Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korea Specific Craft Beer- IN BOTTLES

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hoost

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:46 am    Post subject: Korea Specific Craft Beer- IN BOTTLES Reply with quote

My dad is a total craft beer guy... we basically live near the Russian River Brewery which in my opinion has some of the best craft beers in America. Pliny the Elder, anyone??

Anyway, I will be going home for winter this year and my dad requested that I bring him back some Korean Craft Beers...

Does anyone know if there is such a thing? Basically beers that cannot be found at BevMo or something in the USA. I was thinking places like Magpie Brewing, Big Rock, or Craftwerks... but I don't know if they sell their beers in bottles... does anyone know if they do?

Any information would be delightful. Thanks.
jdog2050

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:53 am    Post subject: Re: Korea Specific Craft Beer- IN BOTTLES Reply with quote

Hoost wrote:
My dad is a total craft beer guy... we basically live near the Russian River Brewery which in my opinion has some of the best craft beers in America. Pliny the Elder, anyone??

Anyway, I will be going home for winter this year and my dad requested that I bring him back some Korean Craft Beers...

Does anyone know if there is such a thing? Basically beers that cannot be found at BevMo or something in the USA. I was thinking places like Magpie Brewing, Big Rock, or Craftwerks... but I don't know if they sell their beers in bottles... does anyone know if they do?

Any information would be delightful. Thanks.

Hey there,

I'm Jason from Magpie. Yes, we do sell our beer in 1 liter take out bottles. Craftworks does as well. That said, they are not factory-filled bottles so we don't make any guarantee about freshness *at the moment*--we recommend drinking within a week. I think the same basically goes for Craftworks but they have an on-tap filling system so their beer can be drunk within a month I believe (I could be wrong).

Also, Big Rock is Canadian so I think you might be able to find their beer in the States.

P.s.
If you take some to your dad, but sure to let us know what he thinks!
Hoost

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the really quick info! I'd like to visit Magpie and check out your stock.

Jason, my Dad also expressed Korea specific beer souvenirs like beersteins, mugs, etc. Does Magpie sell anything or do you have any ideas on this?
jdog2050

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hoost wrote:
Thanks for the really quick info! I'd like to visit Magpie and check out your stock.

Jason, my Dad also expressed Korea specific beer souvenirs like beersteins, mugs, etc. Does Magpie sell anything or do you have any ideas on this?

Nah, although I'm sure we could give you one of our posters if you tell the staff that night it's for your dad.

Craftworks has glasses and shirts though.
kardisa

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My boyfriend and I bought a set of the glasses from Craftworks, and I highly recommend them. Each glass is shaped and has artwork for a specific beer.
darkjedidave

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Am I able to bring my own growlers and fill up?
jdog2050

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

darkjedidave wrote:
Am I able to bring my own growlers and fill up?

You could...just be aware that neither we (Magpie) nor Craftworks have the ability to fill them properly. Craftworks has a bottle-filler specifically made for PET bottles, not glass growlers. Therefore, Magpie or Craftworks can fill the bottle, but the shelf life will not be very long because it will just be from the draft tap.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: