Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Have American Women's Rights Regressed?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Off-Topic Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Leon

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dodge7 wrote:
Let them regress (jk)
But women's rights only came into being because the people in power knew that if women worked and got out of being stay-at-home mom's that they could be taxed. Because before then they could only tax 50% of the population, now they could tax everyone, and guess who would benefit from such a thing? Obama.

You've said several times your wife makes more money than you. I think Dodge 7 personally benefits from women's rigth to work more than Obama, or most people.
Who's Your Daddy?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think womens right groups point to increased female workforce participation as a choice and victory, but it is more economic necessity and not choice.

I don't think this is due to Reagan's policies, or Clinton's policies, or Obama's, or Bushes. It wasn't because of the government. The trend happened during their periods of office, but that's all. It happened in other countries too.

It is happening now in S Korea. Housing and living costs have gone up so much, women must work too to cover them.

Women will continue to work and get to higher level positions because they are working more, and because they are getting well educated (think about university it was pretty even men/women).

Women will also get richer than before, because the economy has shifted to reward brains over brawns (the manufacturing jobs have gone).
TheUrbanMyth

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucheon bum wrote:
Dodge7 wrote:
Obama is a puppet and the economy has gotten worse every year he's been in office (and he's still blaming Bush lol) and the unemployment has gone up still since he's been in office. Not to mention he spends money like a millionaire with a week to live. Spent MORE money than ALL previous presidents C-O-M-B-I-N-E-D.
He sucks, and he's getting the boot in November, thank God.l

Do you have any link or stat to back that assertion up? And if you factor in inflation, that's wrong.

In regards to November, unfortunately for you, polls say otherwise right now. Obama is currently favored to win next month.

It all depends on the polls you read.

If one were to Google say "Polls put Rommy ahead of Obama" he would be presented with a number of polls that say just that
such as the( latest) CBS poll, the Pew poll, RealClearPolitics Poll and the Rasmussen poll.

As for Obama spending more money I agree with what you said. Also is that not CONGRESS that has control over the purse strings...as opposed to the President?
yodanole

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Times have been better...... Very Happy

http://www.austincc.edu/dlauderb/2341/images/Good%20Wife's%20Guide%201955.JPG
Kuros

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheUrbanMyth wrote:
bucheon bum wrote:
Dodge7 wrote:
Obama is a puppet and the economy has gotten worse every year he's been in office (and he's still blaming Bush lol) and the unemployment has gone up still since he's been in office. Not to mention he spends money like a millionaire with a week to live. Spent MORE money than ALL previous presidents C-O-M-B-I-N-E-D.

Do you have any link or stat to back that assertion up? And if you factor in inflation, that's wrong.

In regards to November, unfortunately for you, polls say otherwise right now. Obama is currently favored to win next month.

If one were to Google say "Polls put Rommy ahead of Obama" he would be presented with a number of polls that say just that
such as the( latest) CBS poll, the Pew poll, RealClearPolitics Poll and the Rasmussen poll.

As for Obama spending more money I agree with what you said. Also is that not CONGRESS that has control over the purse strings...as opposed to the President?

No, it doesn't depend on the polls you read. Because the optimal way to read polls is to read them ALL, then average them, like these:

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/polls/

http://polltracker.talkingpointsmemo.com/
bucheon bum

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kuros wrote:
TheUrbanMyth wrote:
bucheon bum wrote:
Dodge7 wrote:

No, it doesn't depend on the polls you read. Because the optimal way to read polls is to read them ALL, then average them, like these:

Or, if you want to read someone else's explanation of all the polls (from a statistics POV, not a political one), I suggest fivethirtyeight in the NYT. I apologize for repeatedly mentioning it, but I've become kinda hooked.
TheUrbanMyth

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kuros wrote:
TheUrbanMyth wrote:
bucheon bum wrote:
Dodge7 wrote:

I was responding to the factual accuracy of Mr B.B's claim that polls say Obama is favoured to win next month...NOT about how polls should be read or averaged.

Yes there are polls that say Obama should win next month.

There are also polls that say Rommy should win (as can be seen in the first link you so kindly provided)
Zackback

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought NYC gal would have chimed in on this by now.
catman

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nero wrote:
OP, this is entirely the wrong place to try and open a dialogue about this. Seriously, you know the types of guys that are on Daves.

They think a 'real woman' is one who exists explicitly for them. The type of white, heterosexual, university educated male who is still adament they have had a disadvantaged life.

Agreed 100%. I can't believe the amount of jaded males on this site who whine about feminism back home.

I hear guys like this out at the bars too. "I love Korean women! They know how to treat a man!. Not like those ball-busting feminists back home....etc"
Zackback

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iit is so much better in terms of the women here and in other Asian countries I have been too compared to the women back in the USA.

There is simply no comparison.

So many of these chicks will do anything for you..and I'm talking about the really hot ones too.
No way that would happen back in the USA. Notice I don't call it home because it ain't longer gonna be that anymore. The way the women are here compared with there was a large factor in my decision never to go back. Aw man...if she went there there they would corrupt her big time. I give her just a few stories of what they are like and she is in shock...to the point of not wanting to even go there anyway.
KimchiNinja

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

catman wrote:
I hear guys like this out at the bars too. "I love Korean women! They know how to treat a man!. Not like those ball-busting feminists back home....etc"

What's your point?
KimchiNinja

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zackback wrote:
Iit is so much better in terms of the women here and in other Asian countries I have been too compared to the women back in the USA.

So many of these chicks will do anything for you..and I'm talking about the really hot ones too.
No way that would happen back in the USA. Notice I don't call it home because it ain't longer gonna be that anymore. The way the women are here compared with there was a large factor in my decision never to go back. Aw man...if she went there there they would corrupt her big time. I give her just a few stories of what they are like and she is in shock...to the point of not wanting to even go there anyway.

You're a real dude, +100. The beer anytime is on me. Cool

My woman already spent a couple years in the US, she knows all about how disgusting the women are there and wasn't impressed or moved. They attempted all the standard corruption tactics; "why don't you become a feminist (uhh like they are so happy), why don't you stop being good to your man, why don't you stop cooking for him, why don't you stop being respectful to him until he 'earns it', etc". It didn't work on her because she is free-minded and can't be swayed by fools.

We just find it interesting how they all instinctively want to stop what they view as "their competition" from being good to men, so the local guys don't get used to a good life and realize they are being short-changed in the USA.

The rest of you can now continue with your brain-washed silliness...
PatrickGHBusan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KimchiNinja wrote:
Zackback wrote:

You're a real dude, +100. The beer anytime is on me. Cool

My woman already spent a couple years in the US, she knows all about how disgusting the women are there and wasn't impressed or moved. They attempted all the standard corruption tactics; "why don't you become a feminist (uhh like they are so happy), why don't you stop being good to your man, why don't you stop cooking for him, why don't you stop being respectful to him until he 'earns it', etc". It didn't work on her because she is free-minded and can't be swayed by fools.

We just find it interesting how they all instinctively want to stop what they view as "their competition" from being good to men, so the local guys don't get used to a good life and realize they are being short-changed in the USA.

The rest of you can now continue with your brain-washed silliness...

Hey look, time travel does exist, here is a man from the 1800s.
NYC_Gal 2.0

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zackback wrote:
I thought NYC gal would have chimed in on this by now.

It's less fun without angry women posting, isn't it? Wink

Go on, fellas. I'm enjoying the read.
madoka

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PatrickGHBusan wrote:

Hey look, time travel does exist, here is a man from the 1800s.

Zackback just needs to realize that he's on the wrong continent. There is a paradise out there waiting for him:

http://www.globalpost.com/dispatches/globalpost-blogs/weird-wide-web/zimbabwe-woman-fined-court-failing-give-husband-best-cuts-chicken

A Zimbabwean man assaulted his wife and hauled her to the village court for failing to serve him the choicest cuts of chicken for dinner.

Jabulani Ncube, 40, was furious that wife Nomusa Sibanda, 24, had slaughtered a chicken for the evening meal but kept the breast and leg portions for herself, a Zimbabwean newspaper reported.

According to local traditions, the tastiest parts of a chicken � including the back, breasts and drumsticks � should be reserved for the man of the house.

But Ncube said he was only served a gizzard, wings and one drumstick, and accused his wife of being �uncultured and disrespect�ful," the Sunday News said.

The village court agreed: the headman of Nkayi, northeast of Bulawayo, last week found Sibanda guilty of contravening local custom, and fined her one chicken.

Her grandmother, Gogo MaDawu, was also fined a chicken for failing to teach Sibanda "how to treat her husband and dish out meals," the Daily News said.

Ncube warned he would file for divorce if Sibanda failed to respect the �offense."

But according to the newspaper, an unrepentant Sibanda complained: �How long shall I slaughter chick�ens and not taste the back portion?�
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Off-Topic Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: