Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ttompatz and other non-teachers: Question about E-2 visa

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gorf

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:10 am    Post subject: ttompatz and other non-teachers: Question about E-2 visa Reply with quote

An American teacher friend of mine who speaks English, Spanish, Italian and some Korean has been offered a job in a Korean software company to be an international manager. They want him to find and do sales in Europe and America. He is currently on a normal E-2 visa and he is wondering about how he can transfer to a professional work permit, and what the requirements are. The company head that offered him a job has said they will sponsor his visa, and they mainly want him because of his diverse language skills. I Renee seeing one time that they will have to prove that a Korean can't do the job, is that true? We really appreciate it, thanks in advance for the information 411.
ttompatz

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prove to labor that he has skills that cannot be obtained in Korea (no Korean is available to do the job).
Prove that he has the necessary qualifications to do the job in question.
Show undergraduate and post graduate qualifications for the job in questions.
Show experience or other skills related to the job in question.

ONCE the company has the permission to hire a foreigner they can then apply for the visa confirmation for the E7.

Then the applicant can do the visa run to obtain the new E7.

There are no set requirements for an E7. Each job and applicant are judged on their own merits.

General guidelines are:
i) bachelors in the field of expertise and 5 years of related experience.
ii) masters in the field and 2 years of related experience.
iii) PhD.
or
iv) significant other skills (must be documented).

Gorf

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He also wants to know if he can transfer his E-2 with a release letter and the company's documentation to an E-7 or if he has to do a visa run to change from that one to a different one.
Skippy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gorf wrote:
He also wants to know if he can transfer his E-2 with a release letter and the company's documentation to an E-7 or if he has to do a visa run to change from that one to a different one.

I thought a E-visa to E-visa transfer (ie, E2-->E1) is possible in country? The HiKorea website is being fixed up so the information is not reachable. Still, I remember the transfer was possible.

Good Luck to your friend. Please keep us up to date.
Moondoggy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:11 am    Post subject: Re: ttompatz and other non-teachers: Question about E-2 visa Reply with quote

Gorf wrote:
An American teacher friend of mine who speaks English, Spanish, Italian and some Korean has been offered a job in a Korean software company to be an international manager. They want him to find and do sales in Europe and America. He is currently on a normal E-2 visa and he is wondering about how he can transfer to a professional work permit, and what the requirements are. The company head that offered him a job has said they will sponsor his visa, and they mainly want him because of his diverse language skills. I Renee seeing one time that they will have to prove that a Korean can't do the job, is that true? We really appreciate it, thanks in advance for the information 411.

what's "international manager"?
go out and do something healthy instead of trolling on dave's esl cafe.
PatrickGHBusan

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:33 am    Post subject: Re: ttompatz and other non-teachers: Question about E-2 visa Reply with quote

Moondoggy wrote:
Gorf wrote:

go out and do something healthy instead of trolling on dave's esl cafe.

Sounds like a basic foreign sales rep position.
Gorf

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:06 am    Post subject: Re: ttompatz and other non-teachers: Question about E-2 visa Reply with quote

PatrickGHBusan wrote:

Go out and do something healthy instead of trolling on dave's esl cafe.

Quote:
Sounds like a basic foreign sales rep position.

I don't really know the details, but yeah, basically he's just there to try and find places that want to use their software in other parts of the world.

Last edited by Gorf on Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:39 pm; edited 2 times in total
PatrickGHBusan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did not write that first part you quoted.....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: