Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The legal requirements in marrying a North Korean lady?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Off-Topic Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zackback

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:14 pm    Post subject: The legal requirements in marrying a North Korean lady? Reply with quote

I'm looking for some adventure.
So I got to thinking how I could go about meeting and marrying a North Korean lady. Not one that has defected into the South already (that would be too easy) but one that is still in North Korea.
I'm sure others have thought about this idea..but it takes someone like me to post this kind of sensitive topic.

Thanks
JustinC

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny enough until you mentioned that it hadn't crossed my mind! What are the odds?
Swampfox10mm

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can meet ladies from North Korea if you are in China. I met a foreigner married to one... he met her in China while teaching there.
jvalmer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Highly doubtful you'll marry a North Korean lady still in North Korea. Not even non-ethnic Korean defectors to NK are allowed to marry a Korean.

I think there is only one case, but the guy was Vietnamese, and by the time they allowed it they were in their 40's/50's and she had to promise never to return to NK again.

Your best bet is China and find a desperate, homeless and starving North Korean girl there.
Dave Chance

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jvalmer wrote:
Highly doubtful you'll marry a North Korean lady still in North Korea. Not even non-ethnic Korean defectors to NK are allowed to marry a Korean.

I think there is only one case, but the guy was Vietnamese, and by the time they allowed it they were in their 40's/50's and she had to promise never to return to NK again.

Your best bet is China and find a desperate, homeless and starving North Korean girl there.

Now, now, our buddy Zack deserves better than that.

If that was all he wanted he could roam the streets of Detroit or Atlanta.
BigBuds

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave Chance wrote:
jvalmer wrote:

Now, now, our buddy Zack deserves better than that.

If that was all he wanted he could roam the streets of Detroit or Atlanta.

He already tried that. They rejected him.
Unibrow

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read a trip report from a guy who went to a brothel in North Korea. it was government owned and he seemed to have a fun time.
Dave Chance

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unibrow wrote:
I read a trip report from a guy who went to a brothel in North Korea. it was government owned and he seemed to have a fun time.

gotta link on ya?
young_clinton

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure how you could even have the opportunity to talk to one. It's illegal for a North Korean to talk to a Westerner.
PatrickGHBusan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zack, buddy, NK does not allow shirtless running!

That offense is punishable by death (firing squad) and any NK citizen who is seen with a shirtless running man and does not promptly reported can get jail time.

Guess you are out then. Laughing
KimchiNinja

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This topic is too awesome.
Rowdy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:50 pm    Post subject: The legal requirements to marry a North Korean lady Reply with quote

Zackback..My fraternity brothers and I tried this back in 1984 at UGA. We wanted several midget NK ladies that would be willing to marry a bunch of drunk rednecks. We wrote numerous letters to the NK consulate but the arses never responded. We did get a response from the Mexican consulate but they refused to hook us up with midget wives. So we decided to just drink more beer and fight more often. I still wonder how my life would have been if I had married a NK communist midget or a Mexican midget. Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Off-Topic Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: