Site Search:
 
TEFL International Supports Dave's ESL Cafe
TEFL Courses, TESOL Course, English Teaching Jobs - TEFL International
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

DNC DELEGATES: LET’S BAN CORPORATE PROFITS!
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current Events Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Udo



Joined: 22 May 2011
Location: Seoul

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:18 pm    Post subject: DNC DELEGATES: LET’S BAN CORPORATE PROFITS! Reply with quote

I've seen this mentality alot during the last 20 years esp. in California. I used to buy GLD, AGQ, SLV as a hedge against currency devaluation but these people are so anti-capatilist and anti-white that I would advise buying physical silver, platinum, gold, etc. If you buy and trade from overseas like I do, Im not saying that you should stop- I'm just saying that its trackable (I get form 1099s for my trading activity). I would consider just paying cash at local U.S. dealers to avoid anyone else knowing about your private transactions. Do what you want and support Obama but there is a huge number of Obama supporters that want to take your belongings and the ways that the "gubbimint"has to track and seize your assets are manifold in the name of "social justice." Good luck.
Viva diversity

http://www.humanevents.com/2012/09/06/hey-lets-ban-corporate-profits/

At the Democratic National Convention, where one speaker after the next swears they love free enterprise, delegates and attendees (maybe some media, who knows?) were asked by Peter Schiff, posing as a anti-corporate activist, if they would support capping or banning corporate profit.

Well, there seems to be plenty of enthusiasm for the idea in Charlotte this week — and not from the fringe. “We deliberately avoided speaking with the occupy protestors camping outside in tents to get a more “mainstream” Democratic perspective,” writes Schiff.

And remember, it’s the Tea Party that’s supposed to be radical.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Zackback



Joined: 05 Nov 2010
Location: Kyungbuk

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought the DP party is the Occupy Movement.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
visitorq



Joined: 11 Jan 2008

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The highlight of the DNC for me was seeing Slick Willy get up on stage and effortlessly convince all the star-struck peons around him that not only would 4 more years of Obama magically undo the damage to the economy that his administration has exacerbated throughout the last 4 years, but that he himself "truly believes" it...

He pulled it off so masterfully that I almost found myself wanting to join in with the mass delusion and be utterly duped along with the rest of them...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
fosterman



Joined: 16 Nov 2011

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Democrats brought it home over the past three days, they hit every nail on the head and let the American people know that voting Democrat is only way to go forward. So proud of them today.
republicans didn't present anything in Tampa and it just showed how lack of experience and out of touch that party is.
thank god Obama will bring it home for 4 more years. could never dream of going back to the old days under bush.
OBAMA 4 more years!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bigverne



Joined: 12 May 2004

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
OBAMA 4 more years!!


Pathetic to see grown men, and women, cheer for political parties as if they were football teams. Well done, your 'team' is only slightly less awful than the opposition..
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
visitorq



Joined: 11 Jan 2008

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigverne wrote:
Quote:
OBAMA 4 more years!!


Pathetic to see grown men, and women, cheer for political parties as if they were football teams. Well done, your 'team' is only slightly less awful than the opposition..

Yep.

I bet he was one of those wide eyed idolators in the crowd clinging to every word in rapture as his beloved leaders convincingly read their carefully scripted speeches from their teleprompters... So very inspiring!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
luckylady



Joined: 30 Jan 2012
Location: u.s. of occupied territories

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:30 pm    Post subject: Re: DNC DELEGATES: LET’S BAN CORPORATE PROFITS! Reply with quote

Udo wrote:
I've seen this mentality alot during the last 20 years esp. in California. I used to buy GLD, AGQ, SLV as a hedge against currency devaluation but these people are so anti-capatilist and anti-white that I would advise buying physical silver, platinum, gold, etc. If you buy and trade from overseas like I do, Im not saying that you should stop- I'm just saying that its trackable (I get form 1099s for my trading activity). I would consider just paying cash at local U.S. dealers to avoid anyone else knowing about your private transactions. Do what you want and support Obama but there is a huge number of Obama supporters that want to take your belongings and the ways that the "gubbimint"has to track and seize your assets are manifold in the name of "social justice." Good luck.
Viva diversity

http://www.humanevents.com/2012/09/06/hey-lets-ban-corporate-profits/

At the Democratic National Convention, where one speaker after the next swears they love free enterprise, delegates and attendees (maybe some media, who knows?) were asked by Peter Schiff, posing as a anti-corporate activist, if they would support capping or banning corporate profit.

Well, there seems to be plenty of enthusiasm for the idea in Charlotte this week — and not from the fringe. “We deliberately avoided speaking with the occupy protestors camping outside in tents to get a more “mainstream” Democratic perspective,” writes Schiff.

And remember, it’s the Tea Party that’s supposed to be radical.



ha ha that's really funny. the first lie about Obama wanting to take away people's guns didn't work so you all came up with a new one? as for "anti-white" - that's a bit of a stretch, considering how diverse the DP actually is.

hmm, I think it's corporate subsidies, i.e., corporate welfare that's been in the discussion as to what needs to be done away with.

also - it's capitalist - check your spelling when you go around disparaging others, or it makes you look, well, dumb.

yawn. done here. Cool
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
slothrop



Joined: 03 Feb 2003

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

edit

Last edited by slothrop on Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Zackback



Joined: 05 Nov 2010
Location: Kyungbuk

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fosterman,

I guess you can thank your "god" but the word "God" was removed and then put back in (with a chorus of boos).

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/OTUS/democrats-rapidly-revise-platform-include-god/story?id=17164108

Strange but when Gabby Giffords led the Pledge of Allegiance no one booed when she mentioned "God".

God bless America? Why not, America bless God? Or is one too politically incorrect?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ya-ta Boy



Joined: 16 Jan 2003
Location: Established in 1994

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Pathetic to see grown men, and women, cheer for political parties as if they were football teams. Well done, your 'team' is only slightly less awful than the opposition..


Why do I get the feeling that you would only be happy if people were cheering for their race (and/or religion)? Hmmm?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
visitorq



Joined: 11 Jan 2008

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya-ta Boy wrote:
Quote:
Pathetic to see grown men, and women, cheer for political parties as if they were football teams. Well done, your 'team' is only slightly less awful than the opposition..


Why do I get the feeling that you would only be happy if people were cheering for their race (and/or religion)? Hmmm?

Because with you literally everything is about race all the time. You are positively obsessed with it.

You are unwilling to take things at face value, since that would involve you losing the debate, so you resort each and every time to the same paradigm. If he had said he liked strawberry ice cream better than chocolate ripple and you disagreed, then for you that would have been a race (and/or religion) issue.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ya-ta Boy



Joined: 16 Jan 2003
Location: Established in 1994

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Because with you literally everything is about race all the time. You are positively obsessed with it.


Can I take that as a 'yes', you are just as obsessed with race/religion as bigverne?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
visitorq



Joined: 11 Jan 2008

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya-ta Boy wrote:
Quote:
Because with you literally everything is about race all the time. You are positively obsessed with it.


Can I take that as a 'yes', you are just as obsessed with race/religion as bigverne?

For once I'd just like to see you actually engage in a debate without copping out. I almost never bring up race, since I consider it practically a non-issue. I always find it telling that it is nearly always liberal types (who profess to be so progressive and enlightened) who constantly make race into an issue where it otherwise would not be one.

Congratulations on keeping racism alive and well ya-ta!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Leon



Joined: 31 May 2010

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

visitorq wrote:
Ya-ta Boy wrote:
Quote:
Pathetic to see grown men, and women, cheer for political parties as if they were football teams. Well done, your 'team' is only slightly less awful than the opposition..


Why do I get the feeling that you would only be happy if people were cheering for their race (and/or religion)? Hmmm?

Because with you literally everything is about race all the time. You are positively obsessed with it.

You are unwilling to take things at face value, since that would involve you losing the debate, so you resort each and every time to the same paradigm. If he had said he liked strawberry ice cream better than chocolate ripple and you disagreed, then for you that would have been a race (and/or religion) issue.


Big Verne actually is obsessed with race though. Almost all of his posts are about it. That is taking Big Verne at face value. Saying Big Verne is interested in race is like saying you (Visitorq) are interested in libertarianism.


Last edited by Leon on Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Titus



Joined: 19 May 2012

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vern is close. I don't think he's there yet. I've not seen him at the meetings.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current Events Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


This page is maintained by the one and only Dave Sperling.
Contact Dave's ESL Cafe
Copyright © 2013 Dave Sperling. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group

TEFL International Supports Dave's ESL Cafe
TEFL Courses, TESOL Course, English Teaching Jobs - TEFL International