Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Do you need two FBI Checks and Diplomas Now?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
StDan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:56 am    Post subject: Do you need two FBI Checks and Diplomas Now? Reply with quote

I talked with a RBI recruiter last night and he told me that Korea is now requiring another original apostilled FBI background check and a copy of your diploma with an apostille. This seems odd to me so I asked more and he said it is a new procedure that started a few months ago. To get the visa you need the basic paperwork and to satisfied some sort of education board you need the above stated paperwork.

Can anyone verify this?
Skippy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Banging head against desk....

Please read some of the threads a little bit down. This is like the fourth time it has been asked this week.
StDan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

not seeing it still.

How about a link?
StDan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nvm got it
Skippy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From your post at 10:50 on Thursday...
13 Down - MOE wants a fresh medical report? - Relevant information, title can be deceiving.

16 Down - Need help! Board of Education needs new E-2 visa documents

33 down - Health Check and F-4 - Once again title is a little deceiving but relevant information...

I could show more but do not want to waste the time. If you had spent a few minutes click and reading you might have found your answer, but some people just want to ask right off the bat. Plus another option could be is to try searching.

using just the eslcafe search no google and the words visa documents and click search for all terms radio button and just the last 3 months (well had to try a few times it is buggy at times, but with some patience) I get...
nothing. Ok it sucks. I think the load is bad right now.

but using google site:forums.eslcafe.com/korea visa document 2011..2012

I get just skimming about well lots of good candidates.

Please try a little harder... Read and lurk a bit more...
miso1004

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I made a 2 extra copies of my FBI check just in case however the academy I am applying to now says it has to be within 6 months! However I have not been out of the states since I have been here! (around 20 months)

Does that mean I have to apply for ANOTHER FBI check even though I know for a fact it is clean?
EZE

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

miso1004 wrote:
I made a 2 extra copies of my FBI check just in case however the academy I am applying to now says it has to be within 6 months! However I have not been out of the states since I have been here! (around 20 months)

Does that mean I have to apply for ANOTHER FBI check even though I know for a fact it is clean?

Yes. I have two spare FBI background checks I brought with me in August, but I'm mailing off fresh sets of fingerprints on Saturday to get two new copies.
Skippy

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

miso1004 wrote:

Pretty much! Stop expecting logic. Still you might avoid needing a new one and you are doing a visa transfer. If you leave the country/cancel visa expect to provide ALL new paperwork.

Plus, yes CRCs do have a shelf life of 6 months (or is 180 days) from date if issue on the CRC.

I know it is silly, to have to do it all over again. Even more so when you have not had a chance to go back home and commit a crime.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: