Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Getting a new smartphone

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Technology Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dr.Itaewon

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:22 am    Post subject: Getting a new smartphone Reply with quote

Hey there, in the market for a new phone since my Motorola Droid has become possessed of late, can't control her anymore. I want to spend a maximum of 250k because I'm the kind of guy who has trouble justifying himself spending any more than that on a phone. And I believe that leaves me in the market for buying second hand only. I roll prepaid since I get wifi most places I need to and don't care for spending 70k a month to have it 100% of the time. I also don't make very many long calls, play any games, etc.

A friend of mine has a Sony Xperia Arc that he got refurbished with new innards three weeks ago and will sell it to me for 200k. Good deal? I've read it's a great phone. Prices are a little ambiguous to me here, I don't fully understand the market, though I know electronics are almost always a rip off. I've also been checking CL the last few days, but you never know what you're going to end up with on there. Anyone here have problems buying phones off of CL? Any other recommendations? I see a lot of old Galaxy S' and iPhones in my price range... but fairly older models. Any advice? Take the refurbished Xperia for 200k? Thanks, have a good one.

Also... where might I take my Motorola to get it checked out if I want to try to get the demons out and make a quick $50? Half the time I use it, the menu/web page just erratically moves up and down on its own. I'm ready to move on anyway, but if anyone knows where I might go about remedying that issue and get the phone in working order, I'd appreciate it. I'd keep it as a secondary or sell it if I could get it in functional order.
dazzed

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the price range you're looking for, it's kind of hard to get a decent phone.

One best chance to get without any cost is to take over a contract from somebody that's leaving the country. There's a few popping up every so often on here or craigslist.

You could also try those phone shops at itaewon that sells phones and see if they are selling 2nd hand phones. You could try checking out danawa.com for refurbished or ones that somebody selling.

I think for danawa, you'll need a korean to call for you and try to make a deal.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Technology Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: