Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

JLS afterschool

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fezmond

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:43 pm    Post subject: JLS afterschool Reply with quote

does anyone work for the JLS afterschool program.

what's the low down on it? co-teacher in the class, make your own materials?
jpe

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wanted to bump this thread, because most of the JLS-related posts are old.

Just got offered an after-school position, 11-6 (two of which are office hours which I may or may not have to work) for 3mill (incl. housing allowance).

Seems like a great deal, though he mentioned while the 5 day vacation in summer is paid, the winter vacation (which could be 2-3 weeks) isn't. Still, for that money it seems worth it.

Anyone currently working one of these gigs?
Murakano

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jpe wrote:
Wanted to bump this thread, because most of the JLS-related posts are old.

Just got offered an after-school position, 11-6 (two of which are office hours which I may or may not have to work) for 3mill (incl. housing allowance).

Seems like a great deal, though he mentioned while the 5 day vacation in summer is paid, the winter vacation (which could be 2-3 weeks) isn't. Still, for that money it seems worth it.

Anyone currently working one of these gigs?

Not JLS but I have worked for several ASP`s......all the winter vacation gigs have been paid (well 5 days winter, 5 days summer) so far.
bluethree

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

they didn't even give me my winter vacation. on the other hand, when my branch shut down they were good enough to let me work at their r&d office for a month or two so i could properly finish my contract. i met other teachers who worked there who had similar situations.

if you don't mind potentially not getting your winter vacation then everything else is fine.
fezmond

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ended up taking a job with the regular program rather than the after-school one.

Still unsure exactly how the after-school works, whether they use JLS Speaking Tree books or not.

bluethree wrote:
they didn't even give me my winter vacation. on the other hand, when my branch shut down they were good enough to let me work at their r&d office for a month or two so i could properly finish my contract. i met other teachers who worked there who had similar situations.

if you don't mind potentially not getting your winter vacation then everything else is fine.

bluethree, how was the r&d office? I'd like to do that type of thing full time so was thinking of asking after my contract finishes.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: