Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Google Nexus 7 Tablet
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Technology Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PEIGUY

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:48 pm    Post subject: Google Nexus 7 Tablet Reply with quote

they finally released it. 4.1 Jellybean..

http://www.engadget.com/2012/06/27/google-makes-the-nexus-7-tablet-official/
smithy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want one of these. First time I've been tempted into the world of tablets and I reckon I won't be alone at that price.

When can we expect them in Korea?
yoitsmykey

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to know when/where I can get one of these too, looks really good aside from no front-facing camera and no SD slot.

I suppose it will be marked up in price if/when it comes to Korea though Sad

Please post if you find out!
tcboy88

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i want 1 too, any1 know how to get it in korea?
dunkman_nz

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

good news. seems like this tab will be available in Korea by the end of the month.

http://koreajoongangdaily.joinsmsn.com/news/article/article.aspx?aid=2956042&cloc=joongangdaily%7Chome%7Cnewslist2

hopefully the price is right as I'm just about to take the plunge and get my first tablet.
yoitsmykey

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the update!
though i found a bit of the information to be strange...

Quote:
Any mobile gadget purchased overseas, in order to operate on Korea�s mobile networks, is supposed to have its frequency band registered with the government agency. The certification is also a final step before a foreign mobile device is unveiled here.

The Nexus 7, which goes by the official model name X45V, finalized the registration process earlier last month, according to sources from the agency yesterday.

In the United States, it will cost $199 for an 8-gigabyte model and $249 for 16 gigabytes of storage, but the prices here are yet to be fixed. The device works only with a Wi-Fi connection.

oh well, whatever.
cant wait for this, hopefully i can pick it up in time before i leave for my vacation!
chungbukdo

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, that information is strange since the Nexus 7 is a wifi-only device.

However, do you ever see Asus products in Korea? Never for the equivalent prices that you'd get in Canada or the US. Protectionism here runs strong and the people generally support domestic producers using the government for the purpose of protectionism, because they don't understand that it hurts them as consumers. Or they understand that it results in higher prices and delays but they possess enough nationalism to believe their individual sacrifice as a consumer is worth it to support a Korean company.
tideout

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:29 am    Post subject: usb question Reply with quote

It appears the nexus 7 comes with a mini usb to usb cord.

Is it safe to assume you can directly transfer between the nexus 7 and a usb drive using some kind of android software app and another adapter? What I'd like to do is be able to transfer files to and from a storage device w/o the need for a computer in the middle.
spanky1off

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

specs looks great for the price. my only gripe would be reading magazine pdfs...10 inches seems about the right size. any smaller would be a strain for sure.
001bautista

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone know where I can purchase one in Korea? Ever since it was announced I've been waiting to exchange my Kindle Fire for one. I love the 7 inch form factor.

*Just read this.
http://asia.cnet.com/blogs/the-google-nexus-7-may-not-succeed-in-korea-62218224.htm
emacs

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

001bautista wrote:
Anyone know where I can purchase one in Korea? Ever since it was announced I've been waiting to exchange my Kindle Fire for one. I love the 7 inch form factor.

*Just read this.
http://asia.cnet.com/blogs/the-google-nexus-7-may-not-succeed-in-korea-62218224.htm

It's not available in Korea yet. Currently you need to buy it from eBay.
Beeyee

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bump.

Any update on when this will be available in Korea? I'm dying to get my hands on one but don't fancy paying over the odds for a US import.
smithy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to hold my horses now I reckon. The iPod Mini will be out pretty soon, and I expect it to have everything the Nexus does plus a camera and the ability to sync with my iPhone. I was totally ready to go for the Nexus but the delay has led me back into the evil arms of Apple.
yoitsmykey

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, still waiting for the Korean release! Just wondering how close it will come to the US price...
Underwaterbob

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yoitsmykey wrote:
Yes, still waiting for the Korean release! Just wondering how close it will come to the US price...

Dunno, but it'll be hard pressed to beat the Acer tablets already available here for as low as 337'000 won for the ten inch, wifi A500, and 217'000 for the 7 inch a100.

http://shopping.naver.com/search/all_search.nhn?query=acer%20iconia&cat_id=&frm=NVSCMOD
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Technology Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: