Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bloggers need your donation
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Off-Topic Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sojusucks

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:46 pm    Post subject: Bloggers need your donation Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmIoLR4s_Mo&feature=g-feat

Who cares about regular charities, this one is much more important. If everyone donates at least one month's pay they can reach their goal and continue to promote K-Pop and present Korea as a perfect place to live.
It's important, much more important than any other charities. K-Pop needs them. C'mon, what do you say?
youtuber

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the website and Simon and Martina. Not too keen on the whole askin' for money thing. I understand it though.

They say that they want to get an editor, studio, etc etc. But a big part of the charm for me is that they use what they got and make a pretty good little show out of it. I like that it is low budget and cheesy.
sojusucks

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

youtuber wrote:
I love the website and Simon and Martina. Not too keen on the whole askin' for money thing. I understand it though.

They say that they want to get an editor, studio, etc etc. But a big part of the charm for me is that they use what they got and make a pretty good little show out of it. I like that it is low budget and cheesy.

Begging for money like that just for themselves deserves ridicule. What they do may be helpful to newbies but it's not a vital service and, frankly, it's arrogant of them to believe that the sun won't come up tomorrow without new K-Pop videos from them.
Besides, relying on donations is not a smart business model and it's not like the world will end if they just move on. Other bloggers will fill their places. They should just pocket their money and move on. Start a new chapter back home. Everybody's gotta leave sometime.
12ax7

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They've already surpassed their goal.

http://www.indiegogo.com/eatyourkimchistudio

I've only watched a couple of their videos, but they are great hosts, very creative, too. Arirang, or maybe EBS, would be smart to sign them up to do a show. Their sense of humor would appeal to TV viewers.

Last edited by 12ax7 on Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
12ax7

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sojusucks wrote:
youtuber wrote:

Begging for money like that just for themselves deserves ridicule. What they do may be helpful to newbies but it's not a vital service and, frankly, it's arrogant of them to believe that the sun won't come up tomorrow without new K-Pop videos from them.
Besides, relying on donations is not a smart business model and it's not like the world will end if they just move on. Other bloggers will fill their places. They should just pocket their money and move on. Start a new chapter back home. Everybody's gotta leave sometime.

And yet you're still around.
teedram

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have never liked eatyourkimchi. And after this, I still don't like them.

It's depressingly funny that there are people, namely Koreaboos and hardcore fans that live vicariously through their videos and blogs, that are willing to drop so much money to have one dinner and noraebang hour with them. For a thousand bucks I'd rather have dinner with Psy or SNSD - ANY K-idol - not some Canadian bloggers.... but anyway...their choice.
12ax7

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

teedram wrote:
I have never liked eatyourkimchi. And after this, I still don't like them.

It's depressingly funny that there are people, namely Koreaboos and hardcore fans that live vicariously through their videos and blogs, that are willing to drop so much money to have one dinner and noraebang hour with them. For a thousand bucks I'd rather have dinner with Psy or SNSD - ANY K-idol - not some Canadian bloggers.... but anyway...their choice.

So much hatred. Did it even occur to you that maybe those who dropped a thousand bucks are some of their close friends? If I knew them, I'd probably pitch in a thousand, especially if I liked their blog.
Dr.Itaewon

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was an unsufferable video to watch. I'd burn my money before handing it over to those two clowns. They need a haircut fundraiser first.
12ax7

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some of you guys should start your own blog together. You could call it "Dave's Sock-puppets".
NYC_Gal 2.0

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only found out about them today. I tried to watch a couple of their videos, but I found them really annoying. To each their own, though. The fact that they were able to get people to give them money? Good on them. I liken it to panhandling, but people seem to like them. People seem to like "The Real Housewives of New Jersey" as well. <<shrugs>>

When I donate, though, I donate to what I, at least, deem worthwhile causes. http://www.sheldrickwildlifetrust.org/
12ax7

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure, there are far more worthy causes, but I guess to their fans (and by the looks of the hits their videos are getting, they've got thousands of loyal fans), what's 5$ to them if they've been entertained by them for what appears to have been a couple of years?
NYC_Gal 2.0

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like I said: to each their own. There are way more fans of the real housewives, and that show's a pile of steaming dung.
wylies99

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If they want to stay in Korea then let them do what the rest of us must do and that's GET A JOB. Didn't they used to teach at a GEPIK school? There are plenty of jobs at schools. Maybe they can't pass the recent requirements?
Kepler

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if they could get in trouble with immigration. They both quit their teaching jobs and have been video blogging full time to support themselves in Korea. Canadians only have to leave the country once every six months if they don't have a visa.
Son Deureo!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Visa worries could be part of the reason they're trying to raise so much. IIRC, if you have W50mil+ you can qualify for a D8 investor visa.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Off-Topic Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: