Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

3 girls kill themselves... :(
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current Events Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Unibrow

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave Chance wrote:
We took a closer look at this issue in a class I teach.

Turns out the rate of suicide doubled after the IMF came to town and drastically "restructured" things in favor of upper management (jobs cut or converted to part-time with no benefits, lower salaries, etc).

Also seems George Soros (chums with IMF) significantly contributed to the '97 economic crisis in Asia by buying and then abrubtly selling huge quantities of Thai bhat.

Yeah, the IMF sucks.
NohopeSeriously

Location: The Christian Right-Wing Educational Republic of Korea

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're living in an Asian country with a very small land and a huge number of people.

Neglect your humanity because you have to compete like an untamed and dangerous wild animal in order to survive in a very hectic country like Korea. And this is the most unfortunate thing for this country's society.

As my church member said "acting like a well-mannered gentleman is a big no-no in Korea and it is dangerous how this kind of social attitude is destroying democracy and fattening the elites".
postfundie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Dave Chance wrote:

Turns out the rate of suicide doubled after the IMF came to town and drastically "restructured" things in favor of upper management (jobs cut or converted to part-time with no benefits, lower salaries, etc).

Also seems George Soros (chums with IMF) significantly contributed to the '97 economic crisis in Asia by buying and then abrubtly selling huge quantities of Thai bhat.

Yeah, the IMF sucks.

I hate this argument, put forth mostly by the Chang HaJoon types. Other countries have been put under similar pressure by the IMF and they don't have the suicide rates that this country has. Denouncing those who get counseling is probably the biggest contributing factor. Of course, we must always blame Japan and the IMF.
Dave Chance

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I hate this argument, put forth mostly by the Chang HaJoon types. Other countries have been put under similar pressure by the IMF and they don't have the suicide rates that this country has. Denouncing those who get counseling is probably the biggest contributing factor. Of course, we must always blame Japan and the IMF.

Alright, have a look at this then. Their suicide rate may be lower, but the (non-elite) people haven't exactly benefitted from the IMF/WTO et al

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XB6EHRjNn-w
Titus

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave Chance wrote:

Soros is a cockroach.

I'm typing on my crappy blackverry so can't look it up now but an economist in Holland plotted IMF v suicide and found a really shocking relatioonship. A good loyal government would execute IMF people upon landing in country.

IMF is the global enforcer of the reign of usury.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current Events Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: