Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

East Seoul Bus Terminal for Sokcho in Kangwondo?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Travel Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Drew345

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:53 pm    Post subject: East Seoul Bus Terminal for Sokcho in Kangwondo? Reply with quote

I am going to Sokcho in Kangwondo (강원도 속초) next week, and I think I need to go from the East Seoul Bus Terminal (동서울종합 버스터미널) instead of the main Gangnam Bus Terminal. Is that right?
I am happy to not have to go to the Gangnam Terminal, since I always get lost in that place. But I have never been to the East Seoul Bus Terminal, so I thought I would just check first.
Is the East Seoul Bus Terminal the place to go for Sokcho in Kangwondo?
Thanks,
schwa

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can catch a bus from either.

My preference is Dongseoul. Best bet is to catch a direct intercity bus (first ticket booths on the right just inside the main entrance). Cheaper, faster, same style of buses as the so-called express buses.
Drew345

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does the intercity bus go to the same "Sokcho Express Bus Terminal" in Sokcho (속초고속버스터미널) as the express buses? That is the terminal about half way between a big E-mart and the beach. I plan to walk from the terminal to the beach and find a minbak is why I ask.
Thanks
Lazio

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are buses going from Express Bus Terminal as well. Dongseoul is good as well. I think you have better chances there to buy a ticket without booking than at the express terminal.
schwa

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drew345 wrote:
Does the intercity bus go to the same "Sokcho Express Bus Terminal" in Sokcho (속초고속버스터미널) as the express buses? That is the terminal about half way between a big E-mart and the beach. I plan to walk from the terminal to the beach and find a minbak is why I ask.
Thanks

No, it'll arrive at the downtown terminal, but Sokcho is pretty compact. Take a taxi (maybe 3500 won) to 속초해수욕장 or walk a block to the main street & catch just about any city bus (check with the driver) heading to your right (w1100).

The old express bus terminal, btw, was torn down recently & a new one is being built on that site, completion in a month maybe. Meanwhile theres a temporary terminal kitty-corner from Emart.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Travel Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: