Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Now,Canada needs US blessing to negotiate a deal with China?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current Events Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GENO123

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plain Meaning wrote :

Quote:
Is that (an increase in the gas tax ) even on the table?
It should be.

Both the Republicans and Obama are at fault for not discussing it. Still another case of failure by the Federal government to actually solve problems and make things better.
By the way the oil will just go by rail to the south east usa
On the other hand

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Canada's immigration policies hurt botton line, China says
Titus

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the other hand wrote:
Canada's immigration policies hurt botton line, China says

The point of a restrictive system, which Canada does not have, is protectionism in the labor market. That's the point. Increasing supply diminishes wages which appreciates the gains of production that are captured by the ownership class. In this case the ownership class is a foreign government. I'm sure they'll get what they want.
Shimokitazawa

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Canada is essentially just an American colony, anyway. They should just get it over with and become several more states on the US map.
On the other hand

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
(Reuters) - President Barack Obama on Tuesday, as promised, swiftly vetoed a Republican bill approving the Keystone XL oil pipeline, leaving the long-debated project in limbo for another indefinite period.

The U.S. Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, after receiving Obama's veto message, immediately countered by announcing the Republican-led chamber would attempt to override it by March 3.

That is unlikely. Despite their majority, Republicans are four votes short of being able to overturn Obama's veto.

link
young_clinton

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shimokitazawa wrote:
Canada is essentially just an American colony, anyway. They should just get it over with and become several more states on the US map.

I've been saying they're nothing more than an American territory all along, l wonder when they're going to apply for statehood to be ratified by Congress. At the moment I find it odd how they're allowed to make their own laws in defiance of Federal laws. A bit oddly secessionist really, sort of a Texas like thing.
On the other hand

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Northern Gateway may be dead...

Quote:
The historic NDP majority government victory in Alberta Tuesday night has cost Enbridge an important ally in its beleaguered push to build the controversial Northern Gateway pipeline: an Alberta Premier.

New Democrat Premier-elect Rachel Notley has suggested she believes the $8-billion pipeline, from Bruderheim, Alberta to Kitimat, B.C. is a lost cause.

“Gateway is not the right decision. I think that there’s too much environmental sensitivity there and I think there’s a genuine concern by the indigenous communities,” Notley told the Calgary Herald on April 24.

“Quite frankly, anyone who knows how these things unfold [knows] nothing is happening there for decades.” she also told Global News.

link
ersatzredux

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shimokitazawa wrote:

This is trolling, right? Well, anything to put some life into this moribund place. At least get your terminology straight though. After all, this is a site for English teachers! Canada is a former colony of Britain, just like America itself. Maybe the word you wanted was satellite, puppet state, protectorate, something like that?

Last edited by ersatzredux on Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:27 am; edited 1 time in total
young_clinton

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah Protectorate.
ersatzredux

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

young_clinton wrote:
Yeah Protectorate.

I would prefer "fellow neoconservative infested puppet state" myself. America has never protected Canada from anything- just made us a target- unless you count America itself I guess, in which case it is apt I suppose. But although it may have seemed we lacked independence at times, it was more that we've had almost exactly the same kinds of shitheads running the show here as down south. Same people, not surprising there's a lot of convergence.

But Harper, it must be said, has done a lot for Canadian pride. Before we got to be targeted as merely the northern extension of the American war machine. But now our fuhrer has gone out of his way to piss off the Russians in our own right : "Hey, look over here! No, over here! Yeah, we hate you! No, over here! Here! ... Harper! The name is Harper! No, look here! Remember, I dissed you at the G7..special forces in Ukraine...no, it's Harper H-A-R-.....you know what, just forget it...sigh..."

Well, we'll keep working on it.
Plain Meaning

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Canada is better governed than America.

They're different enough. Ersatz jokes about Canada's irrelevance on the world stage, but he would not if Canada had the bloated industrial-espionage-military complex which America suffers under. Instead it has a respectable healthcare system and a bit more wealth.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current Events Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: