Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Chuseok on the cheap!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Travel Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kona

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:17 pm    Post subject: Chuseok on the cheap! Reply with quote

I'm in Busan right now and am thinking that I'm probably not going to leave SK for chuseok, as prices for airfare and whatnot seem really high during this time.

I'm thinking of just checking out nearby temples around here, maybe hit up an island or two (not jeju, I'll do that another time). Also, was thinking about going up north to Seoul and Daegu as I've got friends up there.

Was wondering what you guys think of the plans, and also what are the cheapest ways to travel up north? I think KTX is all booked up, and I'm looking at either slower trains or just hitting up an express bus... Any suggestions?
JustinC

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was just speaking to a colleague who said Seoul is usually quiet but most places will stay open. It's most likely still going to have all of the expats there, as realistically it's just the Koreans who will be going to see their relations over that time.

And yes KTX is totally booked, apparently. Are there overnight buses you could take?
kona

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JustinC wrote:
I was just speaking to a colleague who said Seoul is usually quiet but most places will stay open. It's most likely still going to have all of the expats there, as realistically it's just the Koreans who will be going to see their relations over that time.

And yes KTX is totally booked, apparently. Are there overnight buses you could take?

Just got back to Busan. Yea, it wasn't quite as happening as I thought it would be, although I definitely did not get to see a mammoth portion of the city (stayed near city hall and gyeongbok-gun).

People weren't kidding when they said itaewon sucks; i mean, damn, what is it with the people in that area? my (girl) friends got molested, i was being hit on by some guy who "definitely wasn't gay" but really liked touching me, and some of the US military folks were just plain a**holes to the locals. I didn't think there were drugs in korea, but damn, after looking at some of the lost souls there, it sure seemed like there was....

But overall, had a blast; met some cool korean friends out in bucheon, got to see gyeongbuk-gun, north seoul tower, and some cool markets and tea houses. Definitely want to go back, but probably going to skip itaewon.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Travel Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: