Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

�they are disgusting Serbs.�
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current Events Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rollo

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep Unibrow, Desoto killed hundreds of thousands of native people spreading disease. The Russians almost wiped out the population of the Sandwich islands spreading measles. of course the Chinese killed a couple of million Europeans with the plague.
the old chestnut about spreading smallpox has been long discredited. here is a hint, read historians, not linguist like Chomsky. You know his stuff could not get past a peer review.

Montana and Wyoming are desert??? What desert land are you taking about??
Titus

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nautilus wrote:
their own historic guilt?

I consider it a triumph.

If you want to cry about guilt and flail about madly proclaiming that he who got here first owns the place, then I want every Asiatic off the continent pronto:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/9110838/Stone-age-Europeans-were-the-first-to-set-foot-on-North-America.html

What do you think happened to those Europeans? They no longer exist. Maybe some reparations are needed.
nautilus

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Titus wrote:

If you want to cry about guilt and flail about madly proclaiming that he who got here first owns the place,

That is the criteria that most western countries applied to South Africa.

I bet you were wearing a free nelson mandela t-shirt and groaning at the awful white imperialist sef efricans.

Never mind that your country was stolen from the natives by massive bloodshed and genocide.

South africa functioned as a sort of self-righteous proxy guilt-atonement by the west. You get to keep your spoils because you killed all the natives. White south africans get to be kicked off their land because they didn't do the same.
Titus

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nautilus wrote:
Titus wrote:

If you want to cry about guilt and flail about madly proclaiming that he who got here first owns the place,

I bet you were wearing a free nelson mandela t-shirt and groaning at the awful white imperialist sef efricans.

You would not win that bet.
Kuros

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nautilus wrote:
Titus wrote:

Never mind that your country was stolen from the natives by massive bloodshed and genocide.

You're hilarious. I'm sorry your parents lost their land in Zimbabwe or South Africa or wherever, but I don't feel a lick of guilt for what Americans did over a century ago.

How about this? I'll admit the Americans were cruel and unfair to many Indian tribes, particularly the Nez Perce and the Cherokee, if you can admit that Cortes's conquest of the Aztecs was a righteous crusade against human-sacrificing fatalist Mexica imperialists.
Fox

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kuros wrote:
if you can admit that Cortes's conquest of the Aztecs was a righteous crusade against human-sacrificing fatalist Mexica imperialists.

Be careful, lest we inflict upon you Dances with Coyotes, the tale of a middle-aged Spaniard who became one with the Aztecs and learned their intrinsic moral superiority.

Speaking of South Africa, there are three South Africans in my small mountain town. Two are planning to immigrate to either Canada or Australia. One seems to be planning on staying in Korea indefinitely. I've yet to meet any South Africans eager to return to their homeland; the common consensus seems to be, "Get the Hell out while you can."
young_clinton

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fox wrote:
Kuros wrote:
if you can admit that Cortes's conquest of the Aztecs was a righteous crusade against human-sacrificing fatalist Mexica imperialists.

Be careful, lest we inflict upon you Dances with Coyotes, the tale of a middle-aged Spaniard who became one with the Aztecs and learned their intrinsic moral superiority.

One thing for certain is Cortez did not defeat the Aztecs. He provided armor and artillery for the other Indians that hated the Aztecs (I wonder for what reason? Laughing) and they defeated the Aztecs and Cortez took advantage of the vacuum. So Cortez became involved in a righteous crusade. If I am correct the reason for the uprising at the time against the Aztecs is they wanted something like 1000's more captives to pull thier hearts out.

Yeah the Spanish destruction of the Aztec Empire was an absolute abomination. The captives wanted to be sacrificed Laughing and Cortez was interfering Laughing I remember when I was in a university political science class this idiot came in and gave an enlightened speech something like that. There was also something about how Charles V was so interested in the Native American societies but the Church.................. . Basically the bullocks that was being dished out at the time.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current Events Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: