Site Search:
 
TEFL International Supports Dave's ESL Cafe
TEFL Courses, TESOL Course, English Teaching Jobs - TEFL International
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Does your Paris Baguette try to cheat on price?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
PatrickGHBusan



Joined: 24 Jun 2008
Location: Busan (1997-2008) Canada 2008 -

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swampfox10mm wrote:
thebearofbundang wrote:
Quote:

Swampfox10mm wrote:
Leon wrote:
Dodge7 wrote:
LOL at all the Beta males saying to go back and apologize. I swear most of you were born female.
I'm still asking, won't he lose face if he goes back and apologizes? All you apologists say to understand and respect the culture, well, you'd never see an ajussi apologize the next day for something like this.


Your stuck in a country you don't like because your wife makes more money than you, you're a beta male, bro.



In base pay, yes. But hey, I really don't care if you want to call me an alpha or a beta male.... I'm neither. You see, the thing that sucks most about having a wife that works her tootie off as a manager in a large company is that you end up not seeing her much (and when you do, she's too tired). She comes home with her stomach twisted in knots and envys my 4+ months per year of paid vacation.

So, the truth is... I'm neither an alpha male or a beta male... I am a MASTER-BETA male!


hmm...am I late in putting together that D7 and Swampy were the same person?
Damn...I feel like I've just been Dereked.



Lol.. I was wondering the same.. Makes sense now..



Don't start pushing this rumor. The mods will all be scratching their heads wondering why the IP's don't match.


That is probably because as swamp you post from home and as dodge you post from your sock computer. It is all an elaborate scheme...or you just made a mistake when you responded before. Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
cj1976



Joined: 26 Oct 2005

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PatrickGHBusan wrote:
Swampfox10mm wrote:
thebearofbundang wrote:
Quote:

Swampfox10mm wrote:
Leon wrote:
Dodge7 wrote:
LOL at all the Beta males saying to go back and apologize. I swear most of you were born female.
I'm still asking, won't he lose face if he goes back and apologizes? All you apologists say to understand and respect the culture, well, you'd never see an ajussi apologize the next day for something like this.


Your stuck in a country you don't like because your wife makes more money than you, you're a beta male, bro.



In base pay, yes. But hey, I really don't care if you want to call me an alpha or a beta male.... I'm neither. You see, the thing that sucks most about having a wife that works her tootie off as a manager in a large company is that you end up not seeing her much (and when you do, she's too tired). She comes home with her stomach twisted in knots and envys my 4+ months per year of paid vacation.

So, the truth is... I'm neither an alpha male or a beta male... I am a MASTER-BETA male!


hmm...am I late in putting together that D7 and Swampy were the same person?
Damn...I feel like I've just been Dereked.



Lol.. I was wondering the same.. Makes sense now..



Don't start pushing this rumor. The mods will all be scratching their heads wondering why the IP's don't match.


That is probably because as swamp you post from home and as dodge you post from your sock computer. It is all an elaborate scheme...or you just made a mistake when you responded before. Laughing


Rumbled.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dodge7



Joined: 21 Oct 2011

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swamp doesn't it make you laugh when people accuse you and I of being the same person and are so certain and try to look so smart but end up looking like complete fools (too bad we are the only ones who get to know 100% and laugh at them). ESL teachers on Dave's: couldn't make it in the CIA field back home and ended up in Korea to teach ABC's lol
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dodge7



Joined: 21 Oct 2011

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swampfox10mm wrote:
Leon wrote:
Dodge7 wrote:
LOL at all the Beta males saying to go back and apologize. I swear most of you were born female.
I'm still asking, won't he lose face if he goes back and apologizes? All you apologists say to understand and respect the culture, well, you'd never see an ajussi apologize the next day for something like this.


Your stuck in a country you don't like because your wife makes more money than you, you're a beta male, bro.



In base pay, yes. But hey, I really don't care if you want to call me an alpha or a beta male.... I'm neither. You see, the thing that sucks most about having a wife that works her tootie off as a manager in a large company is that you end up not seeing her much (and when you do, she's too tired). She comes home with her stomach twisted in knots and envys my 4+ months per year of paid vacation.

So, the truth is... I'm neither an alpha male or a beta male... I am a MASTER-BETA male! Laughing

Swamp I can see why they do think we are the same person, why are you addressing a comment that was directed at me? And in case anyone pays attention here, Swamp says he gets 4 months paid vaca., while people know, and my post history proves, I work at a crappy after school program.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
newb



Joined: 27 Aug 2012
Location: Korea

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just go back to PB. Apologize and pay for the stuff.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NYC_Gal 2.0



Joined: 10 Dec 2010

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe the shoe just fit and he thought that he was being addressed.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Swampfox10mm



Joined: 24 Mar 2011

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's all in fun, Dodge. I just enjoy watching the apologists get their panties in a bunch.

Dave's has become somewhat of a laughing stock in the ESL community due to the "protected" posters and their socks. The over-the-top apologists would make even my Korean friends snicker.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Unibrow



Joined: 20 Aug 2012

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you should burn down that PB. The guy in Itaewon didn't get in trouble. Just blame it on some local kids.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tiger fancini



Joined: 21 Mar 2006
Location: Testicles for Eyes

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swampfox10mm wrote:

Dave's has become somewhat of a laughing stock in the ESL community due to the "protected" posters and their socks. The over-the-top apologists would make even my Korean friends snicker.


I often wonder how much of the 'ESL community' actually knows (or gives two sh!ts) enough about Dave's to even make it a laughing stock. Surely people have better things to do with their time?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Swampfox10mm



Joined: 24 Mar 2011

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unibrow wrote:
I think you should burn down that PB. The guy in Itaewon didn't get in trouble. Just blame it on some local kids.


Seriously? He did not get in trouble?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
PatrickGHBusan



Joined: 24 Jun 2008
Location: Busan (1997-2008) Canada 2008 -

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swampfox10mm wrote:
It's all in fun, Dodge. I just enjoy watching the apologists get their panties in a bunch.

Dave's has become somewhat of a laughing stock in the ESL community due to the "protected" posters and their socks. The over-the-top apologists would make even my Korean friends snicker.




Laughing



You want to discuss socks, look around man, there are so many on here and some are damn obvious. Some people seem to love spending their time getting banned and creating new accounts. To each his own I guess.

Perhaps you should contact that uber-super-duper mod who bought this forum from Dave and is running it on his own server for fantastical profits.


Seriously, you and Dodge are not the same. Or at least it would be surprising.

Dave's ESL is not a laughing stock or a hot spot for the ESL community. In fact I suspect it is not all that well known and even more to the point not thought of much by your average Foreign Teacher in Korea. What Dave's is, is a lightning rod for some of the online community, some of which teach, some of which do not.

As for the PB episode, again, not a huge deal but you did react wrongly and acted immaturely because you must have been pissed off. No way opening the sealed package and not paying is ok. If you were that offended or angry, you could easily have asked to talk to the manager or supervisor and made your point. Instead you decided to throw a tantrum. No worries, it is all water under the bridge now and I suppose you will not visit that PB again, so it is win-win as you do not spend your Won there and they do not have to deal with you anymore. Everyone is happy.[/i]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jspark



Joined: 24 Oct 2011

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How old are you op? You sound like a preadolescent teen yearning for attention... "OMG, so I went to paris baguette and they tried to rip me off... except they didn't because the price was marked on the price tag! I so neeeed to post this on Daves because everyone needs to hear about my first world problems." Cmon, really? Move on! No one cares about every minor problem you run into while living korea. If you have something that'll benefit the community, do share, but if you're going to ramble on about something so minuscule, save us the time and rant about it to your wife.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dodge7



Joined: 21 Oct 2011

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jspark wrote:
How old are you op? You sound like a preadolescent teen yearning for attention... "OMG, so I went to paris baguette and they tried to rip me off... except they didn't because the price was marked on the price tag! I so neeeed to post this on Daves because everyone needs to hear about my first world problems." Cmon, really? Move on! No one cares about every minor problem you run into while living korea. If you have something that'll benefit the community, do share, but if you're going to ramble on about something so minuscule, save us the time and rant about it to your wife.

Apparently you like false advertising at worst and price manipulation at best. It's good to be on the look out for these kind of things, relax. I think you are the one sounding like the prepubescent teen here.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
The Cosmic Hum



Joined: 09 May 2003
Location: Sonic Space

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dodge7 wrote:
jspark wrote:
How old are you op? You sound like a preadolescent teen yearning for attention... "OMG, so I went to paris baguette and they tried to rip me off... except they didn't because the price was marked on the price tag! I so neeeed to post this on Daves because everyone needs to hear about my first world problems." Cmon, really? Move on! No one cares about every minor problem you run into while living korea. If you have something that'll benefit the community, do share, but if you're going to ramble on about something so minuscule, save us the time and rant about it to your wife.

Apparently you like false advertising at worst and price manipulation at best. It's good to be on the look out for these kind of things, relax. I think you are the one sounding like the prepubescent teen here.


So first we get Swamp answering D7's post...and now D7 is answering for Swamp.
Coincidence...I think not. Wink
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jspark



Joined: 24 Oct 2011

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dodge7 wrote:
jspark wrote:
How old are you op? You sound like a preadolescent teen yearning for attention... "OMG, so I went to paris baguette and they tried to rip me off... except they didn't because the price was marked on the price tag! I so neeeed to post this on Daves because everyone needs to hear about my first world problems." Cmon, really? Move on! No one cares about every minor problem you run into while living korea. If you have something that'll benefit the community, do share, but if you're going to ramble on about something so minuscule, save us the time and rant about it to your wife.

Apparently you like false advertising at worst and price manipulation at best. It's good to be on the look out for these kind of things, relax. I think you are the one sounding like the prepubescent teen here.


Sorry, but I don't take anything seriously from someone who thinks alphas and betas actually mean anything in society. Everything you say automatically becomes invalid. Continue trolling good sir.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


This page is maintained by the one and only Dave Sperling.
Contact Dave's ESL Cafe
Copyright © 2013 Dave Sperling. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group

TEFL International Supports Dave's ESL Cafe
TEFL Courses, TESOL Course, English Teaching Jobs - TEFL International