Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A few last minute questions regarding documents...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alker

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:11 pm    Post subject: A few last minute questions regarding documents... Reply with quote

I finally got all of my documents together and I'm about to start applying. Is a cover letter typically expected when going through a recruiter? I started typing one up and noticed that all the agencies usually ask for is a resume and photograph.

Also, at least one recruiter stated that applicants must have 2 sets of documents. I only have one appostilled CRC/diploma...will this be a problem? I just assumed that I'd be able to email photocopies of the orginal documents until I actually sign a contract.
newb

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:48 pm    Post subject: Re: A few last minute questions regarding documents... Reply with quote

Alker wrote:
I finally got all of my documents together and I'm about to start applying. Is a cover letter typically expected when going through a recruiter? I started typing one up and noticed that all the agencies usually ask for is a resume and photograph.

Also, at least one recruiter stated that applicants must have 2 sets of documents. I only have one appostilled CRC/diploma...will this be a problem? I just assumed that I'd be able to email photocopies of the orginal documents until I actually sign a contract.

A cover letter would be your email message.

Two sets of documents are not required, but they would be beneficial when you realize the school that hired you is "hagwon hell." Always, prepare for the worst.
tremault

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

some recruiters will ask for a cover letter to send to schools on your behalf.
you can find examples of cover letters via google.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: