Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Guild Wars 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Technology Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
phatrick

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:28 am    Post subject: Guild Wars 2 Reply with quote

Anyone going to get in this? I pre-purchased and about to hop in the open beta this weekend.
vDroop

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course!

5 hours till go!

Sea of Sorrows - unofficial Oceanic home world.
canada42

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most definitely. So close to beta. Must..stay..awake.
Hootsmon

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let us know what you think of it. There are more and more games available for free-to-play these days, so wondering if it's worth forking out money for GW2. I just started playing some Lord of the Rings Online and, well, it seems almost identical to WoW but it's completely free, which is a bonus.
phatrick

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't mind spending money on a game but I refuse to pay a monthly fee anymore and I think most people who have been playing MMO's for the past 10-15 years feel the same way. I fell asleep Friday night about 30min before the start so when I got on Saturday morning the servers I was trying to get on were full. Sucks but whatever, I enjoyed the beta. I leveled 2 toons to 10 and a 3rd to 8 over the course of the weekend. I only encountered one area that bugged out on me over the course of the weekend. Some people were complaining about the fps but I stayed 40-60fps at 2560x1440 with a few dips lower in WvWvW pvp. The animations for spells/abilities are a little to much in the pvp, distracting to me, seemed like fireworks going off on my screen. Anyhow, I think I will definitely get my $60 worth out of the game. I am looking forward to the full release but with Diablo 3 coming out I can wait a while Smile
vDroop

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was a bit disappointed to be honest. I guess I am just too used to the traditional style of mmos. GW2 has a long way to come before being ready for launch. It's missing so many features people are used to.

If you like jump in and kill PvP (console style, everyone is equally geared) then it might be the game for you. If you like long, slow character progression and to be rewarded for putting in the time, you might be pretty disappointed.

Make no mistake, this is a PvP game. There are no plans for end game raiding. It's got a personal storyline (aka swtor) and a public quest system (aka warhammer) for PvE.

I'll keep playing future betas and watching for improvements. It has potential.
phatrick

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah if you were expecting it to be a traditional MMO you might have been a little disappointed. I knew going in to it that it was not going to be like traditional MMO's but then the first one wasn't either. To be honest I am burned out on the traditional MMO and I am to busy these days to sink that much time in a game. For one my wife would probably leave me Razz It does need much more work but it seemed more finished and had less problems then many beta's I have been in before.
pegasus64128

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I come from a kind of a hybrid FPS-RPG background, and I think it looks great! Especially World V World. Beta on youtu.be here: http://is.gd/uYA2R6
pegasus64128

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guild Wars 2 will officially launch on Tuesday, August 28th.

http://www.arena.net/blog/announcing-the-guild-wars-2-launch-date
phatrick

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking forward to this starting up this weekend! Haven't been playing many games after bf3 burnout, d3 boredom, etc...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Technology Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: