Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wall Street Institute Info?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sireno

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:21 pm    Post subject: Wall Street Institute Info? Reply with quote

Can anyone tell me about what it may be like working here? Do you apply through their website since it seems to be like you do. Do recruiters work for them also? I was under the impression they teach adults and it's a good gig, though I can't seem to dig up much info. Thanks for any input.
PatrickGHBusan

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depends on if you get a full time contract or a part-time contract with them. Conditions differ.
cabeza

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only know about full time. I was offered a job but unfortunately couldnt take it:

Starting salary is 2.3-2.5
You are in school for about 8 hours a day of which i think 5-6 are contact hours. You have to work 1-2 Saturdays per week.

Housing is not provided, but they do offer either 10million for a deposit or 100,000-300,000 per month depending on where you are living.
No split shifts. No kids. Their teaching method focuses on the communication side of things as opposed to grammar etc.

I found them to be professional and straight foward when dealing with them and information i found when researching them was about 90% positive, which is a pretty rare thing in esl in Korea.
misher

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I worked for WSI back in 2008/2009.

The part-time contract isn't bad but it will most likely be evenings instead of mornings. The guys that have been there since the beginning have it pretty nice where they work 7-11 AM at about 30k/lesson. It works out to be about 2 million a month for them. In the evenings I worked 7-10PM and every 3rd Saturday. It worked out to be around 1.5 million a month. Not much but they do give you permission to get another job. Many do after school programs for 2.5 million a month or work for another adult hagwon (like I did in the mornings.)

WSI was a great place to work because it was just so damn easy. There is almost no prep after you get the method and materials down and the onus is on the student to prepare everything and practice speaking to other students in the lounge. WSI creates quite a social atmosphere and in my opinion it is a great way an adult can actually improve in an EFL context.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: