Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Is Romney (Rmoney) toast?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current Events Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ya-ta Boy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul Ryan is pretty much a 'movement' conservative, 1%, Tea Party kind of guy. It will be interesting to see if libertarians go into an existential crisis.

Paul Davis Ryan...

With only a bit of rearranging of letters, you get AYN RAND.
Kuros

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya-ta Boy wrote:
Paul Ryan is pretty much a 'movement' conservative, 1%, Tea Party kind of guy. It will be interesting to see if libertarians go into an existential crisis.

Libertarians won't go into an existential crisis for Paul Ryan, but his 'talk liberty, vote GOP' record may appeal to Tea Partiers.

http://wi.rlc.org/2010/08/paul-ryans-record/

Quote:
Paul Ryan on Bailouts and Government Stimuli
-Voted YES on TARP (2008)
-Voted YES on Economic Stimulus HR 5140 (2008)
-Voted YES on $15B bailout for GM and Chrysler. (Dec 2008)
-Voted YES on $192B additional anti-recession stimulus spending. (Jul 2009)

Paul Ryan on Entitlement Programs
-Voted YES on limited prescription drug benefit for Medicare recipients. (Nov 2003)
-Voted YES on providing $70 million for Section 8 Housing vouchers. (Jun 2006)
-Voted YES on extending unemployment benefits from 39 weeks to 59 weeks. (Oct 2008)
-Voted YES on Head Start Act (2007)

Paul Ryan on Education
Rep. Ryan went along with the Bush Administration in supporting more federal involvement in education. This is contrary to the traditional Republican position, which included support for abolition of the Department of Education and decreasing federal involvement in education.
-Voted YES on No Child Left Behind Act (2001)

Paul Ryan on Civil Liberties
-Voted YES on federalizing rules for driver licenses to hinder terrorists. (Feb 2005)
-Voted YES on making the PATRIOT Act permanent. (Dec 2005)
-Voted YES on allowing electronic surveillance without a warrant. (Sep 2006)

Paul Ryan on War and Intervention Abroad
-Voted YES on authorizing military force in Iraq. (Oct 2002)
-Voted YES on emergency $78B for war in Iraq & Afghanistan. (Apr 2003)
-Voted YES on declaring Iraq part of War on Terror with no exit date. (Jun 2006)
-Voted NO on redeploying US troops out of Iraq starting in 90 days. (May 2007)

Its the mirror-opposite of Ron Paul's record. Screw Paul Ryan.
Ya-ta Boy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kuros wrote:
Ya-ta Boy wrote:

Libertarians won't go into an existential crisis for Paul Ryan, but his 'talk liberty, vote GOP' record may appeal to Tea Partiers.

http://wi.rlc.org/2010/08/paul-ryans-record/

Quote:
Paul Ryan on Bailouts and Government Stimuli
-Voted YES on TARP (2008)
-Voted YES on Economic Stimulus HR 5140 (2008)
-Voted YES on $15B bailout for GM and Chrysler. (Dec 2008)
-Voted YES on $192B additional anti-recession stimulus spending. (Jul 2009)

Paul Ryan on Entitlement Programs
-Voted YES on limited prescription drug benefit for Medicare recipients. (Nov 2003)
-Voted YES on providing $70 million for Section 8 Housing vouchers. (Jun 2006)
-Voted YES on extending unemployment benefits from 39 weeks to 59 weeks. (Oct 2008)
-Voted YES on Head Start Act (2007)

Paul Ryan on Education
Rep. Ryan went along with the Bush Administration in supporting more federal involvement in education. This is contrary to the traditional Republican position, which included support for abolition of the Department of Education and decreasing federal involvement in education.
-Voted YES on No Child Left Behind Act (2001)

Paul Ryan on Civil Liberties
-Voted YES on federalizing rules for driver licenses to hinder terrorists. (Feb 2005)
-Voted YES on making the PATRIOT Act permanent. (Dec 2005)
-Voted YES on allowing electronic surveillance without a warrant. (Sep 2006)

Paul Ryan on War and Intervention Abroad
-Voted YES on authorizing military force in Iraq. (Oct 2002)
-Voted YES on emergency $78B for war in Iraq & Afghanistan. (Apr 2003)
-Voted YES on declaring Iraq part of War on Terror with no exit date. (Jun 2006)
-Voted NO on redeploying US troops out of Iraq starting in 90 days. (May 2007)

Would Ron Paul be the father of the Rand Paul that is all hyper about the National Weather Service buying bullets?
Its the mirror-opposite of Ron Paul's record. Screw Paul Ryan.

That aside...

You are displaying in glaring fashion the reason that the country is having a nervous breakdown and why I entered a post about why it may well be time to break up the Union.

On the one hand we have religious fundamentalists who want to strip federal power down to where it can be drowned in a bathtub allied to people who think science is liberal atheist conspiracy. I see no solution short of breaking up the Union.
Ya-ta Boy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's been 5 days and people are still talking about Clint and his odd (to say the least) stint on-stage and not at all about Romney's speech.

On top of that, Paul Ryan has been steadily criticized as a liar ('Lyin' Ryan' is one version, another is 'Lyin' Like Ryan). And now we find out he ran his one and only marathon slower than Sarah Palin who had already had 4 kids.

If Obama has the imagination, he'll bring Betty White on-stage this week and let her deliver a smack-down on Clint.
detonate

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya-ta Boy wrote:
It's been 5 days and people are still talking about Clint and his odd (to say the least) stint on-stage and not at all about Romney's speech.

Thanks for making the point that most media has a liberal bias. Laughing By 'people' I assume you mean the left leaning media and maybe some some of your buddies?

If people could just focus on the budget, jobs, less gov't handouts etc and not what some movie star did, they'd see Obama has failed. Romney is playing more for the middle which should give him the win. I know some might have an aneurysm thinking about that though... Very Happy
chellovek

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

detonate wrote:
Ya-ta Boy wrote:

Thanks for making the point that most media has a liberal bias. Laughing By 'people' I assume you mean the left leaning media and maybe some some of your buddies?

If people could just focus on the budget, jobs, less gov't handouts etc and not what some movie star did, they'd see Obama has failed. Romney is playing more for the middle which should give him the win. I know some might have an aneurysm thinking about that though... Very Happy

Mitt Romney all the way!

That liberal 'lol' Obama is making the USA as hellish as a Denmark, Sweden, or Finland!

Such tyrannical liberal hell-holes! Un-American in every way!
detonate

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweden rocks. I really don't see anything being done (by Obama) or proposed (by Romney) that would lead the US to being as nice a place to live as any of those 3 select countries.
caniff

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/greed-and-debt-the-true-story-of-mitt-romney-and-bain-capital-20120829

What a pathetic choice TPTB have presented the USA with.

Write in Ron Paul, vote Gary Johnson, whatever. But sincerely, if you vote Robamba you (yes, YOU PERSONALLY) are pretty much a member of the idiot army they are counting on to "win the day".

I'd say it's shameless, but the sociopaths just laugh at such an idea (and trust me, they do - all the way to the bank while YOU pay for it all).

Wake up, suckers (it's likely already too late, but you don't have to be a duped fool forever).

Nice album cover here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/expd/7932122126/
Kuros

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

caniff wrote:
http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/greed-and-debt-the-true-story-of-mitt-romney-and-bain-capital-20120829

What a pathetic choice TPTB have presented the USA with.

Write in Ron Paul, vote Gary Johnson, whatever. But sincerely, if you vote Robamba you (yes, YOU PERSONALLY) are pretty much a member of the idiot army they are counting on to "win the day".

I'd say it's shameless, but the sociopaths just laugh at such an idea (and trust me, they do - all the way to the bank while YOU pay for it all).

Wake up, suckers (it's likely already too late, but you don't have to be a duped fool forever).

Nice album cover here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/expd/7932122126/

Tell us what you really think.

Oh, who am I kidding? Caniff is totally correct.
caniff

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish I was kidding because I just wanna be a dope and have a good time. Too bad there's a bunch of traitors with US passports who wouldn't give a shit if you lived or died and they've taken over our country.

Yay, now I've gotta be Sam Adams (I'm qualified cuz I drink it all the time - the Octoberfest is very nice).

Music:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrcTpXSJv5M
Ya-ta Boy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Write in Ron Paul, vote Gary Johnson, whatever.

There was a minor rumor going around today that RP would announce on Leno that he would run with Johnson. Alas and alack, he squelched that rumor when he said he was going to rest up for '16 (or something like that).

Meanwhile, back in the world of traditional two party politics...Michelle Obama really gave a great speech at the DNC. Tom Junod gave the smartest take on it.

"And so it was hard to say what Michelle Obama had to do on Tuesday night, because so much of what she had to do tonight was something outside the realm of polite speech. Republican commentators spoke almost winsomely of Ann Romney's need to humanize Mitt Romney; but no Democratic commentator could speak of the necessity of "Americanizing" Barack Obama without indulging the worst instincts of the American electorate...So maybe Michelle Obama was supposed to humanize her husband on Tuesday night, in her big speech. Maybe she was even supposed to humanize herself. But she wound up doing something very different, and something far more rare, and something that not only answered the people who insist that she is not like them but also had to shame them: She was simply human, and so as American as any of us could hope or dare to be."

I wasn't the target of her speech so I can't say if she succeeded, but I can say it was brilliantly written and executed. It is disappointing that it had to be given in 2012, but that is where we are. Still are.

Michelle will get the media attention, because she deserves it, but the coverage will overshadow a boatload of other significant speeches by the rising stars, most notably Julian Castro, but also Deval Patrick. O'Malley had some sharp moments, but he disappointed me overall. (I didn't see Booker, so I can't comment.) I don't know why Cuomo isn't there--it's something about local politics. I did see Schweitzer (Montana) in a commentary role and he impressed me again (although someone will have to clean up his clothes if he wants to make a splash for the right reasons on the national stage.) My heart says Clinton in '16, but if she decides not to run, the bench is deep. Someone said we never revert to an earlier generation in nominating presidential candidates. I don't know if that is literally true.
caniff

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Presenting The Democratic National Convention's "Ron Paul Moment"
Quote:

Moments ago we learned that the Democrats have once again reinstated language into their party platform that recognizes Jerusalem as the capital of Israel as well as the words "God-given" that were removed in this year's platform. However, the 'vote' on this controversial decision (shown in the clip below), brings back vivid memories of the GOP convention's own Ron Paul moment; and must be seen to be believed as the true state of our nation's "democratic process" is once again exposed for all to see. Simply remarkable...

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/presenting-democratic-national-conventions-ron-paul-moment

As I was saying......
catman

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Democrats have no testicular fortitude.
cdninkorea

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya-ta Boy wrote:

There was a minor rumor going around today that RP would announce on Leno that he would run with Johnson. Alas and alack, he squelched that rumor when he said he was going to rest up for '16 (or something like that).

Seriously? How old is he going to be in 2016? I know politicians are "supposed" to be older, but...
recessiontime

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdninkorea wrote:
Ya-ta Boy wrote:

Seriously? How old is he going to be in 2016? I know politicians are "supposed" to be older, but...

81. Forward thinking is an understatement.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current Events Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 4 of 13

Jump to: