Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bringing Family...Good or Bad Idea?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PatrickGHBusan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What Ttom said.

With the situation you described OP, you guys should be just fine.

I do agree with swampthing that pollution can be an issue. If it is for you, perhaps you should consider another, smaller city that is less polluted.

An other option (outside of the Uni jobs) is to work at (one of you anyway) at a Hakwon that offers kindergarten classes-activities. I know a couple of people who did that (Busan and Daegu) and had the chance to have their kids attend the hakwon they worked at for free. It worked out well for them but maybe it does not fit your needs OP.

At any rate, good luck!
Died By Bear

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't let the kids loose inside a sauna w/out 100% supervision either.
lithium

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No_hite_pls wrote:
Dodge7 wrote:
I always feel so bad for the children involved when I read posts like this.

Dodge, me and others posters are really sick of your not helpful rude posts. Please, go back to your right wing, tea bag/Romney rally until you have something helpful to add.

Must you use vulgarity on the boards?
OneWayTraffic

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ewlandon wrote:
Swampfox10mm wrote:
The pollution is a very big concern. I'm being kind when I say that much of Seoul (with the exception of some areas in Kangnam) can be a real dump. The newer sidewalks in some areas have really helped.

The biggest problem, however, is the pollution that blows in from China. It leaves a dirty haze on everything, and turns walls of buildings a dead color.

yeah that makes a ton of sense.

New sidewalks help with pollution?

One of the largest cities in the world and you blame the pollution problem on the wind and china.

Yes.

Anyone who lives in Korea for long enough knows that the Koreans do what they can to have the air quality at a reasonable level. The taxis run on LPG, the buses have mostly been transferred over to natural gas, there's a reliance on public transport, etc.

They do what they can.

What they can't affect is the large amounts of dust blowing in from the Gobi desert carrying various pollutants from Chinese coastal factories as it comes.
ewlandon

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OneWayTraffic wrote:
ewlandon wrote:
Swampfox10mm wrote:
The pollution is a very big concern. I'm being kind when I say that much of Seoul (with the exception of some areas in Kangnam) can be a real dump. The newer sidewalks in some areas have really helped.

The biggest problem, however, is the pollution that blows in from China. It leaves a dirty haze on everything, and turns walls of buildings a dead color.

yeah that makes a ton of sense.

New sidewalks help with pollution?

One of the largest cities in the world and you blame the pollution problem on the wind and china.

Yes.

Anyone who lives in Korea for long enough knows that the Koreans do what they can to have the air quality at a reasonable level. The taxis run on LPG, the buses have mostly been transferred over to natural gas, there's a reliance on public transport, etc.

They do what they can.

What they can't affect is the large amounts of dust blowing in from the Gobi desert carrying various pollutants from Chinese coastal factories as it comes.

and most people also know that anytime you have 10-20 million people living in a small area no ammount of LPG and air quality control will keep the place from having high levels of pollution. Anyway yellow dust does blow down from china, but just like LA (with strict laws to help air quality) the pollution is bad due to the simple fact that its a big city.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: