Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Return to Korea in less than 3 months? Easier to get E2?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sireno

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:16 pm    Post subject: Return to Korea in less than 3 months? Easier to get E2? Reply with quote

I left Korea in the beginning of October. I am now interested in coming back to teach. I thought I saw somewhere that it's easier to get back the E2 visa if it's been less than 3 months since the last one expired. Is that right? What and how can I do it? I had been on a state level CBC for the past two years, and two weeks ago sent in for the FBI level one. Any advice is appreciated.
Dodge7

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You were only home for 2 months and want to come back? No jobs back home?
UncleAlex

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as I know, once you submit your ARC at the airport and leave the country, you have to start from scratch to obtain a new E2 visa back home. The time it would take to process everything would not depend on how long ago you left Korea. Once our E2 visa expires and we have to leave the country before being able to transfer it, we're treated like first-timers on any subsequent visa application. For example, I returned to Korea after having worked for one year in China. I brought my CRC letter with me after getting it through the internet, but couldn't apply for a new job without first having my diploma notarized. The Canadian Embassy no longer provided the service at that time (2011), so I was required to return to Canada to have the diploma notarized and apply through the Korean Consulate in Toronto, although I had already taught ESL in Korea on this diploma for the past 15 years. Well, I returned to China to save myself the expenses and BS. For those who may be interested, I went to Hong Kong where I got a 60 day tourist visa for mainland China in one day through a travel agent. Once I was in the country, I landed a good high school position and obtained my work visa. To get the stamp I had to return to HK and go to the Chinese consulate there. Got it in one day. No CRC or notarized documents required. I'm still in China at the same high school.
Dog Soldier

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm happy to be proved wrong, but I do believe for every new E2 application, you need a new set of documents. The chance of your visa being issued is higher (as long as there are no black marks against your name) and you are unlikely to need an interview in your home country. But ultimately, you start at scratch again.
ttompatz

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Return to Korea in less than 3 months? Easier to get E2? Reply with quote

Sireno wrote:
I left Korea in the beginning of October. I am now interested in coming back to teach. I thought I saw somewhere that it's easier to get back the E2 visa if it's been less than 3 months since the last one expired. Is that right? What and how can I do it? I had been on a state level CBC for the past two years, and two weeks ago sent in for the FBI level one. Any advice is appreciated.

If you were on a state level check then you need new documentation.

FBI check with apostille.
Certified true copy of your degree with an apostille.

Sireno

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see. Thanks for the replies. I wanted to verify for sure.

Quote:

You were only home for 2 months and want to come back? No jobs back home?

There are jobs around, though I miss Korea and am applying to grad school. Could be good for the time I have.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: