Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

need help finding anti-parasitic medicine in korea.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nem2nn

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:40 am    Post subject: need help finding anti-parasitic medicine in korea. Reply with quote

so, i am searching for Ivermectin. This antibiotic is usually used for animal treatment, but recent studies showed it's effectiveness against demodex mites infestation on face(acne,roscea). the topic is through the following link below
http://rosacea-support.org/demodex-mites-ivermectin-effective-treatment
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10534645

so i found out, that it is also distributed as pills among africans against worms in the blood.

so the problem is, as i researched the topic, to find the medicine, suitable for humans, not for animals.
for any help thanks in advance.
nem2nn

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bump
newb

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go to your local pharmacist and ask for 회충약 (Hue-Choong-Yak). It is recommended by Koreans that you take it once a year to get rid of any and all parasites in your body.
nem2nn

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could not find out more about 회충약. but if it is taken once a year, then there are some doubts that it helps. because parasitic mites have eggs inside hair follicles. Even if the adults die, the eggs will hatch after 4 days. so still searching for ivemictin.
alongway

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to a korean drug website it is not available in Korea. There is no medicine listed with this as an ingredient.
nem2nn

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

as for now i found out that in korean it is spelled 이버맥틴. so there is such a medicine.
alongway

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nem2nn wrote:
as for now i found out that in korean it is spelled 이버맥틴. so there is such a medicine.

Just because they have a konglish spelling for it doesn't mean it's for sale here:
http://www.druginfo.co.kr/search2/search.aspx?q=%C0%CC%B9%F6%B8%C6%C6%BE

There are no drugs listed in Korean or English with this as an ingredient.
young_clinton

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:49 am    Post subject: Re: need help finding anti-parasitic medicine in korea. Reply with quote

nem2nn wrote:
so, i am searching for Ivermectin. This antibiotic is usually used for animal treatment, but recent studies showed it's effectiveness against demodex mites infestation on face(acne,roscea).

Acne Rosacea is caused by bacteria. I think you better discuss the issue with a real doctor. They use a different assortment of antibiotics to treat Acne Rosacea including Flagyl which is dispensed topically in a compound called Metrodionazol (which is what I take and it is very effective). Flagyl is also an antiparasitic compound, however it is bacteria that causes Acne Rosacea not parasitic mites.

I hope you realise that you can't trust many of the articles on the internet that discuss medical issues. The internet is full of huckters that talk about medical topics.
Adventurer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:11 am    Post subject: Re: need help finding anti-parasitic medicine in korea. Reply with quote

nem2nn wrote:
so, i am searching for Ivermectin. This antibiotic is usually used for animal treatment, but recent studies showed it's effectiveness against demodex mites infestation on face(acne,roscea). the topic is through the following link below
http://rosacea-support.org/demodex-mites-ivermectin-effective-treatment
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10534645

so i found out, that it is also distributed as pills among africans against worms in the blood.

so the problem is, as i researched the topic, to find the medicine, suitable for humans, not for animals.
for any help thanks in advance.

What about black walnut tea? I'm sure you can import the herb into Korea. I can't see why not. Also, people recommend wormwood tea.

Good luck...
nem2nn

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the name that i gave is not a konglish, but googlesearch is giving only results for medicine for animals.
in this case, rosacea is caused by mites called Demodex folliculorum & Demodex brevis. This is proven by the dermatologist, who looked through microscope the hair from eyelashes. The albendazol, that the koreans take twice a year will not help against these.
i foun out that ivermectin is sold n the USA and Canada with the name Stromectol. any ideas how to get it?
alongway

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nem2nn wrote:
the name that i gave is not a konglish, but googlesearch is giving only results for medicine for animals.
in this case, rosacea is caused by mites called Demodex folliculorum & Demodex brevis. This is proven by the dermatologist, who looked through microscope the hair from eyelashes. The albendazol, that the koreans take twice a year will not help against these.
i foun out that ivermectin is sold n the USA and Canada with the name Stromectol. any ideas how to get it?

The name you gave is the Konglish spelling of Ivermectin. It is the medical ingredient, and no medicine made for human consumption in Korea has it as an ingredient. If you want to go to a vet, that's up to you.

As for stuff in Canada or the US, you can go there and get it. Importing drugs which may be restricted may not end well. No idea what the status is on a drug not for sale here, or only for sale as an animal drug, you'd have to look it up on the list of controlled substances.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: