Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

War drums for Isreal and Iran
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current Events Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kuros

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Titus wrote:
Quote:
Iran has already shat all over the NPT

The details of the NPT are extremely technical and neither you nor I have the proper background to issue a legal conclusion. What can be said is that Iran has not "shat all over the NPT". It is generally in full compliance, though may be out of compliance in some marginal way.

Gee, I'm so glad we could foreclose conversation on Iran's NPT compliance so we could focus on the evil cabal of Jewish conspiracy.

#threadfail
Junior

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Titus wrote:
You can safely assume 80pc of that list to be Zionist propaganda. They lie like rugs.

Translation :
Quote:
My sources are good and yours are bad . Why? cause I say so. No one has any business questioning me or posting anything I don't approve of .

All this coming from the one who posts from . Garath Porter/ counterpunch/antiwar etc etc.
Unibrow

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happened a few days ago, yet another example of blatant Israeli terrorism. Two civilians were killed.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-20050781

is Sudan an existential threat to Israel?
Kuros

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unibrow wrote:
Happened a few days ago, yet another example of blatant Israeli terrorism. Two civilians were killed.

The Sudanese Military Industrial Corporation gets little sympathy from me. Or Amnesty International.

Quote:
The Sudanese Military Industrial Corporation continues to operate three [minus one] military plants near Khartoum that produce ammunition, light infantry weapons, military vehicles and Sudanese versions of the T-55 tank, seen in Darfur, for the Sudanese armed forces.
Junior

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unibrow wrote:

Shame on Israel for doing anything to prevent Hamas from getting arms.

Notice that Unibrow has lots of time to devote to Israel and no time for the Sudan.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/shared/spl/hi/picture_gallery/07/africa_sudan0s_slave_voices/html/1.stm

Quote:
Correspondents say Israel believes weapons are being smuggled through the region to Gaza.

Leaked US State Department documents three years ago suggested that Sudan was secretly supplying Iranian arms to Hamas in the Gaza Strip.

In April 2011, Khartoum held Israel responsible for an air strike that killed two people in a car near the city of Port Sudan. Israel, again, did not comment on the incident.

Quote:
BBC diplomatic correspondent
At this stage there is no way of knowing who was responsible for the air attack against the Yarmouk arms factory in Khartoum.

While the Sudanese authorities are yet to provide any evidence for their accusation that it was Israel, this is by no means as outlandish as it might sound. For a bitter secret war has been going on for a number of years between Israel and Hamas, with Sudan apparently very much one of the battlegrounds.

US diplomatic cables have revealed alleged arms smuggling networks running through Sudan. In January and February of 2009 there were two mystery air attacks on convoys in the Sudanese desert. More recently, in April last year, there were reports that a senior Hamas figure, thought to be responsible for arranging arms supplies, was killed near Port Sudan.

The Sudanese government said that Israeli attack helicopters had destroyed the car in which two individuals were travelling. Again there is no confirmation of any of this and the Israelis are saying nothing.

Israel was also blamed for a strike on a convoy in north-eastern Sudan in 2009, but neither confirmed nor denied involvement.

And, hello...Iran ran the factory.

Quote:
Tellingly, the next day, Israeli officials accused Sudan of aiding Iran-backed militant groups in the region. Also tellingly, the response from Arab states � which, though not exactly enamored of unilateral Israeli strikes, also tend to be wary of Iran � has been �muted.�
On Sunday, the Times of London published what it�s portraying as the definitive, detailed, inside story: Eight Israeli F-15 jets flew along the Red Sea and then east into Sudan, where four bombed a munitions facility, according to the paper�s anonymous sources. The newspaper also reported that the Sudanese facility constructed missiles and was run by members of the Iranian Revolutionary Guard.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/worldviews/wp/2012/10/30/why-would-israel-bomb-sudan-theories-cite-iran-hamas-even-the-u-s/
Titus

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/31/world/middleeast/israel-says-iran-has-postponed-nuclear-ambitions.html

Quote:
Israel�s defense minister said Tuesday that the country had interpreted Iran�s conversion of some enriched uranium to fuel rods for civilian use as evidence that Iran had delayed ambitions to build a nuclear weapon.

I don't know how you delay an ambition. Either you're planning on something or you�re not.

Obama and the US defence establishment pushed back and called the bluff. All the reason to vote for the guy. I assume sometime around May we'll hear the 6 months until bomb thing hyped again.
bucheon bum

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Titus wrote:
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/31/world/middleeast/israel-says-iran-has-postponed-nuclear-ambitions.html

Quote:
Israel�s defense minister said Tuesday that the country had interpreted Iran�s conversion of some enriched uranium to fuel rods for civilian use as evidence that Iran had delayed ambitions to build a nuclear weapon.

I don't know how you delay an ambition. Either you're planning on something or you�re not.

Obama and the US defence establishment pushed back and called the bluff. All the reason to vote for the guy. I assume sometime around May we'll hear the 6 months until bomb thing hyped again.

Unless Romney wins. That would push it up to at least early 2013.
Unibrow

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Israel launched a unilateral attack on a country they are not at war with. For the 3rd time in 3 years. Notice they have not done anything to Eritrea. Eritrea has been arming and supporting Somalian terrorists for years, but they are allies with Israel.
bucheon bum

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unibrow wrote:
Israel launched a unilateral attack on a country they are not at war with. For the 3rd time in 3 years. Notice they have not done anything to Eritrea. Eritrea has been arming and supporting Somalian terrorists for years, but they are allies with Israel.

Really? I hope you're being intentionally obtuse here. Somali terrorists terrorize Somalia and little else (perhaps northern Kenya and eastern Ethiopia).

Also, why would Israel become involved when other nations and the AU have attacked those terrorists?

Plus there are UN sanctions against Eritrea.

Most importantly, I don't believe anyone in Somalia (or Eritrea) has been connected to supporting any Palestinian group. Why would Israel become involved? It certainly is involved in enough countries as it is.
Unibrow

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucheon bum wrote:
Unibrow wrote:

Really? I hope you're being intentionally obtuse here. Somali terrorists terrorize Somalia and little else (perhaps northern Kenya and eastern Ethiopia).

Also, why would Israel become involved when other nations and the AU have attacked those terrorists?

Most importantly, I don't believe anyone in Somalia (or Eritrea) has been connected to supporting any Palestinian group. Why would Israel become involved? It certainly is involved in enough countries as it is.

I'm not being obtuse at all. HAMAS is the democratically elected government of the Gaza Strip. al Shabbab is a terrorist group. Sudan is allegedly helping supply defensive weapons to Hamas. Eritrea is contributing to the destabilazation of a region home to hundreds of millions of people, many of them poor and hungry. If Israel truly cared about terrorism, they wouldn't be allies with a terrorist state like Eritrea.

HAMAS was democratically elected in US sponsored elections. Since the US didn't want them to win, they allowed Israel to turn Gaza into the worlds largest prison. People are going hungry and lack clean water. It's a desperate situation, and Israel has murdered people trying to bring humanitarian aid.
bucheon bum

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unibrow wrote:
bucheon bum wrote:
Unibrow wrote:

I'm not being obtuse at all. HAMAS is the democratically elected government of the Gaza Strip. al Shabbab is a terrorist group. Sudan is allegedly helping supply defensive weapons to Hamas. Eritrea is contributing to the destabilazation of a region home to hundreds of millions of people, many of them poor and hungry. If Israel truly cared about terrorism, they wouldn't be allies with a terrorist state like Eritrea.

HAMAS was democratically elected in US sponsored elections. Since the US didn't want them to win, they allowed Israel to turn Gaza into the worlds largest prison. People are going hungry and lack clean water. It's a desperate situation, and Israel has murdered people trying to bring humanitarian aid.

Originally you questioned why Israel didn't do anything against Eritrea. Now you're saying the two countries are allies?? What leads you to that conclusion?

Regardless, Israel just cares about Israel. In other words it is like every other nation-state on this planet (in that way at least). What country fights terrorists that don't threaten its own interests??
Titus

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
What country fights terrorists that don't threaten its own interests??

Haha. Oh lordy lordy. What country indeed.
bucheon bum

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Titus wrote:
Quote:

Ok, I should rephrase that: what country fights terrorists that threaten its own (sometimes special) interests? That is, what country fights terrorism just for the sake of the greater good?

Sorry unibrow, but you seem to be saying that if a country is fighting terrorism in one place, it should be fighting it everywhere. Hell, I'm not even clear on what you're saying beyond, "Israel is bad!"
Kuros

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucheon bum wrote:
Titus wrote:
Quote:

Ok, I should rephrase that: what country fights terrorists that threaten its own (sometimes special) interests? That is, what country fights terrorism just for the sake of the greater good?

Sorry unibrow, but you seem to be saying that if a country is fighting terrorism in one place, it should be fighting it everywhere. Hell, I'm not even clear on what you're saying beyond, "Israel is bad!"

Actually, if he had said "Israel is bad," that would've been a safe statement. Instead he was upset that the Military Industrial Corporation of Sudan was hit and two of their stooges (possibly Iranians) killed. Who cares?
Junior

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unibrow wrote:
I'm not being obtuse at all. HAMAS is the democratically elected government of the Gaza Strip. al Shabbab is a terrorist group.

Even terrorists can be elected.

Quote:
Sudan is allegedly helping supply defensive weapons to Hamas.

Uh....

Quote:
Israel Warning After Hamas Rocket Strikes
Israel considers its response following intensive rocket strikes from Hamas that appear designed to provoke military retaliation.

http://news.sky.com/story/1004159/israel-warning-after-hamas-rocket-strikes

Quote:
Khobar Towers (as told by Louis Freeh - WOW!)
WSJ ^ | June 23, 2006 | Louis J. Freeh
P

Khobar Towers
June 23, 2006

The Wall Street Journal
Louis J. Freeh

Ten years ago this Sunday, acting under direct orders from senior Iranian government leaders, the Saudi Hezbollah detonated a 25,000-pound TNT bomb that killed 19 U.S. airmen in their dormitory at Khobar Towers in Dhahran, Saudi Arabia. The blast wave destroyed Building 131 and grievously wounded hundreds of additional Air Force personnel. It also killed an unknown number of Saudi civilians in a nearby park.

The 19 Americans murdered were members of the 4404th Wing, who were risking their lives to enforce the no-fly zone over southern Iraq. This was a U.N.-mandated mission after the 1991 Gulf War to stop Saddam Hussein from killing his Shiite people. The Khobar victims, along with the courageous families and friends who will mourn them this weekend in Washington, deserve our respect and honor. More importantly, they must be remembered, because American justice has still been denied.

Although a federal grand jury handed down indictments in June 2001 -- days before I left as FBI director and a week before some of the charges against 14 of the terrorists would have lapsed because of the statute of limitations -- two of the primary leaders of the attack, Ahmed Ibrahim al-Mughassil and Abdel Hussein Mohamed al-Nasser, are living comfortably in Iran with about as much to fear from America as Osama bin Laden had prior to Sept. 11 (to wit, U.S. marshals showing up to serve warrants for their arrests).

Solemn and Personal

The aftermath of the Khobar bombing is just one example of how successive U.S. governments have mishandled Iran. On June 25, 1996, President Clinton declared that "no stone would be left unturned" to find the bombers and bring them to "justice." Within hours, teams of FBI agents, and forensic.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1654696/posts

Quote:
Robert Dean Stethem (November 17, 1961 � June 15, 1985) was a United States Navy Seabee diver who was killed by Hezbollah militants during the hijacking of the commercial airliner he was aboard, TWA Flight 847. His Navy rating was Steelworker Second Class (SW2).
Contents

Robert Stethem was born in Waterbury, Connecticut, but grew up in Virginia Beach, Virginia & Waldorf, Maryland. He was one of four children. His father and two brothers also served in the U.S. Navy. His mother was a civilian Navy administrator. He graduated from Thomas Stone High School in 1980, where he played defensive back on the varsity and junior varsity football teams. He joined the Navy shortly after graduating.
In the Navy, Stethem was a Seabee Steelworker assigned to NMCB-62 in Gulfport, MS. Assigned to NMCB-62, Stethem served multiple tours on Diego Garcia and Guam. Later, Stethem became a 2nd Class Navy Diver and was assigned to the Navy's Underwater Construction Team in Little Creek, Virginia.
In June 1985, Petty Officer Stethem was returning from an assignment in Nea Makri, Greece aboard TWA Flight 847 when it was hijacked by members of the Lebanese organization Hezbollah. The hijackers held 39 people hostage for 17 days, demanding the release of 766 Lebanese and Palestinian prisoners held by Israel.[2]
When their demands were not met, Stethem was targeted as a member of the U.S. military, and was beaten and tortured. Finally, the hijackers shot him and dumped his body onto the tarmac at the Beirut airport.
One of the hijackers, Mohammed Ali Hammadi, was arrested two years later in Frankfurt, Germany. He was tried and convicted of Stethem's murder. He was sentenced to life in jail. Three others, Imad Mugniyah, Hassan Izz-Al-Din and Ali Atwa were eventually indicted for their involvement in the incident. In 2002, they were added to the FBI Most Wanted Terrorists list. On February 13, 2008, Imad Mugniyah was killed in an explosion in Damascus, Syria.
Mohammed Ali Hammadi was paroled in December 2005 and returned to Lebanon. It is speculated that he was released in a prisoner swap in exchange for the release of Susanne Osthoff, who was kidnapped in Iraq one month earlier. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Stethem

Quote:
Hamas Mickey Mouse Teaches Terror to Kids

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gi-c6lbFGC4
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current Events Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 12 of 16

Jump to: