Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Background Checks and Reasons to Deny E-2 Visa
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
viciousdinosaur

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D. Darko wrote:
Yep, I knew there was going to be at least one poster like you. I appreciated the first list, but this is total overkill. I don't have time to do all these searches, would rather hear new answers that respond to me. Google? Really? Wow, newsflash there. You really do need a hobby. Which could come in the form of a girlfriend. Come on dude, you're in Korea - land of the easy hook up - go get laid.

Well now you've lost my sympathy. Calling Korean girls an "easy-lay"? So your that kind of guy. I only dated one girl here in six years and I married her. Do you want to come here to teach children how to speak English or get drunk and screw girls? And then to go off on Skippy like that. He wasn't being antagonistic. He actually put time into creating a resource for you. This is not the Korean immigration hotline here. This is a bunch of guys with anecdotal knowledge. You should double-check everything anyone says.
YTMND

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The trick is to keep one Korean woman. Usually, after the initial visit or two, the Korean woman will retreat back to her parents and it is you that must prove you are worthy of the official "lay" through an intricate process of courting and bowing to your future in-laws while they stare at your balding head and admonish their daughter for not introducing them to a real Korean man. If accepted with this handicap, you must do everything that a Korean man would do, and that includes providing a house immediately to move into. Otherwise, lights out at 10pm, daughter must return home.

So, basically, these girls that escape the clutches of their parents and fly out of the birdcage are easy for a reason. It doesn't represent all Korean women though just like not all Koreans or Japanese commit suicide.
D. Darko

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So you married the first Korean women you met and lose sympathy for me because I simply stated that it's easy to hook up with Korean women? Well you are a paragon of virtue, aren't you? So I screwed around with some Korean (among other) women?

Yes, me and thousands and thousands of other expat guys. And guess what? Lots of Korean women like it too. ;- ) It�s called being human. I have taught for Samsung and LG and a couple of other small companies. Adults. I've taught kids too, but I prefer teaching adults.

One of the reasons why is because the adult employee students LOVE taking their teachers out to drink soju, meet women and - maybe - get laid. It's actually lots of fun. But, it looks like you skipped that part of the experience. That's fine, whatever works for you.

But don�t think for a minute that your boy here was being completely altruistic. I've lost count over the years of how many times I've seen guys like this respond to a post, implying that they themselves hold the key to how to find information and/or need to admonish the OP for not doing their due diligence. Dorks who would never say it to your face, hiding behind their computer. I think most people here get that, and find it tedious and annoying.

I like to post and not waste time. I can always get the info from people who don't care whether or not I do or don't know how to use Google.

And btw Vicious D - no, I don't think you're a loser. Being part of the American rat race is not necessarily "winning". I wouldn�t get hung up on that. If you�re happy where you are, believe me, that is what is important. Not what a bunch of Korean moms, hung up on what school their kid gets into thinks.

viciousdinosaur wrote:
D. Darko wrote:
Yep, I knew there was going to be at least one poster like you. I appreciated the first list, but this is total overkill. I don't have time to do all these searches, would rather hear new answers that respond to me. Google? Really? Wow, newsflash there. You really do need a hobby. Which could come in the form of a girlfriend. Come on dude, you're in Korea - land of the easy hook up - go get laid.

Well now you've lost my sympathy. Calling Korean girls an "easy-lay"? So your that kind of guy. I only dated one girl here in six years and I married her. Do you want to come here to teach children how to speak English or get drunk and screw girls? And then to go off on Skippy like that. He wasn't being antagonistic. He actually put time into creating a resource for you. This is not the Korean immigration hotline here. This is a bunch of guys with anecdotal knowledge. You should double-check everything anyone says.
viciousdinosaur

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's just shocking how a nice guy like you has a record.
Skippy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! Calm down people.

First, the help. To the OP.

Just a general look at some of the threads and you get the idea that having a record means you are going to get a NO in the future. Why no, because of human nature. People are lazy and will not want to try and understand your situation, it is easier to go no. A recruiter does not want to spend the time lining up a job for you and having it all fall apart. Easier to go no. Same with a bored bureaucrat behind a desk who just wants to rubber stamp something and continue playing solitaire on his computer. Easier to get no.

Now there are ways to fight this. As you commented, look in getting your record expunged or a pardon. These take time and in some cases money for fees and lawyers. Hopefully for you, it will work.

The other way is to make a case for yourself. Get all the info laid out on the table. Write a letter explaining the situation and the charge. Get it translated. Have what it legally means in Korean. Then roll up your sleeves and be prepared to fight. Do not expect logic or understanding from officials. If possible bring in a Korean to help translate. Even better a Korean who will vouch for you. Hopefully you can get a pass. You just have to try.

I can guess what happened to you and how this charge suddenly appeared on your record. Last year immigration changed from accepting state checks to national .If people renewed with same school they could avoid having to submit a national check for a year. I am guessing this year you got your FBI check, which had something from you past in another state.

Now on to the big screw you.
First insult, I liked, I really do need to get laid. I was a bit over the top.
Second insult. Little too mean for my taste. Did I not give you a WHOLE bunch of info. Yet, this is the Internet, it is a nasty place.

As to the just post and get your info. That drives me nuts. Hey your started with an OK question and explained yourself. Maybe whined a little. Just this question has been done to death. If it has been done so many time what you will get it this.

NOTHING .....
to little.

Well thanks to ttompatz maybe a general answer, I think that man carries the board. People see an old question and get bored with it, thus ignore it.

Next off, why you will get ignored, by your own admission you have been here for a while and know Korea and the ESL scene. But you now joined Dave's Korean Job forum. Where have you been, what have you been doing? Only when you have a problem do you come here to get help. It shows you do not care about anything but yourself, which is... well ... normal. But it does not have people want to help you. If your were a newbie, people will more likely help.

I would been more helpful, if you had shown some of your own initiative in trying to help yourself.

What ever. Thanks to viciousdinosaur and YTMD for standing up for me.

I should have just ignored it.

Well OP, please do keep the board informed of your upcoming battle.

Last edited by Skippy on Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
TheUrbanMyth

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D. Darko wrote:
Thanks man. I guess I'm going to have to get it removed from my record, a process who knows how long will take. And then go through the bg check process again. You'd think with all the consistently unfilled positions they have...

(bolding mine)

This isn't 2000-2004 anymore. There's no shortage of teachers like there used to be. In fact the public schools have been culling and cutting positions for 2-3 years now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: