Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Where to Go for Camera Repair/Battery

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lindsay316

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:10 am    Post subject: Where to Go for Camera Repair/Battery Reply with quote

I'm having some trouble with my digital camera, and I'm not sure where to go to try to fix the problem. I think it might just be that the battery is kaput, since the camera just simply won't turn on at all. I've tried charging the battery several times, but nothing happens. I don't want to buy a whole new camera or pay to get it "repaired" if all that's wrong with it is that it needs a new battery.

Any advice on a place I could go that might have a new battery I could try and then try to repair the camera if the battery isn't the problem? It isn't an incredibly old camera--about a 3-year-old Nikon Coolpix--so I'd like to try to get some more use out of it.

I'd prefer to avoid Yongsan because it's crazy. I would love to find a small store that specializes in Nikons. I live in Nakseongdae, and recommendations of places in this general area are appreciated! Thanks!
tardisrider

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is the address and phone number for Nikon "afterservice" in Korea:

Korea Nikon Imaging Korea Co., Ltd.

12F The Korea Chamber of Commerce & Industry Bldg., 45 4ga Namdaemunro, Jung-gu, Seoul, 100-743 Korea
Tel: 02-6050-1800

(but if you think it just might be a bad battery, I'd put in a new one before taking it in--just saying)
Jake_Kim

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The address above is simply the head office of Nikon Imaging Korea.

Excluding Yongsan, other official Nikon repair shops are at:

Gangnam: Unit 203, 2nd floor, The-O-Ville building, 1337-22 Seocho-dong; this is a single ride on a blue 643 bus from Nakseongdae, get off at 구립서초어린이도서관, proceed to Gangnam main road, turn right towards Yangjae, just one block down the road to your right.

Namdaemun: Unit 408, 4th floor, Serona Shopping mall, 1-1 Namchang-dong. This is midway between Namdaemun site and Myeongdong, kinda tricky to explain but basically 501 or 506 to Bukchang-dong takes you there.

There are 5 more around Seoul, but they're relatively irrelevant.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: