Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Lumia 920

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Technology Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jeremydc808

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:26 pm    Post subject: Lumia 920 Reply with quote

Any word if it will available in Korea?
jeremydc808

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

251 views and nothing? Wow.
kpfogey

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm actually also interested in the phone so I did some research. I searched a bunch of blog posts and Korean news sites... interest in the phone and windows (phone) 8 as a whole is there, but nothing definite as to when the 920 is coming if at all.

If you really want, you can pre-order from expansys korean site and they'll ship one over to you when it releases worldwide
jeremydc808

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool, please keep me updated if there is any other information. I am actually waiting until March to buy it in Korea.
singerdude

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just ordered the black 920 on expansys. Not sure when it will be delivered. Will keep you updated if interested.
singerdude

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got the Lumia on Monday from Expansys. I first went to SK since I already had an account with them. They had a lot of trouble setting up the phone and they could only get voice calls working. No data. That wasn't good enough for my new phone, so I went to KT today. They got it to work with data, but only 3G. They explained they only allowed LTE on the phones they sell, which is too bad but not a dealbreaker for me. Not that I had any choice at this point, however. So I got the cheapest unlimited data plan for 55,000/month.

I love the phone so far. Much smoother and faster than my Galaxy Note. It has a much more premium feel to it too. I bought the black matte version. The camera, in the short time that I have used it, is very impressive. The low light performance is fantastic. I like having the dedicated camera button. You do a half press to focus, then click, just like a regular point and shoot. My wife and students complained that it was too heavy, but I rather like it because it feels so solid.

So far so good.
kpfogey

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the lumia 920 too and the people who said they only allow lte on phones they sell is a blatant lie. I went to the KT center in Guui and the nice guy there figured it out for me.

First thing you have to make sure is that your 4g radio is available. You can do that by going to Settings -> Highest connection speed -> 4G. If 4G isn't available, you gotta flash the phone to a different rom.

If you set that to 4G, then you do this. Go to Settings -> access point and add a new access point

name it whatever
Internet APN
Access Point Name - lte.ktfwing.com
Network type - IPv4
Authentication type - none

MMS APN
MMS Access Point Name - lte.ktfwing.com
MMSC address - http://mmsc.ktfwing.com:9082
Network type - IPv4
Authentication type - none

Once you enter in the correct information, save it, and set it to active, you should have lte connectivity.

Btw, this was for the lumia 920, but the basic principle should work for other phones
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Technology Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: