Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

transiting through Shanghai airport

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Travel Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
johnnyrook

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 6:09 pm    Post subject: transiting through Shanghai airport Reply with quote

I've been staying in Korea the last few months studying Korean just with a tourist stamp, and I booked a two week trip to China that I'm set to depart for in a few weeks, only I've just discovered there's no possibility I can get a Chinese tourist visa in Korea without an ARC (actually I could have got one, having been to China twice in the last two years, unfortunately I renewed my passport when I was back home in Aus for a few months so I don't have the evidence anymore).

If it comes to it I'm willing to change my travel plans as a last resort, but I've came up with a possible solution, but I'm not quite sure if I can get away with it. I arrive in Pudong Airport on a Tuesday afternoon, and there's one budget airline that flies from Shanghai Pudong to Hong Kong that night for about $80, then I plan to apply for an express Chinese visa in Hong Kong the next day, which should get me the visa by the Friday and allow me ample time to travel back up to Shanghai for my return flight.

I'm just worried about the transit part. I know you're allowed to stay in Shanghai for 48 hours if you're transitting, but because I'll be booking this second flight separately I'm worried that I might be denied, either when I front to check in at Incheon without a Chinese visa in my passport, or, worse, once I arrive in Shanghai. Can any knowledgeable people tell me if I can do this?
TravelinSig

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It shouldn't be a problem. Just show your flight confirmation of your second flight when you check in at Incheon. 90% certain on this, but call the airlines to confirm it.
ttompatz

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As long as you have the exit ticket (leaving Shanghai) you will be fine.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Travel Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: