Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

UK FCO apostille 'non straightforward' application..how long

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kimchifart

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:48 am    Post subject: UK FCO apostille 'non straightforward' application..how long Reply with quote

So my apostille application is deemed 'non straightforward' because they didn't have one of the signatures on file.

Has anyone else had this, and how long did it take them to sort it out for you?

I might lose a really good job because of this. I'm kicking myself.
Jingo besus

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got my "thankyou for your online order" etc etc email confirming payment on the 17th October.

They then emailed me on the 19th October to tell me that my order had been shipped.

On the 20th they emailed me to confirm my application was nonstandard and told me to wait to hear from them.

I then received an email on November 2nd to confirm that my non standard document (the degree) had been confirmed and dispatched, although the apotille certificate on my degree is actually dated november 1st.

Fedex delivered my documents on November 3rd, or at least tried to as i wasnt home, i had to get the delivery rearranged to monday, i now hold them in my hands and am terrified of accidentally putting them through the shredder or something...

How does that compare to your waiting time?
Kimchifart

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jingo besus wrote:
I got my "thankyou for your online order" etc etc email confirming payment on the 17th October.

They then emailed me on the 19th October to tell me that my order had been shipped.

On the 20th they emailed me to confirm my application was nonstandard and told me to wait to hear from them.

I then received an email on November 2nd to confirm that my non standard document (the degree) had been confirmed and dispatched, although the apotille certificate on my degree is actually dated november 1st.

Fedex delivered my documents on November 3rd, or at least tried to as i wasnt home, i had to get the delivery rearranged to monday, i now hold them in my hands and am terrified of accidentally putting them through the shredder or something...

How does that compare to your waiting time?

Oh I'm still waiting. I only got the notification of non standard BS today; I'm really hoping I can get them sooner than you managed because the job I may have an interview for wants to see them at interview.

thanks for the reply. I'll let you know how long mine takes, might help put some others minds at rest.
tremault

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope it's not frowned upon to revive an old thread, I checked the guidelines and it seemed to be ok.

I wanted to add my experience to this.

I sent off my application 5 days ago by special delivery.
I got a email the following day saying my order had been 'shipped'.
I am still waiting for any other sign of my documents or their progress.
I checked my spam folder for any further emails, but I have received nothing.

judging by the other posts here, when they say 'shipped', they don't actually mean shipped. That is fairly misleading, but what can you do, eh? so I must wait for an email saying it is 'despatched'? that is my assumption. but I am wondering why it takes 4 days to do the job that they clearly say takes one afternoon. if it is non-standard then they need to tell me I am sure. even then, my solicitor has already done this process for other people so they ought to have his signature.
the only thing I can think of that might hold it up, is the way he notarised my standard disclosure. he didn't write what 'type' of authentication he was performing. I couldn't find any reference to 'types' of authentication that can be performed and I expect a notary public who has been properly trained, to know how to do his job. The only thing that made me think that might be a problem is the guidelines on the FCO website. they said the type of authentication needed to be written upon it.

I couldn't find any information about authentication types for documents online, and the solicitor was out of office until the following friday(today) and I wanted to get this stuff sorted so I asked my advisor and they said it was ok. I hope they were right and I get my documents soon.
tremault

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just wanted to update this.

I'm not sure if mine was a 'non-standard' but anyway, I got my email verification of dispatch just now.
(i tell you, it made me happier than I remember being in a very long time)

so this seems like it has taken 7 days to process.

but no communications from them. that's shoddy. but there you go.

edit:
actually it was non-standard. they have basically told me my CBC is not notarised properly and they need me to get it sorted before they legalise it.
(no extra charge)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: