Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Jpn dude p.o.'d the wrong person

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current Events Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave Chance

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:08 am    Post subject: Jpn dude p.o.'d the wrong person Reply with quote

http://www.japantoday.com/category/crime/view/man-dies-after-being-beaten-in-roppongi-club

TOKYO �

A man died after he was beaten by a gang of about 10 men wearing ski masks in a club in Roppingi early Sunday morning.

According to police, they received a call from the club Flower at about 3:40 a.m., reporting trouble, NTV reported. Witnesses were quoted as saying that a gang of about 10 men came into the club. Some were brandishing metal bats and attacked a 31-year-old man who was drinking with friends.

The attack lasted about 1-2 minutes, witnesses said. The gang left immediately after the assault and got away in a van, police said. The victim, who was identified as Ryosuke Fujimoto, was taken to hospital with severe head injuries, but was pronounced dead.

Police said there were about 300 people in the club at the time, but no one else was injured, NTV reported.
ThingsComeAround

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be regrettable if it was a mistaken identity
caniff

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why are you posting this, OP? Seems fairly mundane in that this stuff happens all over the world at any given time.

Guy pissed someone off, gets a public beat-down, yawn.......
Dave Chance

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

caniff wrote:
Why are you posting this, OP? Seems fairly mundane in that this stuff happens all over the world at any given time.

Guy pissed someone off, gets a public beat-down, yawn.......

Feel free to post an example of your high standards
caniff

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why?
Ya-ta Boy

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

caniff is right.

There is a difference between an event where some family somewhere suffers an awful loss and an event that has an angle where people can discuss different points of view.

The first is a tragedy, but the second is a current event. Just posting a tragedy is sensationalistic...and a waste of people's time.
Dave Chance

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya-ta Boy wrote:
caniff is right.

There is a difference between an event where some family somewhere suffers an awful loss and an event that has an angle where people can discuss different points of view.

The first is a tragedy, but the second is a current event. Just posting a tragedy is sensationalistic...and a waste of people's time.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, which is kinda the point of a forum.

So u are encouraged as well to post whatever fulfills your criteria.
Ya-ta Boy

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to your criteria of 'current event':

It's raining outside now. It started maybe an hour ago. It feels kind of cool. Maybe I should get out my light blanket and put it on my bed before I go to sleep. What do you think?

Earlier in the day I was bummed out when the sewer repair guy finally showed up right outside (I live on the first floor) and started jack-hammering the sewer problem by shattering the cement in the parking spaces. There has been a problem for about a month now, ever since Jim from upstairs parked his car and stepped out into a giant hole and maybe broke his toe. BUT why did they wait until today RIGHT WHEN JOE BIDEN was making his acceptance speech?

Both of these are true events. What is your opinion about rain on a Thursday evening, or about the guy shattering concrete outside my window?

I am breathlessly awaiting your point of view on these current events.
Dave Chance

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If u can find nothing better to do than labor over the above, to be frank I feel a little sorry for you.

In any case, keep typing away if that gets it goin' for ya.

Otherwise, refer to my original reply.
Ya-ta Boy

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
If u can find nothing better to do than labor over the above, to be frank I feel a little sorry for you.

Way back, once upon a time, when I taught high school, every fall I had to go through the same struggle with sophomores...

I've never really understood why some people instinctively understand the difference between an event where people can register and discuss the implications...and an event that has no relation to anyone outside the immediate family/friends.

Maybe you and visitororg have something in common.
Dave Chance

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let it out my son, let it out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current Events Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: