Site Search:
 
TEFL International Supports Dave's ESL Cafe
TEFL Courses, TESOL Course, English Teaching Jobs - TEFL International
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Psycho Wants Divorce, We Have a Kid...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Lucas



Joined: 11 Sep 2012

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
My baby is only 4 months old


Maybe she's going through depression since having the baby?

Only you know how she's changed since having the little one......

Have YOU changed since the baby came along? If not, that's maybe one of

the reasons why she's 'walked away...'

I'm not having a go at you, just some things for you to think about...

I dunno how you get on with her parents (or how she does for that

matter) - but if you dont know where she is now, i'd camp out at their

place/ another family members place until, she either contacted you or

even better you both spoke face to face, without the baby in the way

crying.....!

Again, I dunno what your relationship with her family was like before this -
BUT if it was good to ok, just go and camp out there - I guess it'll take

less than a couple of hours for her to turn up (if you dont live too far

away from the inlaws of course!)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nolos



Joined: 23 Oct 2011

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lucas wrote:
Quote:
My baby is only 4 months old


Maybe she's going through depression since having the baby?

Only you know how she's changed since having the little one......

Have YOU changed since the baby came along? If not, that's maybe one of

the reasons why she's 'walked away...'

I'm not having a go at you, just some things for you to think about...

I dunno how you get on with her parents (or how she does for that

matter) - but if you dont know where she is now, i'd camp out at their

place/ another family members place until, she either contacted you or

even better you both spoke face to face, without the baby in the way

crying.....!

Again, I dunno what your relationship with her family was like before this -
BUT if it was good to ok, just go and camp out there - I guess it'll take

less than a couple of hours for her to turn up (if you dont live too far

away from the inlaws of course!)

I was thinking of doing this actually. Just going to her mom's house and use whatever Korean I can and try to get her to make my wife show up. Her mom doesn't know any English at all so it could be difficult. But it will put me in good light that I am there trying.
Thanks for all of the other comments everyone.
Does anyone know about my visa situation, though?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ttompatz



Joined: 05 Sep 2005
Location: Kwangju, South Korea

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nolos wrote:
Does anyone know about my visa situation, though?


If you do nothing it will expire in due course.

Since you have children, provided you have legal access to them, you can keep your F6 and eventually F5.

It does not get canceled the day you divorce.

.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
T-J



Joined: 10 Oct 2008
Location: Seoul EunpyungGu Yonshinnae

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttompatz wrote:
Nolos wrote:
Does anyone know about my visa situation, though?


If you do nothing it will expire in due course.

Since you have children, provided you have legal access to them, you can keep your F6 and eventually F5.

It does not get canceled the day you divorce.

.



Recent changes allow for foreign spouses to renew their visa and obtain an F-5 if the divorce is not consensual. This was mainly to protect foreign brides from poorer SE Asian countries, but I know of a case in which a foreign male retained his status in Korea due to his wife's abandonment to another country.

OP, there are a lot of possibilities. No one can tell you how it will work out for you because we really don't have all the facts.

There are services available for consultation and referral. I would start with those.

Best of luck.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Lucas



Joined: 11 Sep 2012

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh I forgot to say before.

If you do go to the in-laws, you'll also get a much clear picture of your wife’s thoughts:

option 1:

You arrive, they look confused- where is she...... = they don’t know about the argument (good thing, your wife is keeping it quiet - she'll be SUPER annoyed that you brought her family into it - but in the long run that'll smooth out)You were worried about her blah blah, it's onjly because you care, blah blah......

option 2: she's already told them about the situation, then I’d say your long term future together is looking bleaker.....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KimchiNinja



Joined: 01 May 2012
Location: Gangnam

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry dude.

Is she Jeollado? If yes just get away and be glad you escaped with your life. Wink
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
newb



Joined: 27 Aug 2012
Location: Korea

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KimchiNinja wrote:
Sorry dude.

Is she Jeollado? If yes just get away and be glad you escaped with your life. Wink


What's up with Jeollado?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Chalmers



Joined: 20 Oct 2008

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Better call Saul.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KimchiNinja



Joined: 01 May 2012
Location: Gangnam

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

newb wrote:
KimchiNinja wrote:
Sorry dude.

Is she Jeollado? If yes just get away and be glad you escaped with your life. Wink


What's up with Jeollado?


The subspecies Jeollado are known for their unusually selfish/crazy disposition...behavior similar to what the original poster described, or to that of a psychopath. Trace back family records, it will often be covered up. If it is found to be in the blood it can’t be “fixed”, escape being the only option.

Regarding escape; have a lawyer lay down a distraction while erasing all evidence of a relationship, then vanish without a trace. Make sure to cover one's footprints well when escaping Jeollado, they are cunning.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Gorf



Joined: 25 Jun 2011

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stuff like this is why I don't want kids.

Also, don't marry crazy women. There are lots of sane Korean ones (i.e. my wife) but there's plenty of nutjobs out there as well. Watch out.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Unibrow



Joined: 20 Aug 2012

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chalmers wrote:
Better call Saul.


He's got the number of a Vietnamese chiropractor that can adjust you to completion. Could relieve your stress OP.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KimchiNinja



Joined: 01 May 2012
Location: Gangnam

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gorf wrote:
Also, don't marry crazy women. There are lots of sane Korean ones (i.e. my wife) but there's plenty of nutjobs out there as well. Watch out.


Exactly.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CentralCali



Joined: 17 May 2007

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nolos wrote:
I was thinking of doing this actually. Just going to her mom's house and use whatever Korean I can and try to get her to make my wife show up. Her mom doesn't know any English at all so it could be difficult. But it will put me in good light that I am there trying.


Or it could get you arrested, depending on what the wife told her family. So far, there has been one absolutely outstanding piece of advice in this thread. You have one and only good choice here: Hire a lawyer. Anything else and you could very well cause to happen what you are trying to avoid.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Captain Corea



Joined: 28 Feb 2005
Location: Seoul

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's some advice BEFORE you head to the lawyer - secure your money. If your wife is as... flighty as she sounds, who knows what she might do with any joint funds.

You're going to need them if things go south.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
madoka



Joined: 27 Mar 2008

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Psycho Wants Divorce, We Have a Kid... Reply with quote

Unibrow wrote:
We only have one side of the story here.


+1

Ask yourself: what kind of person would marry a "complete nut?"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


This page is maintained by the one and only Dave Sperling.
Contact Dave's ESL Cafe
Copyright © 2013 Dave Sperling. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group

TEFL International Supports Dave's ESL Cafe
TEFL Courses, TESOL Course, English Teaching Jobs - TEFL International