Site Search:
 
TEFL International Supports Dave's ESL Cafe
TEFL Courses, TESOL Course, English Teaching Jobs - TEFL International
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Yet another Korean-American: attempted murder
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current Events Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Old Painless



Joined: 01 Jan 2014

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 1:34 am    Post subject: Yet another Korean-American: attempted murder Reply with quote

I bet he was mad bro. His roommate probably made a pass at his girlfriend. Or asked her to dance.

What a coward. Can't even confront unless the victim is asleep.




http://news.yahoo.com/university-student-charged-slashing-sleeping-roommate-180606336.html?soc_src=copy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Chaparrastique



Joined: 01 Jan 2014

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 1:40 am    Post subject: Re: Yet another Korean-American: attempted murder Reply with quote

Old Painless wrote:
I bet he was mad bro. His roommate probably made a pass at his girlfriend. Or asked her to dance.


Ugh.

Too many little princes raised to believe the universe revolves around them ...can't handle the fact that it doesn't when they get older.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Old Painless



Joined: 01 Jan 2014

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've met a lot of really cool, laid back gyopos but none of them were from California.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Yaya



Joined: 25 Feb 2003
Location: Seoul

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Old Painless wrote:
I've met a lot of really cool, laid back gyopos but none of them were from California.


Avoid the Southern California gyopos like HIV. TRUST ME on this.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Steelrails



Joined: 12 Mar 2009
Location: Earth, Solar System

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guess to some, no matter if people have American citizenship, they'll always be Korean and something of an outsider...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Stan Rogers



Joined: 20 Aug 2010

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The article makes me think the guy is insane.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Old Painless



Joined: 01 Jan 2014

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steelrails wrote:
Guess to some, no matter if people have American citizenship, they'll always be Korean and something of an outsider...



What do you think the average Korean in Korea would have to say if a white Anglo with Korean citizenship murdered a whole bunch of Korean students at Yonsei, or Korea university? How do you think the average Korean would react if this story repeated itself over and over, as in the case with "Korean-Americans" in America? Wait, be honest with yourself before you respond with one of your long winded BS posts.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Chaparrastique



Joined: 01 Jan 2014

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All Koreans wishing to work or study in the US should have to produce clean criminal background checks.

With apostilles.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Old Painless



Joined: 01 Jan 2014

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chaparrastique wrote:
All Koreans wishing to work or study in the US should have to produce clean criminal background checks.

With apostilles.



No, sorry, that would be 'racist'.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
On the other hand



Joined: 19 Apr 2003
Location: I walk along the avenue

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
What a coward. Can't even confront unless the victim is asleep.



As opposed to heroic American-born murderers who walk into offices and classrooms and mow down unarmed people?

If it's gotten to the point where you're ranking ethnicities according to the supposed bravery of their respective violent psychopaths, you really need to step back and seriously question your value system.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Plain Meaning



Joined: 18 Oct 2014

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Put me in the camp where those believe the murderer's ethnicity means nothing, and his actions everything.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CentralCali



Joined: 17 May 2007

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Old Painless wrote:
Steelrails wrote:
Guess to some, no matter if people have American citizenship, they'll always be Korean and something of an outsider...



What do you think the average Korean in Korea would have to say if a white Anglo with Korean citizenship murdered a whole bunch of Korean students at Yonsei, or Korea university? How do you think the average Korean would react if this story repeated itself over and over, as in the case with "Korean-Americans" in America? Wait, be honest with yourself before you respond with one of your long winded BS posts.


I know what exactly a few Koreans in Korean said to me after the Va Tech shooting: "The shooter wasn't really Korean; he was American."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Plain Meaning



Joined: 18 Oct 2014

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CentralCali wrote:
Old Painless wrote:
Steelrails wrote:
Guess to some, no matter if people have American citizenship, they'll always be Korean and something of an outsider...



What do you think the average Korean in Korea would have to say if a white Anglo with Korean citizenship murdered a whole bunch of Korean students at Yonsei, or Korea university? How do you think the average Korean would react if this story repeated itself over and over, as in the case with "Korean-Americans" in America? Wait, be honest with yourself before you respond with one of your long winded BS posts.


I know what exactly a few Koreans in Korean said to me after the Va Tech shooting: "The shooter wasn't really Korean; he was American."


I'll tell you something:

This murder isn't about you, nor is it about how you feel about Koreans.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Steelrails



Joined: 12 Mar 2009
Location: Earth, Solar System

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Old Painless wrote:

What do you think the average Korean in Korea would have to say if a white Anglo with Korean citizenship murdered a whole bunch of Korean students at Yonsei, or Korea university? How do you think the average Korean would react if this story repeated itself over and over, as in the case with "Korean-Americans" in America? Wait, be honest with yourself before you respond with one of your long winded BS posts.


Yes, we know that. We complain about it enough. That was the whole point of my comment- it was to show how many of "us" have the same attitude as "them". If its fair to call it out when they do it, then its fair to call it out when we do it.

Quote:
All Koreans wishing to work or study in the US should have to produce clean criminal background checks.

With apostilles.


Not just Koreans, everyone. I see no problem with that, especially if they are going to be working around children. Also, when it comes to how that is applied in Korea, ethnic Koreans with non-Korean nationality have to submit to those as well. Non-ethnic Korean permanent residents of Korea sometimes do not.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CentralCali



Joined: 17 May 2007

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plain Meaning wrote:
CentralCali wrote:
Old Painless wrote:
Steelrails wrote:
Guess to some, no matter if people have American citizenship, they'll always be Korean and something of an outsider...



What do you think the average Korean in Korea would have to say if a white Anglo with Korean citizenship murdered a whole bunch of Korean students at Yonsei, or Korea university? How do you think the average Korean would react if this story repeated itself over and over, as in the case with "Korean-Americans" in America? Wait, be honest with yourself before you respond with one of your long winded BS posts.


I know what exactly a few Koreans in Korean said to me after the Va Tech shooting: "The shooter wasn't really Korean; he was American."


I'll tell you something:

This murder isn't about you, nor is it about how you feel about Koreans.


And where did I say it was?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current Events Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


This page is maintained by the one and only Dave Sperling.
Contact Dave's ESL Cafe
Copyright © 2013 Dave Sperling. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group

TEFL International Supports Dave's ESL Cafe
TEFL Courses, TESOL Course, English Teaching Jobs - TEFL International