Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korean Intl Cultural Society (KICS) and GACP --- cult?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> FAQ
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CaptPorridge

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2003 5:38 pm    Post subject: Korean Intl Cultural Society (KICS) and GACP --- cult? Reply with quote

By Golly this is my first post here and it will be far far far from my last

My full name is Captain Porridge and you may remember me from such movies and comics as "Disney's The Black Hole" and Marval comics "Beyond the Black Hole"

Guys and Girls check out these sites, and tell me your thoughts forthwith:

www.gacp.org / www.gacpusa.org
www.kics.net/

Thoughts opinions????
Oh even better, is anyone here a part of the above "organisations"? Oh joy!!!

Last edited by CaptPorridge on Tue Nov 25, 2003 6:19 am; edited 6 times in total
visviva

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2003 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting, although my notion of "cultural exchange" has little to do with sports. Nothing wrong with sports, though...

What actual activities is KICS engaging in, aside from the annual conference (now past)? The website is rather short on specifics.

Also there is an apparent clash between the inspiring "about" statement:
Quote:
"KICS helps foreign residents and Koreans understand one another's culture through such events as sports competitions, cultural festivals and club activities, language exchange, and tours"

... and the membership form which states that
Quote:
"The events hosted by KICS are basically for foreign residents in Korea."

Also, the website is almost exclusively in English.

If we want to experience Korean culture in Korea, surely we can do better than hanging out with a bunch of other foreigners. Wink

However, the basic idea of KICS seems great. Does it live up to this in practice?
sid

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2003 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those organisations are connected to some kind of religious cult... There's a big thread about it somewhere on www.koreabridge.com
CaptPorridge

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2003 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh Sid, you spoilt my surprise Crying or Very sad ...but I'm glad this information is slowly getting out. Cool

People from the above organisation, stalked and spied on my flatmate and made her feel nervous about leaving her apartment.
She almost had a nervous breakdown after being subjected to 6 months of coersive mind control.

The founder of both the above organisations is Jung Myoung Seok, a 58 year old guy currently on the run from Interpol, The Korean and Hong Kong Police. GACP and KICS are sophisticated front groups to draw in members and money. Money that goes straight to Jung. He's a rich man.

The cult, known in Korea as JMS (ask Koreans about it) is now known as Providence Church. For those who know abit about cults, JMS is an offshoot of the Moonies. www.unification.net
check out this link...its a beauty:
http://www.unification.net/leesanghun/leesanghun20030828.html

Here's a link to the Korean Police's English message board where they confirmed Jungs wanted status.

http://www.npa.go.kr/eng/visitor/visitorList.jsp
Message 148 and 160 are by me. 160 is new and still awaiting a responce.
And here are some articles I found on the group after I was invited hiking one weekend and found myself in a very strange place:

http://www.rickross.com/reference/jpsects/jpsects80.html
http://www.rickross.com/reference/general/general597.html
http://www.freedomofmind.com/resourcecenter/groups/i/ica/

here is the source article from the TaipaiTimes story:
http://www.taipeitimes.com/News/archives/2002/06/13/0000140221

When this guy gets caught, I wouldn't be surprised if he turns out to be one of the world's worst peadaphiles.
I attended a cult event attended by 20,000 people.
I saw 12 year girls profess their love for the guy they have no idea is a wanted rapist. These children are the product of arranged marriages of church members. (dating and choosing the marrying the person you marry -is forbidden Providence Church) Marriages that are nothing more than the ultimate form of contol, ensuring Jung a future generation of slaves.

These are fighten words!!!
I live very close to the cults "rock garden" temple, I've seen a lot, meet a lot of his followers, read books by leading psychologists on the subject and read lots of Jungs speeches as well as his 30 lesson "Bible" study course. Which if nothing else is a good lesson in how to manipulate the mind of others. I know that which I speaketh. For some 50,000 people in Korea the year is not 2003, its 1984.

Questions anybody??
If you or a friend is involved in anyway with KICS, GACP or Providence Church, feel free to email me at [email protected]

If you're teaching at a University, these guys are on your campuses looking for recruits. "Evangelising" is teh term they use.
And followers of this guy might also be your co-workers.
Here's how groups like Providence typically operate on University campuses. They are doing this in Korea today and have a large presence at UCLA

http://www.guardian.co.uk/parents/story/0,3605,1052992,00.html

and some more specific info on how cults in general operate:

http://www.freedomofmind.com/resourcecente...ticles/BITE.htm
http://www.factnet.org/rancho5.htm?FACTNet
http://www.rickross.com/warningsigns.html

Last edited by CaptPorridge on Wed Nov 12, 2003 1:58 am; edited 2 times in total
CaptPorridge

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2003 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the definition of what a cult is in the above links, is a lot different from how a lot of religions are run.
Most religions don't dictate who you marry and then rape your kids.
As far as cults go, JMS appears to be one of the worst.

Last edited by CaptPorridge on Tue Nov 11, 2003 8:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
katydid

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2003 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found your posts on Pusanweb to be interesting. OK, I read pages one through three then skipped to pages 13 and 14. Embarassed
The level of fanaticism with any sort of religion here...OK, I guess just Christianity is amazing.
It makes me chuckle whenever I hear someone answer the question "Do you drink?" with "No, I'm Christian," as though the two HAD to be mutually exclusive of one another.
CaptPorridge

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2003 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

katydid wrote:
I found your posts on Pusanweb to be interesting. OK, I read pages one through three then skipped to pages 13 and 14. Embarassed
The level of fanaticism with any sort of religion here...OK, I guess just Christianity is amazing.

Hey no problemo about skipping pages, I've written a whole novel over there!! Glad you found it interesting!
If there's one thing all this has taught me, its that cult have nothing to do with religion. They use whatever they can to take control of peoples money and lives. Religion is just used as a tool, just as peoples interest in sports, culture and "peace" is used as a tool to get money in by KICs and GACP. Have a look at KICS site, 30,000 won to join, and check out the prices for events.

When you sign up at KICS the user agreement asks that you don't smoke or drink at KICS events. A weekend long event and they tell smokers not to smoke?
It's the start of them slowly getting you to alter your behaviour to fit in with the group. Group thought and confirmity prevails and without realizing it you've taken your first step towards joining a cult. Twisted Evil
Another thing I've learnt from attending 2 GACP events, there are ulterior motives for everything: The first cult event I attended (after being invited "hiking") was an all night concert. 11pm - 6am on a Saturday night. The reason givem..its for all the doctors and nurses who had to work before 11pm...Real reason, sleep deprivation and "keeping members tired" is an important element in limiting their ability to think critically.

Last edited by CaptPorridge on Wed Nov 12, 2003 5:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Harpeau

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2003 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

katydid wrote:
It makes me chuckle whenever I hear someone answer the question "Do you drink?" with "No, I'm Christian," as though the two HAD to be mutually exclusive of one another.

It blows their mind when I tell them that I'm a beer drinking, cigar smoking (*quit smoking cigars for health reasons 3/10/04*) Baptist (quit going 2 church in Korea for reasons of health and sanity 3/20/04), who likes to play Irish traditional music in a gay & lesbian bar on alternate Sunday afts.

Harpeau

P.S. Hojucandy. we'll see you Sunday @4 at the soho, right? Bring your mandolin. Very Happy Drag the Zed out also, ok?

Edited 2 times by Harpeau for clarification, 6:49pm, Tuesday, May 18 2004.

Last edited by Harpeau on Tue May 18, 2004 1:12 am; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
bobbyhanlon

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2003 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

me and my friends met a bunch of GACP girls in seoul about a year ago, and they were quite persistent about getting us to go to a 'special resort' somewhere in the countryside, where we would presumably be married/brainwashed/robbed of our worldly possessions etc. they were nice people as individuals but there was something pretty sinister about the way the group operated, posting pretty girls around university campuses to try and get people to join.
in any case we just regarded the whole thing as something to laugh about, rather than to take seriously. as we regaled them with tales of our corrupted western lifestyles, we actually succeeded in getting one of them to drink a glass of hite in a hof. so maybe instead of avoiding them, we should spend more time with them, and try to get them to rejoin normal society!
CaptPorridge

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2003 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hear you buddy, I've been taking the piss out of these guys on a daily basis for 100 days now!
Check the above koreabridge link! -page 2, my offer to hold cult tours to that mountain retreat, which is a cab ride from my house)
Congrads on getting them into a Hoff, not an easy task!
Yeah so much to make fun of with these guys,...like these "parables" from a speech given by the Messiah gave last Sunday...
(I have my sources Wink )

3. Women are like kitchen knives. You need them everyday. However, if you aren't careful with them, they will cause great injury.

17. King Saejong succeeded because he saw gold as rocks. Only those who view women as gold will succeed. And men who treat women as fearsome predators also succeed.

wtf???

Anyhoo there is a definately a sinister side, nazi party sinister,
Incidently the Messiah guy has praised Hitler on a couple of occassions....he was doing Gods work by avenging Jesus's death.

Those smiley girls have "recruitment quotas" and if they don't fill them they are in trouble...
A recent speech by God...

"If a person doesn't evangelize and bring people to God, God will not value them either....
You were harvested once too. Therefore, hurry, become the harvesters of this generation, and harvest the grains of lives. We must do that. Ripe grains must be quickly harvested. In the same way, we must harvest the righteous people before the wicked and evildoers get their hands on them....
Everyone that love lives, obeys the Lord's words and loves accordingly must harvest at least one person before this year ends.

Our responsibility is to save. Moses saved his nation Israel from Egypt. If we can't save one or two people every year even though we are born into the better salvation, then we are failing to set the right conditions before God and will cause our own salvation to become uncertain.

I pray the saving works of the Lord Jesus Christ, the power of God, and the inspiration of the Holy Spirit fill everyone who harvests lives. Amen"

Jung Myoung Seok, October 5, 2003

However insane the treat of "losing salvation" sounds to non-cult members, for those under his influence the threat and fear of losing salvation is a real one. They have been brainwashed into believing its God talking, not a man....I still can't fathom it myself..I can read the theory of mind-control, thought reform etc and it all makes sence....
just read 1984 again. But seeing it in practice and see it happening is a whole other thing. I'm in the twilight zone boys and girls.

Yah they are nice people...that's what makes what is being done to them all the more dispicable.

Time to email some cult girls...I know a lot
CaptPorridge

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2003 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bobbyhanlon wrote:
so maybe instead of avoiding them, we should spend more time with them, and try to get them to rejoin normal society!

Thats one of the things I hope to do, I've already pursuaded one girl to leave the cult, and I'm working on more. One dream of mine is to eventually contact councellors and get some kind of support network going to help these people,

I've also been quite shocked at the ignorance in my town about the true nature of this cult, yeah they are viewed as a bunch of nuts in a sex cult, true to apoint, but no one seems to have an understanding of the deception and manipulation that goes on in cults. These aren't groups which people make informed free choices to join, deception is the name of the game, anyhoo I'm hungry, chicken time,
CaptPorridge

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2003 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And if anyone is interested in helping me help these ladies....
here's what they look like....

http://gacpla.org/events/international/5th_intl_event/hawaii-06.jpg
buddy bradley

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll help you help the ladies.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Dan

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude you were ok with the first post, but the more you post the freakier you sound.
CaptPorridge

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dan wrote:
Dude you were ok with the first post, but the more you post the freakier you sound.

Yeah??? Well thanks for letting me know. I really don't want to sound freaky.
I posted that picture of the cult girls because I wanted to show that they are all normal people (is that what you thought was freaky?)
There is nothing weird about people who become manipulated by cults. Yeah I also wanted to show how sexy they are....did you read the link to the Japan Times article???

There is a reason sexy girls are recruited above ugly ones. It isn't for nothing that Interpol is hunting this Messiah. (check the Police link I posted for confirmation)

If I sound freaky, its because the last few months have been the weirdest of my life. I literaly woke up one morning to find that my town was home to korea's most dangerous cults. My flatmate and fellow teacher, many ex-students, an ex-coworker and many people I cared about were under the influence of a very sophisticated, well planned and successful effort to "reform their thinking" and control their lives.
All for the purpose of making the Messiah rich and bringing him chicks.
I posted links to how they do this as well. (www.freedomofmind.com)

I also soon discovered that this cult wasn't limited to my town, It had branches in the USA, Canada, Japan, Europe, Australia, Hong Kong, and possibly more.

There wasn't a whole lot of information on the leading cult-awareness sites about this group. So I kind of took it on myself to find out all I could about these guys and how they operate.

With that information I've been able to help my flatmate to recover somewhat, helped another friend to leave and helped other victims I met on-line to better understand what happened to them and urged them to seek some expert advice. I've also passed this information onto every cult councellor I could find on the net, and loads of reporters and Embassies. some are interested, some aren't.

When people leave a cult they usually are intimidated to speak out, a fear that is warranted. So I saw a need for someone to bring attention to these guys.

For the scariest side of this cult check out my question "Jung and Children" on this message board. I'm the foreigner in korea guy.

http://antijms.or.kr/~justally/frame.htm
Go to the Bulletin Board -- after what I've seen myself, I'm inclined to believe the allegations, and it could just be the tip of the iceburg.

also check out the Inside the ICA (ICA is the former name of the cult --- It stands for the International Christian Association)
link...for some testimonies of victims.
Spend some time reading the stories, and I hope you'll understand why I'm spending a lot of time and energy to study this cult.

Groups like this also have ramifications for the democratic process. The 50,000 odd people in this cult, doctors, Police officers, army leaders will vote for whoever the Messiah tells them too.

questions most welcomed!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> FAQ All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: