Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Face the facts people: Obama was born in Kenya
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current Events Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steelrails

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zackback wrote:
We'll see him concerning this issue in court!

That will rap up, when? About October of 2015. At which point he might go to jail for fraud, but will probably be pardoned because that's what President's do for each other.

So again? What difference is anything going to make? Nixon is still in the history books.

Last edited by Steelrails on Mon May 28, 2012 9:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
northway

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not often that a zackback thread makes it five pages. Keep feeding, guys.
Zackback

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We can learn from our mistake here so it will never happen again. That's the difference.
Steelrails

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zackback wrote:
We can learn from our mistake here so it will never happen again. That's the difference.

What and not elect some other mediocre suit to the job?

Would my life be fundamentally different if Gore or McCain or Hillary or Kerry or Romney, even W. Bush were in office?

I mean, suppose birthergate is true and instead of Obama we get Hillary...who would promptly fill the White House with Clinton-era retreads, continue the Bush Administration Bail-outs, some sort of Left-leaning Health Care package, and continue the Bush-era secret military actions and Patriot Act type stuff.

Yeah, big difference. Wake me when you have an issue that will actually change things.
Leon

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

northway wrote:
It's not often that a zackback thread makes it five pages. Keep feeding, guys.

Zackback wrote:
Zackback

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leon,

That's the "difference" of what?
------------
Steelrails,
That's don't make no sense. Why have any rules then at all? Age limit, place of birth etc etc.
fosterman

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

obama is American, and probably one of the best presidents we have ever had. unfortunately his hands are tied because the republicans go against everything he brings to the house. the Republicans veto everything because he is black and they just want him to fail so they can get the office back.

but the American people are smarter than that.
Obama will win again. and thank god for that!
jesus, imagine 4 years with MITT Romney as president. god help us!
Steelrails

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Steelrails,
That's don't make no sense. Why have any rules then at all? Age limit, place of birth etc etc.

You have rules so you have tools with which one faction can limit the power and take steps against another faction and do it in manners other than violence.

I mean its not that its wrong to have the rule, its not that it might not even be true, and its not like its something sorta worthwhile going after. It's just, don't expect too much and don't make it a central issue. Its a chip, not a hand. You don't bet big with it.

Quote:
obama is American, and probably one of the best presidents we have ever had.

Oh please. The guy is blandly competent and isn't wholly inept. That's about it.

Mitt Romney would be like Obama. One pushes through a Health bill that will get watered down. The other will push forward some tax cuts that will get sort of passed and a bunch of budget cuts that will get watered down.

Lincoln vs. Douglass this is not.
Kuros

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steelrails wrote:

Quote:
obama is American, and probably one of the best presidents we have ever had.

Oh please. The guy is blandly competent and isn't wholly inept. That's about it.

. . .

Lincoln vs. Douglass this is not.

I'm really enjoying Steelrails' ambivalent defense of Obama in this thread.
northway

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently the Obama campaign is taking it with a sense of humor: https://store.barackobama.com/made-in-the-usa-mug.html.

Can we all pitch in and buy Zackback a commemorative mug? Very Happy
visitorq

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This issue is more of a distraction than anything, but one thing I can vouch for is that when that "copy" of his birth certificate was released on the White House webpage, it was extremely suspect.

I downloaded it myself and opened it up in adobe software (I'm not an expert, but fairly proficient at it and know all the basics). That it was a flawed document with different layers (including a background that could be removed with the click of a button on the layers panel) with text kerning (impossible on a typewriter) and some letters/digits that were identical down to the pixel (impossible in a scanned document - it indicates that they were copy/pasted into place) I can definitely verify.

I've yet to hear a satisfactory explanation as to why that was the case. To me it just seemed like a blatant forgery, although I remained skeptical that the government could be that reckless and stupid... If anyone has any plausible explanation, I would love to hear it.
visitorq

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This guy clearly breaks it down in his videos on youtube. I'm not sure if the link is still up on the White House website, but I downloaded it and looked at it myself, and can vouch that everything he says is true.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7s9StxsFllY&feature=BFa&list=UUUzagEN3uYmk5l_1QVvWA6w

Barring some amazing explanation, it is quite obvious that his long form certificate was a blatant, ridiculous forgery. In fact, it's so obvious it's like a sick joke or something.
sirius black

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No one has been able to tell me why no one of note other than Donald Trump and the Sec State of Arizona (if you can call them people of note) are not involved in this.
I have to assume that the RNC has looked at it closely and decided there is nothing there.
Also, doesn't Arizona have no choice but to accept Hawaii's assertion he was born there? (which brings up another question of why Hawaii would say he was born there when he wasn't?)
I'm no lawyer or expert on interstate issues but if a state issues what they deem things such as a driver's license, birth certificate or death certificate this has to be accepted by every other state. Marriage isn't one of them obviously by what's going on currently but as far as I know if you are legally able to drive in your home state, other states have to honor that. If you're legally born in one state, another state can't deny that either can they? Hawaii legally doesn't have to prove anything to Arizona. Arizona can file a lawsuit in federal court I believe (not sure) but can't arbitrarily say Obama isn't Hawaiian if Hawaii says he is. Their proof (which Obama has) must be accepted does it not?

Too funny, in '08, the one guy who we know wasn't born in America is accepted as American and the other guy who was born in America was rejected as American...lol. Hilarious.

As I said, I'd love for this stuff to end up in court and Obama's birth cert deemed invalid just for the circus. Too funny.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current Events Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: