Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Getting Tax Refund

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gaspar

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 6:52 pm    Post subject: Getting Tax Refund Reply with quote

I'm leaving Korea at the end of my contract (Aug 2012). I don't plan on returning so I want to make sure I don't leave anything here that would be difficult to deal with back in the states. I work at a public school and last February received 300,000 won as a tax return. Since then I have been using a tax save card fairly regularly. This along with a bank statement can help you get more money back, right? But I won't be nere February 2013...so does that mean I won't be receiving a tax return for the months I worked from March-August? That would seem like leaving a lot of money that would be owed to me. Thoughts?
Wildbore

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Give them your mailing address to mail your tax refund. At least you get yours, whereas most academies just pocket it.
gaspar

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wildbore wrote:
Give them your mailing address to mail your tax refund. At least you get yours, whereas most academies just pocket it.

I highly doubt my school or any school would pay the fee to exchage won to dollars and send it to an account in the US.
valkerie

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I worked at a hogwon that also were straight up about the tax refund. My contract also ended mid tax year and the tax office told me they (the hogwon) were obliged to pay any rebate due along with my final salary, which they did.

No idea how the tax save card fits in with this method.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: