Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

<6 month on ARC in August

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Travel Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pinehurst

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:38 am    Post subject: <6 month on ARC in August Reply with quote

Is it possible for someone who first arrived in Korea in 9/2011, to get a visa to visit China in August? I don't want to go to Beijing in winter. It seems like NETs who arrived in fall will never be allowed to go in summer because of the 6+ month left on ARC requirement. Do I understanding this correctly?
ttompatz

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:28 pm    Post subject: Re: <6 month on ARC in August Reply with quote

Pinehurst wrote:
Is it possible for someone who first arrived in Korea in 9/2011, to get a visa to visit China in August? I don't want to go to Beijing in winter. It seems like NETs who arrived in fall will never be allowed to go in summer because of the 6+ month left on ARC requirement. Do I understanding this correctly?

Visas are typically good for 90 days from date of issue to date of entry into China before they expire. 6-12 months for those who get a multi-entry visa.

Get your visa at any time up to the 6 month mark and you are good to travel up to your 9th month of employment in Korea.

If you want to get into China and want it to happen in your 10th, 11th, or 12th month of employment then your options are to send your passport to the Chinese embassy in your home country or enter via Hong Kong.

Pinehurst

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not what I wanted to hear Mad , but thanks. It would be the 11th month, Hong Kong would be an extra expense and don't think it is a good idea to be without a passport. How is Beijing in January?
ttompatz

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pinehurst wrote:
Not what I wanted to hear Mad , but thanks. It would be the 11th month, Hong Kong would be an extra expense and don't think it is a good idea to be without a passport. How is Beijing in January?

Cold.

Weigookin74

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttompatz wrote:
Pinehurst wrote:

Cold.

How about Shanghai? I may want to visit it in the future.
ttompatz

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weigookin74 wrote:
ttompatz wrote:
Pinehurst wrote:

Cold.

How about Shanghai? I may want to visit it in the future.

Less cold. Even Hong Kong can be pretty cool in the winter (temps into the single digits during a cold snap).

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Travel Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: