Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

KEB Bank

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Highwayman

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:43 am    Post subject: KEB Bank Reply with quote

They told me they don't do debit cards enabled for international purchases through the Internet (e.g. buying plane tickets from Expedia).

They also said that getting a genuine credit card, where you don't have to front the money in a separate account, is not a likely option.

Why does everyone like this bank so much? What are the other options for cards in Korea that allow for purchases through non-domestic websites?
ttompatz

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:59 pm    Post subject: Re: KEB Bank Reply with quote

Highwayman wrote:
They told me they don't do debit cards enabled for international purchases through the Internet (e.g. buying plane tickets from Expedia).

They also said that getting a genuine credit card, where you don't have to front the money in a separate account, is not a likely option.

Why does everyone like this bank so much? What are the other options for cards in Korea that allow for purchases through non-domestic websites?

If you work at a hagwan there aren't any.

Daniel1981

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use my Shinhan checking card. It is a debit card, but is setup as a visa card. It has a visa number, visa logo, etc. But no credit line...

I created it in January 2011.

I've used it on at least 60 sites successfully. It only did not work on 1 site, which was not setup to handle Korean-style addresses.
giraffe

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a KEB credit card and I'm neither Hagwon teacher or public school / I actually dont teach at alll nor have a job with any korean employers... ANd I didn't have to front the money either. If you have P1 ( prime 1 vip) status at KEB they will give you whatever credit card you want... At least, it has been my case...

I heard people having no problem applying for a samsung card which isnt issued at banks so you might have a better chance looking at samsung.
cincynate

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

By "They" i'm assuming that you spoke to only one person. Go back again and talk to someone else. You can get a international check card and credit card no problem.. Just keep asking different tellers/ go to another branch to open your account.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: