Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Anyone else watching the US debate today?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Off-Topic Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fosterman

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bring the empire home for 10 years, close all military camps and return all personal back to USA. that will wipe the debt.

simple as that.
ohhh no hang on, USA wants to control the world and sail around the world flexing their mussels and borrowing money which they can't pay back because they want to show off their guns!
16 trillion dollars in debt and rising. the debt will reach 100 trillion dollars by the end of the century. but that's ok, USA has no plan to ever pay it back.

the world government leaders have said.
"usa, bring your empire home and pay off your debts, you can't afford to police the world"

Last edited by fosterman on Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:21 am; edited 1 time in total
actionjackson

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lithium wrote:
fosterman wrote:
flakfizer wrote:
fosterman wrote:
stupid is what stupid does.

remember mc cain still got 44% of the votes. that means 44% of the people who voted actually believed he could do a better job than obama.

Why would those idiots possibly think that a man who had served his country in war time, had served 2 full terms in the House and over 3 full terms in the Senate be able to run the US better than a community organizer who had not even completed a full term in the senate?
Oh well, I'm sure those idiots sure feel silly now that they've seen what a great job Obama's been doing.

Actually Obama was a Senator!
and frankly he has done a great job!
you think The Republicans could of done a better job? when it was the republican who put the economy into the state it was in when Obama took office, NO of course not, because if Mc Cain would of won the free fall would of kept falling and the world would of been a different place today!
sorry.. I know.. Facts hurts.. but them the facts.

anyway, it's doesn't matter, just go back to 1960s until now and listen to the debates from the presidential candidates and you will hear all the same stuff being spoken today. Americans really can't work together. so don't ever expect anything to change in the United states.
it's all a scam for the rulers behind the closed doors.

Actually it was the Demacrats that caused the problems and it can be traced back to the Clinton admin. It was his Attorney General that forced banks to give out risky loans or face the consequences. Don't believe, the GOOGLE it.

Don't forget that the Demacrats controled Congress when the crap hit the fan and Obama was a Senator then.

Are you sure it was just the democrats? If I recall correctly, there was something in the '80's with Reagan, deregulation, and a savings and loan scandal.
newb

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fosterman wrote:
bring them empire home for 10 years, all military camps, closed them down, and return all personally back to USA. that will wipe the debt.

simple as that.
ohhh no hang on, USA wants to control the world and sail around the world flexing their mussels and borrowing money which they can't pay back because they want to show off their guns!
16 trillion dollars in debt and raising. the debt will reach 100 trillion dollars by the end of the century. but that's ok, USA has no plan to ever pay it back.

the whole world government leaders have said.
"usa, bring your empire home and pay off your debts, you can't afford to police the world"

I agree with you. But please tell me who will police the world and save the part(s) of the world that's in trouble. Do you think europe today would exist without US intervention? Do you think Asia today would exist without US intervention?

I like to believe that we live relatively in peace because we believe in whooping some butts of tyrants.
fosterman

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

newb wrote:
fosterman wrote:
bring them empire home for 10 years, all military camps, closed them down, and return all personally back to USA. that will wipe the debt.

simple as that.
16 trillion dollars in debt and raising. the debt will reach 100 trillion dollars by the end of the century. but that's ok, USA has no plan to ever pay it back.

I agree with you. But please tell me who will police the world and save the part(s) of the world that's in trouble. Do you think europe today would exist without US intervention? Do you think Asia today would exist without US intervention?

I like to believe that we live relatively in peace because we believe in whooping some butts of tyrants.

you are right , but does the US military need to be settled in so many countries to fight tyrants?
obama is talking about streamlining the military, using technology and intelligence to reduce the burden. well, why not just come home and dock all the carriers and subs in Hawaii and the east coast, and just sit there and wait for some chit to go down. once something kicks off, mobilize them, the difference of a couple days to get them to the location of war wont make a huge difference. but will save trillions of dollars
Leon

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

newb wrote:
fosterman wrote:

simple as that.

Don't you mean because we believe in supporting useful tyrants until they are no longer able to provide for American interests.
flakfizer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fosterman wrote:
and return all personal back to USA.

flexing their mussels

Just to be clear; You're backing Obama, correct?
fosterman

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

flakfizer wrote:
fosterman wrote:

flexing their mussels

why do you ask?
cheezsteakwit

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fosterman wrote:
flakfizer wrote:
fosterman wrote:

flexing their mussels

why do you ask?

I haven't followed this thread but I think he's 'having a go' at you because you misused the word 'mussel' instead of 'muscle' & 'personal' instead of 'personnel' & he's implying only a moron would vote for Obama.
Swampfox10mm

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been pretty direct about wanting to see Obama out of office.

At the same time, if he wins, it will be somewhat fun watching him have to own-up to everything that happens in the next 4 years (or see where he tries to push the blame off on next -- Republicans in congress?). That, however, would be pretty tragic for the country.

In any case, as my father said, the only time anything necessary gets done is when we have one party with the presidency and the other in total control of the house/senate. Such was the case under much of Clinton's reign, and as much as Democrats like to take credit for that, Clinton didn't get ANYTHING done without working together with the Republican-controlled legislature.

Which again highlights how much Obama is NOT Bill Clinton, and needs to get the heck out. He has a "my way or the highway" attitude and prefers to find ways around working with people.

Romney HAS a record of working with Democrats. He HAS an excellent record as governor of his state (although the media doesn't want to talk about this, for obvious reasons). Also, he HAS actual business experience.

Obama... no.
fosterman

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swampfox10mm wrote:

Romney HAS a record of working with Democrats. He HAS an excellent record as governor of his state (although the media doesn't want to talk about this, for obvious reasons). Also, he HAS actual business experience.

Obama... no.

that is so not true.

I mean when you have Mitch McConnell come out on record and say
we will do what ever we can to prevent Obama getting a second term
it clearly means to Obama don't bother knocking on the republicans door
because they are not interested in working together. they clearly want you gone and will veto anything you put forward so come election time we have things to say to the American people how you have failed the country!
republicans call themselves patriots?
newb

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leon wrote:
newb wrote:
fosterman wrote:

simple as that.

Don't you mean because we believe in supporting useful tyrants until they are no longer able to provide for American interests.

This is exactly why we should let the world sink or swim on their own. Better yet, let russians and chinese police the world.
Zyzyfer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheezsteakwit wrote:
fosterman wrote:
flakfizer wrote:
fosterman wrote:

flexing their mussels

why do you ask?

I haven't followed this thread but I think he's 'having a go' at you because you misused the word 'mussel' instead of 'muscle' & 'personal' instead of 'personnel' & he's implying only a moron would vote for Obama.

It may also be a case of trying to counter this.

Personally, I think that giving yourself a good stretch by tugging on some mussels is a great way to stay fit. I'd also view a lack of concern about the written word as an issue that does not perceive political divides.
actionjackson

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swampfox10mm wrote:
I've been pretty direct about wanting to see Obama out of office.

At the same time, if he wins, it will be somewhat fun watching him have to own-up to everything that happens in the next 4 years (or see where he tries to push the blame off on next -- Republicans in congress?). That, however, would be pretty tragic for the country.

In any case, as my father said, the only time anything necessary gets done is when we have one party with the presidency and the other in total control of the house/senate. Such was the case under much of Clinton's reign, and as much as Democrats like to take credit for that, Clinton didn't get ANYTHING done without working together with the Republican-controlled legislature.

Which again highlights how much Obama is NOT Bill Clinton, and needs to get the heck out. He has a "my way or the highway" attitude and prefers to find ways around working with people.

Obama... no.

Really, you call this working with your legislature? And I highlighted why his legislature was so heavily democratic.
Quote:
In Mitt Romney's 4 years of political experience, he signed 844 vetoes. He was perhaps the most vetoing governor in Massachusetts history. He claimed in the debate with Obama that he was good at working with the opposition party which controlled 87% of the legislature. In reality he was an obstructionist, the embodiment of "No". Because the legislature 707 times overrode his vetoes, he was an ineffectual governor. He suffered a great defeat in the midterm elections. Having spent 3 million to defeat Democratic legislators, his campaign increased Democratic legislators. Of his 844 vetoes, 707 were overridden. "The Boston Globe reported that in 100 instances Democrats did not challenge Romney and his vetoes stood. In cases when the Senate challenged him, Romney was overridden every time. When the House challenged him, Romney was overridden more than 99 percent of the time, the Globe reported, based on statistics from the House minority leader�s office."
http://www.masslive.com/politics/index.ssf/2012/07/how_often_were_mitt_romneys_ma.html
Yep, teamwork!
Gorf

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some mod move this awful thread to the awful politics forum where awful threads go.
Kepler

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The numbers keep getting better for Obama. He leads in most of swing states. Now Virginia is predicted to go blue.
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2012/president/2012_elections_electoral_college_map_no_toss_ups.html
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Off-Topic Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: