Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Western Women w/ Korean Guys: Do You Get Evil Eyes?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
byrddogs

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

edwardcatflap wrote:
Quote:
Holy crap man, how does she tolerate this incessant vomit inducing ranting against her own country and its people?

Plenty of Korean women hook up with foreigners because they themselves dislike their own culture and especially what they see as society's attitude to certain ways of behaving. In these cases I've seen Korean women join in when their husband/boyfriend starts ranting against their own country. Just because you're born in a place doesn't mean you have to like it or its people as a group

I can see your point here. My ex of 5 years while in Korea finally got fed up with the place and moved to Switzerland. She said that she doesn't ever want to live there again. I can't imagine why after being held at knife-point in an elevator by some wacko, being stalked at a previous job to the point where she feared for her life because of something that she had reported on by another wacko that had trapped her from trying to leave her workplace finally (the police were in a long stand-off with this nut-case for hours in this instance), constantly being followed by and propositioned by random wackos. Lots of people on here harp about how safe Korea is. Obviously, those that do aren't Korean women.
crescent

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PatrickGHBusan wrote:
Yeah sorry, have quite a few western female friends married to K-men. Some still in Korea, some having moved to other places. That must have been unclear to you in your giddy hurry to respond.

You do not have quite a few western female friends who are married to Korean men. I wonder how you quantify 'quite a few'. If it's over 3, you're exaggerating if not full out lying.
PatrickGHBusan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

crescent wrote:
PatrickGHBusan wrote:
Yeah sorry, have quite a few western female friends married to K-men. Some still in Korea, some having moved to other places. That must have been unclear to you in your giddy hurry to respond.

You do not have quite a few western female friends who are married to Korean men. I wonder how you quantify 'quite a few'. If it's over 3, you're exaggerating if not full out lying.

By our last count it is 13 western women we (my wife and I) know who are married to Korean men. Some met them in Korea. Some in their home countries while those guys were there for work or other reasons.
Out of the lot and from the top of my head it breaks down thus:

5 Canucks (one of these even double dipped! She married one K-guy, they divoreced and GASP, she married another one), 4 Americans, 2 French (France), 1 Italian and 1 Peruvian.

Some we met while living in Korea and others here in Canada.

If you want, I can run a survey and publish the data? Would that help you out? Laughing

No exageration or lying, sorry to dissapoint you but we all have different social circles.

I know it is hard for you to understand, grasp or even accept but some western women DO marry Korean men. It DOES happen and many of them ARE happy. I suppose ultimately that the divorce rate will mirror that of the average divorce rate for most marriages if that is any consolation.
crescent

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PatrickGHBusan wrote:

If you want, I can run a survey and publish the data? Would that help you out? Laughing

Yes, actually. Not only do I think you are lying about the amount, you are lying about relating their experience on the topic of this thread because I don't believe you questioned all of them on the subject. (especially the ones that didn't live in Korea)

Judging by the last line of your last post, I don't believe you even know the topic of the thread.
NYC_Gal 2.0

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have 2 western friends and one western acquaintance who are married to Korean guys. One's Irish, one's American, and one's English. The two guys that I'm friendly with (I haven't met the acquaintance's husband) are great guys.

One of the ladies told me that people used to ask her husband "how much?" as if he were her pimp, and she certainly did not dress like a prostitute.
hiamnotcool

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NYC_Gal 2.0 wrote:

One of the ladies told me that people used to ask her husband "how much?" as if he were her pimp, and she certainly did not dress like a prostitute.

Do you think that was a serious question? It sounds like they were just trying to insult him. I've wondered about how the foreign women that are married to koreans are treated. I have plenty that have dated korean men, but none that have married them. None of my friends that dated korean men seemed to have issues, but they weren't the type to have korean friends that were women. I've been told korean women are catty towards foreign women, and towards each other.

I wish more foreign girls would contribute to this.
Steelrails

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

crescent wrote:
PatrickGHBusan wrote:

Yes, actually. Not only do I think you are lying about the amount, you are lying about relating their experience on the topic of this thread because I don't believe you questioned all of them on the subject. (especially the ones that didn't live in Korea)

Judging by the last line of your last post, I don't believe you even know the topic of the thread.

Dude, if you spend a significant amount of time in the Korean community overseas you're going to meet some 1st and 1.5 generation Koreans married to non-Asians, and especially some 2nd generation Koreans.

And in Korea, you're going to meet at least one, then some of the half-Korean people over here teaching, often you'll meet their parents. Some of them have Korean fathers.

I'll agree 13 is quite a lot to know (though maybe not so if you live say, in Vancouver or Flushing, NY), but knowing 3-5 isn't some wild proposition.
Koharski
Mod Team
Mod Team

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once again, a thread asking for experiences of western women with Korean men as been taken over by guys, and ends in the usual insults and swipes at people that have a different point of view.

Please stick to the topic!!! If you have no experience dating a Korean man, MOVE ON!!!!

Koharski
Moondoggy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Western Women w/ Korean Guys: Do You Get Evil Eyes? Reply with quote

Dodge7 wrote:
Western men with Korean women know exactly what I'm talking about when we go out in public, society (mostly jealous K-men) hates it.
But I've always wondered about Western women and Korean guys. Do the Korean females ever give you evil eyes or show contempt for you two being out as a couple in public? I'd assume you get high fives from the K-guys when they see you, like yeah we got one!
It'd be interesting, but on average I'm assuming it's not as bad as with Western men and Korean women.
Let's see...

So you're a family man with a wife and a child and you post some crap like this on the internet? You're seriously sick or just need to hide away in shame. Anyways, the answer is YES, and girls (including k girls) get far more jealous of other women(including white girls) than men are jealous of other men.
Malislamusrex

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got a theory that most hot Korean girls who spend a lot of time and money enjoy giving guys the evil eyes because they are pissed off they are not getting attention.

The only reason a Korean guy wouldn't get it is because a younger girl wouldn't really be able to give the evil eye to a older man. They would just act polite and think he is a @#$% behind his back.
Captain Corea

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

crescent wrote:
PatrickGHBusan wrote:

While I have no idea how many he knows, I will say that it's easy to meet them if one knows where/how to look. There have been a few forums and FB groups that cater to "them", and if you have some as friends, you'll be invited to their outings and such (why does al that make it sound like some secret club??)

Anyways, just wanted to say that it's not out of the realm of possibilities to show up to a kid's birthday party and find 10 mixed couples - most of them being 'foreign' wives.
Seoulman69

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Anyways, just wanted to say that it's not out of the realm of possibilities to show up to a kid's birthday party and find 10 mixed couples - most of them being 'foreign' wives.

That's a good point but how many parties in Korea are you going to be invited to when you and your family lives in Canada? And how much detail can you go into when you meet them once a week, or once a year on your annual vacation to Korea?
Realistically how much insight can Patrick provide in this thread? His insistent defense of all that is Korea is particularly grating on a topic such as this considering his knowledge is next to nothing. We should be looking at posts by female posters who have provided some genuine insight instead of idiots who spiel either venom or sainthoods upon all that is Korean.
PatrickGHBusan

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

crescent wrote:
PatrickGHBusan wrote:

I did not question them you tool. They are friends and acquaintances of ours. We have a social relationship with them and wouldn't you know it, the topic of mixed couples tends to come up between us. How odd is that? I mean, mixed couples that know each other sharing experiences...that as Ralph of the Simpsons would say is Umpossible. Also, I know you may lack the awareness to figure this out but as the Captain said, there are ONLINE GROUPS, FB GROUPS for mixed couples. My wife joined one here where we live and we met tons of mixed couples that way and GASP guess what moron? Some are foreign woment married to Korean men! Holy mother of god, how is that even possible??? I must be lying again.

In Korea, there are also such groups and GASP, there are foreign women-Korean men couples.

So yeah we know about 13 such couples...but you think that is impossible...go figure.

I am completely aware of the topic here and commented on it more directly earlier. What is your take on this (except to come here and agrue with me and call me a liar)?

Do you "question" your friends and aquaintances? You must be the life of the party.

So again, I am not lying, but you can throw that accusation around all you want if it floats your little boat. Seriously, you are pathetic (yes that was me insulting you again but heck after you called me a liar a few times, I figured you had it coming).
crescent

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moron? Tool? Pathetic? You can't count, Mrs. Busan. Sorry, the trash talk only solidifies my take on your contribution here. You have no more 'real' insight to offer on this thread than I do. You are here to balance things out with your opinions, as is the case with every other thread that may cast a negative on Korea or Koreans..
What is more pathetic than someone with a compulsive need to pretend they know something about a subject they could not possibly know about? And then to invent female friends who have become intimate enough to share such insights? Yeah, you go girl.

You're full of it.

Last edited by crescent on Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Yaya

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll bet many Korean men with white women who look at least half decent use the women to show off to their friends. I've heard this from such women and many don't like it.

K-pop and K-dramas have gotten more white women (and not just the hideous types) to like Korean men.

Then you have his friends or coworkers wanting explicit details of how the white women are in bed.

I recently heard an old podcast of the Midnight Runner with three white women married to Korean men. I heard a little but it was funny. The woman said her man was dumping her every other week because of his parents, then would beg forgiveness (to the point of knocking on her door and being in a prostrative position) and to be taken back just as fast.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7

Jump to: