Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

American Thanksgiving Dinners in Seoul 2012
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
faeriehazel

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did anyone try the Craftworks Thanksgiving dinner last year? How was it?

We went to Suji's last year. Never. Again.
El Bandito

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

faeriehazel wrote:

I went to Suji's ONCE. It was a slow night and we had to wait forever for a menu and water. I got so pissed I got up and walked out.
hogwonguy1979

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

faeriehazel wrote:

Craftworks was blah, then again their food has been blah lately. Did find out they got their turkeys from Dragon Hill

Not sure what we are doing this year, High Street has a deal for take out but man is it overpriced.

Maybe Bull and Barrell nothing else looks good
dairyairy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They have frozen turkeys at Yanjae Costco. They're next to the seafood section across from the alcohol that's on that first aisle after you get off the down escalator.
El Bandito

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dairyairy wrote:
They have frozen turkeys at Yanjae Costco. They're next to the seafood section across from the alcohol that's on that first aisle after you get off the down escalator.

I've also seen cooked whole turkey breasts at Costo (Ulsan) in the section with all the sliced deli meats and sausages. It was pretty expensive though, IRIC it was 23,000 won for 1 kg.
faeriehazel

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last year we just got a frozen one from High Street Market and cooked it ourselves (for Christmas). Only way to guarantee the turkey doesn't get cooked to death. Our friends got a cooked one from HSM and the breast meat was like dust in your mouth. I guess we might try Bull and Barrel this year.
dairyairy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

El Bandito wrote:
dairyairy wrote:

I've also seen cooked whole turkey breasts at Costo (Ulsan) in the section with all the sliced deli meats and sausages. It was pretty expensive though, IRIC it was 23,000 won for 1 kg.

I know what you're talking about, and that might do in a pinch, but isn't that really lunchmeat for sandwiches and subs?
dairyairy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did want to add that there are pumpkin pies at Costco. Has anyone noticed stuffing mix?
wannateachinKorea

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:25 pm    Post subject: Thanksgiving dinner Reply with quote

faeriehazel wrote:

Hello, trying to figure out where to go and I was considering Suji's. What didn't you like about it? Thanks!
faeriehazel

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:08 am    Post subject: Re: Thanksgiving dinner Reply with quote

wannateachinKorea wrote:
faeriehazel wrote:

Hello, trying to figure out where to go and I was considering Suji's. What didn't you like about it? Thanks!

The food was weird. For example, the stuffing had these HUGE chunks of bread in it. It's like someone tried to make stuffing based a vague description without even consulting a recipe. They would have been better off using the box stuff. The cornbread was like cake. Generally everything was just weirdly off, like the entire meal had been cooked by a Martian.
wannateachinKorea

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:08 am    Post subject: Re: Thanksgiving dinner Reply with quote

faeriehazel wrote:
wannateachinKorea wrote:
faeriehazel wrote:

The food was weird. For example, the stuffing had these HUGE chunks of bread in it. It's like someone tried to make stuffing based a vague description without even consulting a recipe. They would have been better off using the box stuff. The cornbread was like cake. Generally everything was just weirdly off, like the entire meal had been cooked by a Martian.

Hahaha...very funny description. I understand exactly what you mean. I will probably do Bull and Barrell instead. Laughing
patthebunny

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went with a group of friends to Craftworks last year. I was happy with the meal. A lot of food. I was not expecting culinary nirvana so I was not disappointed.

Every time I have gone to eat at Craftworks since then(friends like the beer) the food has been awful.
Zyzyfer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bit of civic duty, just saw this from Chili King.

turkey day ad

In the event it is not visible to others, Chili King is doing a Turkey Day meal on Sunday, November 24. Price is 40,000 won, time is 4 pm to 7 pm, the fare is standard Turkey Day fodder (turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing, cranberry sauce, etc).

Phone number is 02-795-1303, tix are limited, I am not affiliated with the business.

EDIT

Date was wrong, it is December 1.
dairyairy

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The frozen turkeys at Yanjae Costco average about 40,000-50,000 won. They're big so you'll need a full-size oven to cook them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: