered.

Obama has won his second term and will be history in a few short years. There will be no "taking down of Barack Obama" however.

As for being a "divisive" president...I'd say that's pretty divisive to interject yourself into a murder case that has nothing to do with you and emotionally state that if you had a son he would look like the victim. Obama should have kept out of it.
W.T.Carl

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will wonders never cease? The charges have been withdrawn! It seems that there was no shotgun involved. Maybe that's why the police didn't seize one when he was arrested. One would think that if a gun had been involved it would have been taken out by the police. Young Martin was a thuglet, and a dumb one at that; he brought his fists to a gunfight and paid the price. End of story.

PS: Zimmerman is a self identified Hispanic. Many out there WISH he were white, and in their wildest wet dreams, he is white but that doesn't make him so.
Steelrails

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

W.T.Carl wrote:
Young Martin was a thuglet, and a dumb one at that; he brought his fists to a gunfight and paid the price. End of story.

Correct me if I'm wrong Oh Accurate One, but I do believe that what actually happened was that Zimmerman brought a gun to a fistfight.

I seriously doubt Trayvon would have proceeded if he indeed thought he was bringing his fists to a gunfight.

The fact that you can't even distinguish between those two circumstances (which ultimately have nothing to do with the legal facts of the case, one way or the other) means you should go back and more soberly examine the case.
W.T.Carl

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Zimmerman was interested in a fight he would have had his pistol drawn and in his hand instead of being holstered. Who wanted the confrontation, Zimmerman or Martin?
TheUrbanMyth

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

W.T.Carl wrote:
Will wonders never cease? The charges have been withdrawn! It seems that there was no shotgun involved. Maybe that's why the police didn't seize one when he was arrested. One would think that if a gun had been involved it would have been taken out by the police. Young Martin was a thuglet, and a dumb one at that; he brought his fists to a gunfight and paid the price. End of story.

PS: Zimmerman is a self identified Hispanic. Many out there WISH he were white, and in their wildest wet dreams, he is white but that doesn't make him so.

hmm...hotheaded jerk or just attracted to the wrong type of woman?

Seems like there's a pattern...women making up all kinds of allegations, people jumping on the bandwagon and accusing Zimmerman of all kinds of monstrosities...and then Zimmerman is exonerated .

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current Events Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 86, 87, 88, 89  Next
Page 87 of 89

Jump to: