Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Getting my docs back

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Benjamino

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:39 am    Post subject: Getting my docs back Reply with quote

So as per the court case thread....

If I end up out off work do I get all my documents back?

The criminal background check and apostilled degree copy cost me some cash and I would like them back.

Even if I quit Korea will I still get them or do they only allow you to reuse them for another Korean based job?
ttompatz

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:06 am    Post subject: Re: Getting my docs back Reply with quote

Benjamino wrote:
So as per the court case thread....

(1) If I end up out off work do I get all my documents back?

(2) The criminal background check and apostilled degree copy cost me some cash and I would like them back.

(3) Even if I quit Korea will I still get them or do they only allow you to reuse them for another Korean based job?

1 - No.

2- They are GONE.

3- The employer does not have them - immigration does and immigration will NOT return them nor are they required to.

4) you do not need them for another job in Korea provided you have a release from your previous job or have completed your contract or have a valid complaint filed at the labor office when you quit.

_RainBoWs_

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got my criminal background check and my copies of my degrees back from immigration.

I was not with a korean. I just told them i needed them back.....the guy at suwon immigration was unsure if i could have them back. But he handed them over.
Wiltern

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Getting my docs back Reply with quote

ttompatz wrote:
3- The employer does not have them - immigration does and immigration will NOT return them nor are they required to.

My employer gave copies to immigration (or was it the board of education) and returned the originals to me when I quit.
lynnli

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:11 am    Post subject: Re: Getting my docs back Reply with quote

Yes you can get back the originals.

Wiltern wrote:
ttompatz wrote:

My employer gave copies to immigration (or was it the board of education) and returned the originals to me when I quit.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: