Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pension: You've got questions, I'll have answers
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
postfundie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
For those who have questions that can be answered by reading the FAQ section of the NPS website....the correct answer to their question is, "Please refer to the FAQ section on the NPS website."
Institutions set up FAQ pages for a reason. I would prefer to keep the management fee of my pension as low as possible, There is no need for waste of time questions. I have no problem with them telling foreigners with typical questions to have a look at the English Website or drop by and pick up a FAQ sheet.

the person who started this thread is teaching English to the NPS people. That teacher specifically asked for questions that she/he would like to bring up in class......................that's why we post here....

here is the website for the NPS Faq..if you have time to sort through all 207 of the questions

http://english.nps.or.kr/erms/faq/english/FaqList.jsp?parentNodeId=NODE0000000107&nodeId=NODE0000000107&nodeName=&searchRange=0&question=&isSearchLog=true&isKeywordLog=true&log_id=737fc28:13ae4971837:289d135274033210&&pageNo=1
[url][/url]
tirinal

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm on a D-10 transitioning to a D-2 as I apply for graduate schools in Korea. I have about 10k USD in my pension and am visiting stateside come this December.

Is there a method, perhaps by using two one-way tickets rather than a roundtrip one, that I can claim my refund? Either at the airport or at a local pension office? I ask because I'd rather it not jeopardize the D-2 and have heard of them just confiscating the ARC at the airport or canceling whatever visa you are on and thereby not letting you back in the country.
Wildbore

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ask them how long it will take to fix an under-reported income and contribution embezzlement, where the employer deducted 4.5% from the ACTUAL pay (W2,000,000), but sent only 4.5% of the lower REPORTED monthly salary (W1,200,000).

I'm currently dealing with this now, made 3 requests to my old director to fix my pension and remit contributions...... 3 months later, still no result, even though he said he submitted new paperwork (lie). I'm thinking of making a formal complaint to the local pension office and health insurance office.
sligo

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am English and worked for a National u niversity for 4 years. I changed to a private university. I was told that i couldn't claim the money, which i figured.

Is it possible to transfer the contributions to my new private pension? Or could i demand that my new university pays into the government pension instead of the private pension that they offer?

I accrued 10 million won, and now i am being told i will lose the lot. How can i keep it?

is it possible to transfer it to my fiancee
Skippy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sligo wrote:
I am English and worked for a National University for 4 years. I changed to a private university. I was told that i couldn't claim the money, which i figured.

Is it possible to transfer the contributions to my new private pension? Or could i demand that my new university pays into the government pension instead of the private pension that they offer?

I accrued 10 million won, and now i am being told i will lose the lot. How can i keep it?

is it possible to transfer it to my fiancee

The transfer from public to private is a good question. I do not know. Still If your are English-Saram, then this would be a good option.

As an English citizen, sorry you are not eligible for a lump sump refund. The money is sort of yours, but you do not get it until you retire. Maybe you can wait till you are 65 to start claiming pension. Please help yourself and do your own work. Please read the agreement between England and Korea regarding pension. It is available on the National Pension website.

As to private pension, they operate under different rules then national. Once again more research is needed. Plus what always Evil or Very Mad is never given by some people, DETAILS! What private pension is your University under? Help us by giving more information, if possible.

Transferring to your fianc�e. Umm once again.... details ... where is she from. Maybe just maybe there is sort of alternatives. But sorry to break it to you - fianc�e is meaningless. When you actually walk down the aisle then maybe something can be done.
young_clinton

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is maddening. So my understanding from the NPS website is because I have left Korea and I am residing in the USA, I have to use the Social Security Administration for a Lump Sum Refund. Is this true?

The guy at the social security administration told me that I have to be 60 years. That is not true, the NPS website says all I have to do to be eligible for the lump sum payment is leave Korea permanently.

Anyhow, for the Lump Sum payment I am pretty sure you use the form "Application for Korean Benefits under Agreement on Social Security Between the Republic of Korea and the U.S.A". found on the NPS website.
However, The Social Security people told me that I also have to fill out the form "Application for Benefits under a U.S. International Social Security Agreement" and hand both forms into the Social Security Office. Is this correct?

As far as the first NPS document, on Part F "Application for a Lump Sum Benefit" what do I check? There is no "leaving Korea" square to check nor is thier an "other" box to check on Part F.

For documents I was told the Social Security Office has to have a birth certificate (not a problem) and "proof of residency".

Has anybody in the USA done this through the Social Security Administration? Also can I get my Lump Sum payment without going through the Social Security Administration all together? What is the simplest way to get my Lump Sum pension?
nautilus

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Is it possible for UK citizens to draw their Korean pension in a country other than Korea?

2. Are there any plans to make UK and ROK pension provisions reciprocal?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: