Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2012 Election Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current Events Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rteacher

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So far, MSNBC/NBC is the only major network to call the Presidential race (and they did so around 11:20 pm East coast time) http://elections.msnbc.msn.com/ns/politics/2012/all#.UJnkoLGHI8w
No_hite_pls

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fox news and CNN have too.
bucheon bum

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, Fox News declaring him the winner confirmed it for me.
visitorq

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fosterman wrote:
I'm just happy to see that smug smirked face Romney and his wife finally off the TV's! BYE BYE and good riddance! his policies are reckless and dangerous!!

see ya !!! Loser!

Above all, the main reason I would love to see Obama lose is not because I want Romney to win, but simply because I would love to see all the liberal whiners squirm in defeat. All the smug, hypocritical liars and charlatans like Michael Moore, Bill Maher, Rachel Maddow, and the whole MSNBC crowd who spent the entire Bush years bitching and moaning but have since gleefully ignored all of Obama's crimes. To see their disgusting little delusion crash down around them and turn to ashes in their mouths would give me immense satisfaction to behold, and to hear them rail in impotent rage against their best efforts having been crushed would be like sweet music to my ears.

Alas, that minor little indulgence aside, there is no outcome to this farce of an election that I would call favorable.
No_hite_pls

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fosterman wrote:
I'm just happy to see that smug smirked face Romney and his wife finally off the TV's! BYE BYE and good riddance! his policies are reckless and dangerous!!

see ya !!! Loser!

Romney would have been horrible for the economy. I'm glad that I don't have to sell my stocks and buy defense stocks. It will be a rough day for LMT tomorrow.

http://www.google.com/finance?client=ob&q=NYSE:LMT

http://blogs.barrons.com/focusonfunds/2012/11/06/defense-fund-rockets-to-four-year-high-romney-rally/

Last edited by No_hite_pls on Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:47 pm; edited 2 times in total
fosterman

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

visitorq wrote:
fosterman wrote:

see ya !!! Loser!

Above all, the main reason I would love to see Obama lose is not because I want Romney to win, but simply because I would love to see all the liberal whiners squirm in defeat. All the smug, hypocritical liars and charlatans like Michael Moore, Bill Maher, Rachel Maddow, and the whole MSNBC crowd who spent the entire Bush years bitching and moaning but have since gleefully ignored all of Obama's crimes. To see their disgusting little delusion crash down around them and turn to ashes in their mouths would give me immense satisfaction to behold, and to hear them rail in impotent rage against their best efforts having been crushed would be like sweet music to my ears.

Alas, that minor little indulgence aside, there is no outcome to this farce of an election that I would call favorable.

LOL, but unfortunately its you, fox news loving folk! bye bye Wink
comm

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

visitorq wrote:
Above all, the main reason I would love to see Obama lose is not because I want Romney to win, but simply because I would love to see all the liberal whiners squirm in defeat.

I dunno... I kind of prefer to see the jingoist, ultra-religious, anti-science Republicans squirm in defeat. With any luck, they'll decide to back someone who is literally conservative in all aspects of the Federal government next time around.
visitorq

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fosterman wrote:
LOL, but unfortunately its you, fox news loving folk! bye bye Wink

I can guarantee Fox news has earned more ad revenue from you than from me. Unlike you I actually have enough sense not to watch any of that crap.
bigverne

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Seriously, if the party stops sounding so anti-immigrant

The Republican party, being the party of big business, loves mass immigration of low-skilled workers. Unfortunately, this is now coming back to haunt them.
visitorq

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

comm wrote:
visitorq wrote:
Above all, the main reason I would love to see Obama lose is not because I want Romney to win, but simply because I would love to see all the liberal whiners squirm in defeat.

I dunno... I kind of prefer to see the jingoist, ultra-religious, anti-science Republicans squirm in defeat. With any luck, they'll decide to back someone who is literally conservative in all aspects of the Federal government next time around.

I just feel sorry for mainstream Republican types (true many of them are dumb, but they have a certain honesty at least). It's the smugness and self-righteous hypocrisy of the left that makes want to see them to fail.
Titus

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

comm wrote:
anti-science Republicans squirm in defeat.

I see no evidence that "Democrats" embrace science. Try to get one to accept that evolution impacts humans above the neck or that sexual dimorphism exists in our species.

Different kinds of creationism.

xxxxx

I am very happy to see Romney defeated. I am not happy to see Obama sticking around. My calculation is very simple: Romney was more likely to ruin the world economy with an attack on Iran.

I am also happy to see the Republican Party wandering into the horizon. It has completely sold out the people who have supported it.

Quote:
1) If whites weren't politically divided, we really would have a one party state. You're taking a feature of America which has preserved the two-party system and confusingly attributing to it the destruction of the two-party system.

Fox, why would you even argue the point. Texas will be Dem by the next election or the one after b/c of the growing Mexican population. It will be impossible for Republicans to win. See California for reference. No likely event will turn California to a Republican state for POTUS. Demographics are destiny.

Quote:
2) A one party state does not see phenomenon like its lower legislative house controlled by one party while its presidency and/or upper house is controlled by another. Are you predicting democrat super-majority wins for the House and Senate on top of the Presidency?

Yes. The Republican Party is toast. The demographic trends are totally against it. The share of the vote it is able to get will get smaller and smaller and smaller. There is nothing it can do to turn it around. Florida will turn solid D, Texas will turn, Arizona will turn, Colorado will turn. City after city, county after county.

Do you not see the trends? The United States will become a Brazil, where a class of oligarchs lord over a fractured and vibrant society that lacks the social capital to launch a meaningful campaign for their interests. The plebs will interest themselves with petty crime and debauchery. Media will ensure everybody is distracted. Goldman and Bain clean up.
Kuros

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:14 pm    Post subject: Ballot Measures for Civil Liberties Reply with quote

Gay Marriage legal in Maine and Maryland.

Recreational Marijuana Use legal in Washington and Colorado.

Its a good night.
Titus

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://rt.com/usa/news/marijuana-colorado-first-legalize-125/

Quote:
Marijuana is now legal in Colorado and Washington and the possibility remains for Oregon State as well.

�Aside from the national presidential election ballot initiatives in these three states are aimed at decriminalizing the herbal drug, paving the way for it to be used recreationally and even and taxed and regulated as alcohol is currently.
fosterman

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

impossible for MITT to win...

why doesn't he give up? LOL
even he takes florida, ohio and alasaka, he still can't win!!
Smithington

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obama reelected to a second term. A very good day for America. I'm looking forward to another four years of sanity in the White House. Still, I can't believe how many millions of people (technically in possession of a brain) voted for the Republicans.

Can't wait to get home tonight and turn on Fox news. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current Events Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: